League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Are they taking this to the Court of Abritration of Sport? Inthough that was the only route in these matters that prevents team from being potentially expelled by thier FA?

Still havent heard anything about what Hearts (and now Partick) are sueing for.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of Rangers titles is "tainted".

The 1890/91 title has an asterisk next to it, they finished 2nd on Goal Difference but were awarded a play off for the title due to having the same points as Dumbarton. The play off was a draw so the title was awarded to both.

Goal difference is completely irrelevant to this, it wasn't introduced until the 1971/72 season. There were no tie-break rules whatsoever until 1921/22 - before then any important positions were settled by a play-off. Therefore I wouldn't say this is a tainted title, but it is only half a title.

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Tom English is now struggling with reality.

Said it yesterday, there are some clubs where he will barely be allowed over the door once this is finished.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53062777

I appreciate I'll be going against the grain here, and that most people are revelling in Hearts' relegation, but I think that's a really great article by Tom English. I'll post the salient passages below:

Because Hearts are the biggest of the three clubs facing relegation, most of the attention has been on them. That suits the other clubs who have voted against reconstruction. They want the argument focusing on Hearts and not Partick Thistle or Stranraer because it's easier to kick Hearts than it is Thistle, it's more convenient to bang on about Ann Budge - a misogynistic tone to some of it - and to mock Hearts' financial wastefulness and their awful decision-making than it is to confront the steepling injustice that is Thistle's situation.

(...)

Many of these same people are lying low. Ross County's Roy MacGregor was one of the few who raised his head above the parapet over the weekend when saying that Hearts should "take their medicine" and desist from legal action. He presumably meant that Thistle should also take their medicine. Let him and others justify those comments to Partick Thistle, a club whose future will be in jeopardy if, and probably when, it's confirmed that they can't play league football until next year.

No club deserves this kind of treatment. Having won just two out of 13 league games before football was suspended MacGregor's own club were in freefall. Even hopeless Hearts had more points than them in that period.

Had Ross Country continued that trajectory and dropped to 12th and were then robbed of a chance to rescue themselves because of the pandemic would MacGregor be practising what he's now preaching about taking his medicine or would he be highlighting a wrong and calling for support? It doesn't matter who the afflicted clubs are, no properly functioning governing body - one that purports to act in the interests of 42 clubs - would stand over this decision.

(...)

We're asked to believe that people who scream the house down over a bad refereeing call would sigh and take their medicine when the very stability of their club was put in jeopardy. They wouldn't be happy, you understand, but they wouldn't be behaving like Budge with her legal action and her QCs and her vow to fight this to the last. They'd have more class.

They should save that stuff for the tourists. Court now beckons and with it comes the disapproving shaking of heads among clubs who have given Hearts no other option but to fight. "It's a sad day when lawyers get involved," said an official at one of those clubs who voted against reconstruction. If only his self-awareness matched his self-interest.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Partick Thistle deciding to embarrass themselves. Shame.

Jacqui Low is absolutely horrendous at PR. 

That final paragraph 😂

Just now, Frank Grimes said:

Hearts & Thistle are hoping to get what exactly from going to court?

Reeks of face saving. 

Money.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Goal difference is completely irrelevant to this, it wasn't introduced until the 1971/72 season. There were no tie-break rules whatsoever until 1921/22 - before then any important positions were settled by a play-off. Therefore I wouldn't say this is a tainted title, but it is only half a title.

...and there are several seasons where, for example, 2 or 3 clubs are deemed to have finished 7th in the league as they all had the same points.

As taints go its nowhere near illegally paying your players money you ultimately couldn't afford.

Jacqui Low: "To those who think we should just move on and accept what’s been dished out to us, yesterday 26 clubs put themselves first. Today, we have now been given the opportunity to do the same.”

Partick/Hearts/Stranraer have been attempting to put themselves first throughout. I assume Partick were all for the three reconstruction proposals put forward which would’ve put clubs throughout the leagues at a disadvantage to varying degrees. Get it up them. 

Imagine celebrating 9 in a row because Neil Doncaster couldn't check his junk folder on time. 
In fairness I think they're celebrating 9 in a row because the ***s absolutely shat it after new year. Unsurprising, considering the ***s employed an absolute bottler as a manager.