League Reconstruction 20/21 season

31 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That one always draws a chuckle .  Especially now. 

Relegation places are not the same as play off places . Why is that so difficult to understand ? 

Half the journalists concerned don't even know how many "senior" clubs there are in Scotland, never mind the formula of how relegation is managed between the SPFL and the top two pyramid leagues.

4 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

You are kidding .. they were 2 points behind with a game in hand... not exactly very fair is it.. 

I would hope they would be suitably compensated for their misfortune or would you prefer to give them a good kick as well while they are down ?

But the agreement was that the leagues were called on a points per game basis. They were treated just like everyone else. Unfortunate, and maybe even a bit unlucky, but not shocking or disgraceful etc. This stuff about the game in hand is often raised, but Partick won less than 1* game in the league in 2020.

Why should they get special dispensation? What is the cut off for that anyway? 2 points adrift? 4 points? 6 points?

They'll be getting zero compensation as well, as is right. They probably would have went down anyway; should they have been awarded compensation then? Their board will surely have been looking at the budget anyway. How is not giving them undeserved compensation kicking them whilst they're down?

*Zero. They won zero league games in 2020. 

Edited by DA Baracus

6 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

Finishing bottom of Division 2  doesn't relegate a team though. It just means you will go in to a separate play off competition administered by the SFA which may or may not result in relegation. Brora and Kelty had to still play each other for the right to have a go at Brechin.  It wasn't going to played so without reconstruction the only result could be for Brechin to stay put.

I would have happily put up with 14-10-10-10 even with it meaning Hearts undeservingly avoiding relegation, just to put the shits up Brechin and Elgin. 

11 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

Finishing bottom of Division 2  doesn't relegate a team though. It just means you will go in to a separate play off competition administered by the SFA which may or may not result in relegation. Brora and Kelty had to still play each other for the right to have a go at Brechin.  It wasn't going to played so without reconstruction the only result could be for Brechin to stay put.

Yes, I know that. Your explanation would be better directed to Tom English.

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

Must be confident of victory in the courts. I am sure their well paid lawyers are persuading them of just such a scenario. 

Not sure how long this will take and what the repercussions will be in the here and now. 

Thing is I suspect of they lose they will also have to pay SPFL courts costs so a massive gamble. 

Not only that I am sure I read somewhere that UEFA only like clubs taking legal s action via court of arbitration for sport. Any other Avenue is likely to meet with scorn. 

That plus the embarrassment of the whole of the rest of Scottish football if they fail. 

This could set Hearts back years..

Levein’s already tried his best to do that!

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

But the agreement was that the leagues were called on a points per game basis. They were treated just like everyone else. Unfortunate, and maybe even a bit unlucky, but not shocking or disgraceful etc. This stuff about the game in hand is often raised, but Partick won less than 1* game in the league in 2020.

Why should they get special dispensation? What is the cut off for that anyway? 2 points adrift? 4 points? 6 points?

They'll be getting zero compensation as well, as is right. They probably would have went down anyway; should they have been awarded compensation then? Their board will surely have been looking at the budget anyway. How is not giving them undeserved compensation kicking them whilst they're down?

*Zero. They won zero league games in 2020. 

QOS won one more game than them.. the game in hand maybe ?   .. both were rubbish .. and yes they  ‘probably’ would of went down but I still think it is incredibly unfair what has happened to them and Scottish football should make them a special case and compensate them .. but that’s only my opinion 

2 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

QOS won one more game than them.. the game in hand maybe ?   .. both were rubbish .. and yes they  ‘probably’ would of went down but I still think it is incredibly unfair what has happened to them and Scottish football should make them a special case and compensate them .. but that’s only my opinion 

But why make them a special case? Other clubs would immediately demand that they too be treated as a special case.

Treating everyone the same was the fairest way to do things.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

In 10/11 months time they'll most likely be celebrating a league title, having had a pretty enjoyable season where their fans went to some grounds they haven't been to for a while (or possibly ever) having banged in a fair few goals.

They'll have a nice title party at a full Tynecastle and will go up with a decent bit of momentum and feel good around their club. 

Hardly the worst fate in the world.

Alternatively they go to Dens Park on the last day, needing a point for promotion...

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

In 10/11 months time they'll most likely be celebrating a league title, having had a pretty enjoyable season where their fans went to some grounds they haven't been to for a while (or possibly ever) having banged in a fair few goals.

They'll have a nice title party at a full Tynecastle and will go up with a decent bit of momentum and feel good around their club. 

Hardly the worst fate in the world.

Actually, we'll probably see them bitterly crying at every game, with poorly written banners and shite 'f**k the SPFL' chants, and a furious impotent rage and 'get it up yous' to a bemused league once they win promotion.

But what about all the money they are about to lose?

A number which seemingly increases at the same rate as a rumoured Morelos transfer fee.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

But why make them a special case? Other clubs would immediately demand that they too be treated as a special case.

Treating everyone the same was the fairest way to do things.

Have they treated everyone the same ? Patrick have been relegated and haven’t played the same number of games as their nearest rivals so they haven’t been treated the same.  

I am not sure there was a fairer way to do things tbh but think if the SPFL recognised the damage to particular clubs (the relegated ones) but also  including sides such as Kelty and Brora who have been refused a promotion opportunity and agreed compensation  then much of the fallout could of been avoided as when it comes down to it, it is all about money.

then again that’s probably doubtful !

Have they treated everyone the same ? Patrick have been relegated and haven’t played the same number of games as their nearest rivals so they haven’t been treated the same.  

I am not sure there was a fairer way to do things tbh but think if the SPFL recognised the damage to particular clubs (the relegated ones) but also  including sides such as Kelty and Brora who have been refused a promotion opportunity and agreed compensation  then much of the fallout could of been avoided as when it comes down to it, it is all about money.

Point 1, that's why they used points per game

Point 2, if Kelty/Brora get compensation, then every club who could finish in the play offs in the 3 tiers above them would need to get compensation too.

That will be why they did it on a points per game basis.

So yes, everyone has been treated the same.

Kelty and Brora were awarded their leagues yet it's somehow unfair that they can't play the playoffs. Why is it fair that they've been awarded their leagues but unfair they can't play the playoffs? Surely those who want the League 2 playoffs played should want the Lowland and Highland Leagues played to a finish as well?