Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

A lawyer running through the possibilities. Quite an interesting thread of tweets from Jonathan Brown.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Presume this is the one they'll pursue, citing the Dundee debacle etc.

Still farcical as I think you could hold that vote 10 times and get the same outcome.

Indeed. All that would happen is the vote would be declared, amusingly, null and void but it wouldn't prevent a re-run that has the same outcome.

However, because there's no provision for a "no" vote, a challenge on these grounds is doomed to fail. Any one of the clubs who explicitly did register a "no" vote were entitled to change it at any point before the legal deadline (which wasn't the Friday at 5pm). 

The only thing they could potentially grasp is the SPFL publishing the votes as they stood before all votes were in. However, there's nothing unlawful about that, even if it's on dodgy ground morally. 

30 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Any sense of sympathy I had for Hearts and Thistle (not that there was that much to be fair), is evaporating pretty fucking rapidly......

I’m right upset by this 😥 aw please like us. 

12 minutes ago, Flash said:

Are all the clubs who voted yes going to issue a statement?

I hope so. Unfortunately I understand my own club voted against, which is shameful.

43 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Wooooops.

It's good that Hearts are getting one court action for the price of two, really it is.

3 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I hope so. Unfortunately I understand my own club voted against, which is shameful.

St Mirren voted against to save themselves from what would result in a, likely, 6 figure deficit compared to what they should earn this season. 

They also voted against a half arsed reconstruction which would stop any other, well thought out reconstruction, from happening in the next decade.

12 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

I’m right upset by this 😥 aw please like us. 

I didn’t say I ever liked you. 

I said I sympathised with your position. 

2 different things.

"Dear Jacqui,

Re Court Action

Ye ken aw oor money is tied up in stocks n shares n that. Could you see your wey clear to front the money for the brief? We"'ll pey oor share oot the winnins.

Yours in sport

A

6 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

The c**t cani even spell 😂

He's Celtic minded too.

16 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Shameful?

No. Better examples that could be categorised as "shameful" are bullying, blackmail, blatant self-interest and the majority of Hearts players performances on the park last season.:)

Edited by FTOF

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

That all you got to add?

mike.jpg.10b7ef711e194b7d10ed244ccc4f55b4.jpg

We can take this further in October if you’ve raised enough at the car boot sales to get yer diddy fitba team up & running for the league! That do?

23 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Stick to the script FFS.

Would it not be simpler to intoduce a new rule for clubs promoted to the Premiership? A total seated capacity of say, I don't know, 14,225, with immediate effect. Would that solve the problem of keeping Hearts in the top flight?

2 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

We can take this further in October if you’ve raised enough at the car boot sales to get yer diddy fitba team up & running for the league! That do?

Couldn't have asked for anything more, tbh. As mentally sound as Mr Deans. Looking forward to the Neil McCann spectacular after you blow all the dough on this pathetic wild goose chase.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The game is in extra time it's had everything red cards, balls off the line, late drama ,goals and now the wee sting in the tale.

Some story!