League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently Neil McCann is favourite to take over at Hearts, as Stendel has a release clause due to relegation and has decided to walk away.

Outstanding work by Budge.

Long term that will provide laughs, but over a shortened season? Neil McCann's constant rage may have a uniting effect and be exactly what they need to cultivate a 'Everyone vs Us' team spirit.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Given that it was a secret ballot, how are you deciding which 26 clubs you're boycotting?

Probably all of them just to be on the safe side. Especially Brechin, who used their machiavellian powers to "avoid the same fate" as Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer.

40 minutes ago, Doctor said:

I'd have quite like Hearts if they'd went "Fair enough, we were shite, we're a big team and we'll be back"

In 10/11 months time they'll most likely be celebrating a league title, having had a pretty enjoyable season where their fans went to some grounds they haven't been to for a while (or possibly ever) having banged in a fair few goals.

They'll have a nice title party at a full Tynecastle and will go up with a decent bit of momentum and feel good around their club. 

Hardly the worst fate in the world.

Actually, we'll probably see them bitterly crying at every game, with poorly written banners and shite 'f**k the SPFL' chants, and a furious impotent rage and 'get it up yous' to a bemused league once they win promotion.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Probably all of them just to be on the safe side. Especially Brechin, who used their machiavellian powers to "avoid the same fate" as Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer.

Only if the Tunnocks cup is still going and gets to the start line will they have the chance of boycotting Glebe Park

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Long term that will provide laughs, but over a shortened season? Neil McCann's constant rage may have a uniting effect and be exactly what they need to cultivate a 'Everyone vs Us' team spirit.

Neil McCann and a squad of overpaid egos sounds like a disaster.

He'll fall out with Naismith, who by all accounts pretty much controls the dressing room, within days.

Apparently Neil McCann is favourite to take over at Hearts, as Stendel has a release clause due to relegation and has decided to walk away.
I know Hearts fans are fucking idiots, but that's just cruel [emoji23]

The BBC's Political Correspondent chipping in 🤣🤣🤣

Philip Sim @BBCPhilipSim
Replying to @PeatWorrier

Looking forward to a Scottish court setting the stunning precedent that football teams should look to avoid losing most of their games if they don't want to get relegated

10 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I must admit, I am struggling to see on what basis Hearts are appealing. I am following a thread on Twitter from Andrew Tickell (feed here) which seems to suggest they will attempt to get a judicial review, which seems rather unlikely to succeed to me. But as always with the law, if you ask ten lawyers you'll probably get ten different answers.

But only the wee fat one will add stamp duty to his fee.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Please NO !  don't think I could take much more laughing

You have to hand it to Ann Budge, Douglas Park, Scot Gardiner, Jacqui Low, that Falkirk gobshite and of course all their assorted ITK media hangers on who have made Neil Doncaster look like a four dimensional chess grand master throughout this saga. Other than the missing vote misstep they've been smacked around senseless by the SPFL for fully three months now and only Budge's pathetic legal challenge is still left on the board. You hate to see it happen.

Revealed: SPL chief Neil Doncaster sees salary increase by £28k to ...

Edited by vikingTON

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That one always draws a chuckle .  Especially now. 

Relegation places are not the same as play off places . Why is that so difficult to understand ? 

Foundation of Hearts Chairman now showing his true colours with some inflammatory language.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/06/15/foundation-of-hearts-back-legal-challenge-and-hit-out-at-rival-chairmen/

I suppose when Hearts fans start physically attacking other team directors and journalists some people might be able to join the dots?

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

It has to be said, there are some people in the media - Tom English at the front of the queue - who really need to take a step away from the keyboard.

He is on twitter today all teary eyed about Hearts (as is his choice), but also seriously badmouthing other clubs.

I think that once this is all over, uncle Tom might find certain doors closed to him forever.

His jilted teenage girl act didnt work with the majority of club chairmen, but he continues to double down.

He'll have nowhere to go but back to rugby once Budge ejects him from her support bubble. Shame.

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Foundation of Hearts Chairman now showing his true colours with some inflammatory language.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/06/15/foundation-of-hearts-back-legal-challenge-and-hit-out-at-rival-chairmen/

I suppose when Hearts fans start physically attacking other team directors and journalists some people might be able to join the dots?

ABCDelicious. 

Surely a woman with the vision won't rush in to appointing someone like Neil McCann.

Maybe a period with a caretaker manager would be a prudent course of action with somebody who knows the club inside-out in charge on a temp basis.

Maybe someone like... let me think... Craig Levein.