League Reconstruction 20/21 season

9 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Court it is then!! 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 :D 

If so, I hope she enlists Leslie Deans as part of her court team. The thought of them attempting to argue about the technical minutiae of SPFL rules and email gateway timestamps as it relates to the democratic legitimacy of Dundee's email vote and then having the defence hold up the Daily Record to show that their idea of democracy is a brutal authoritarian overrule by diktat immediately after they lose the vote would be too funny...

No Harm Done Solution..............................🤔

"It is understood that a minimum of two teams would be relegated each season under the proposed format"

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18516680.spfl-reconstruction-vote-everything-need-know/

In the fuckin bin with this utter shite

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

"It is understood that a minimum of two teams would be relegated each season under the proposed format"

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18516680.spfl-reconstruction-vote-everything-need-know/

Was wondering why Accies had changed their mind to "NO" now I know why.

Just now, FuzzyBear said:

Was wondering why Accies had changed their mind to "NO" now I know why.

And Daryl Broadfoot reckoned the lost cash per club was pretty big (once TV deal taken into account).

I really wish they had just gone to a vote today, I cant see the point in drawing it out any longer.

Its fairly obvious this nonsensical proposal will fail, and equally clearly Hearts - as is their choice - will "go down the legal route".

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

And Daryl Broadfoot reckoned the lost cash per club was pretty big (once TV deal taken into account).

I really wish they had just gone to a vote today, I cant see the point in drawing it out any longer.

Its fairly obvious this nonsensical proposal will fail, and equally clearly Hearts - as is their choice - will "go down the legal route".

Think most folk do, but I imagine they will try and extend it to a vote for a bit more pressure, just in case. 

10 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I guess this is why the Championship clubs were reported as having “resolved their differences/objections”. 

13 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Two automatic relegation places from a 14 team division is very reasonable IMO.

Just now, harry94 said:

Of course it is - but turkeys dont vote for christmas just to save one thats already headed to the slaughterhouse.....................

24 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

As has been said before, if it's for the good of the game then bring it back for discussion when the new season starts to try and get agreement for 2021/22 (and hold a general review of the SPFL governance process as well)...

Informed opinion around the country is that not all clubs will come out the other side, if that is to happen, any reconstruction for this season (which is madness anyway) would be pointless, the whole thing would need looked at again next summer.

The only ones badly treated in all of this are Brora & Kelty, they warrant barely a mention. 

13 minutes ago, Green Day said:

The SPFL are just covering their arse by being able to tell a court (ha ha) that they did everything possible even holding yet another EGM.

8 minutes ago, harry94 said:

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Of course it is - but turkeys dont vote for christmas just to save one thats already headed to the slaughterhouse.....................

Are they scrapping the play-offs? If not you've got 3 potential relegation places compared to 2.

That's an increase from 16.6% to 21.4%.

If you're talking about the 2 automatic spaces then it's an increase to 14.2% of teams automatically relegated from 8.3% with the status quo.

Reasonable or not as @Green Day says you're increasing the risk of relegation.

Edited by capt_oats

5 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

Informed opinion around the country is that not all clubs will come out the other side, if that is to happen, any reconstruction for this season (which is madness anyway) would be pointless, the whole thing would need looked at again next summer.

The only ones badly treated in all of this are Brora & Kelty, they warrant barely a mention. 

Not really. Only one of Brora and Kelty ever had a chance of promotion in the first place, and going by the previous pattern of HL/LL promotion, that chance was only about 20% between them. Neither team should really have had any expectation of league football.

Partick Thistle is the obvious hard-done-by team.

Edited by Aim Here

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Are they scrapping the play-offs? If not you've got 3 potential relegation places compared to 2

We dont know, its all conjecture. I hope the clubs know, so they can make an informed choice.

9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It is if that remains the case, but it won't, it's purely there to bring the leagues "back down to size" after Heart of Seethelothian are saved from their dreadful performances.

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

We dont know, its all conjecture. I hope the clubs know, so they can make an informed choice.

Aye.

If it's 2 auto promotion spots + a play-off from a 10 team league then you can understand the Championship sides clambering on board that bandwagon.

4 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Not really. Only one of Brora and Kelty ever had a chance of promotion in the first place, and going by the previous pattern of HL/LL promotion, that chance was only about 20% between them. Neither team should really have had any expectation of league football.

Partick Thistle is the obvious hard-done-by team.

At last, finally someone who has grasped this part.

Repeat! Only one team, either Brora or Kelty, ( my vote for Brora) would have played the bottom team in the Scottish league.

Nothing had ever changed there?

Unless the Hearts, Partick gremlins got in and changed things.