League Reconstruction 20/21 season

9 hours ago, SEETHING said:

Cba reading from where I found this on page 404, but you would seek an interim interdict, preventing the playing of any SPFL fixtures, when lodging your petition for judicial review. It's not inevitable it'd be granted, but to dismiss it as "nonsense" is wrong. 

Page 408. Only an opinion, of course, CBA justifying it.

It is incredibly unlikely that any form of interdict would be granted, based on the "balance of convenience" test. Effectively, the Court would weigh the potential damage to the pursuer (Hearts) against the potential damage to the the defendant (the SPFL and all its member clubs) should an interdict be granted to prevent the league starting. Since the impact and costs of the latter would far outweigh those of the former, an application for such a remedy would be pretty much doomed to failure.

Hearts will clearly say they voted to finish the league, not to have relegation. And they'll argue that was a show of good faith to the other clubs.
Which argument is better, I've got not the faintest idea, which is why I don't support legal action. I think that, even if we're right, the cost of losing makes it not worth it.
They knew when voting to finish the league that the decision regards placings and relegation had already been made.

Why not just vote against?

10 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Hearts should 'take their medicine' while Ross County, embroiled in a relegation battle where they are inches above the play-off spot  having picked up 9 points of the last 33 available to them, can vote their way out of their medicine.

1cvOTfH.png

4 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

I must be one of the few Saints fans who wants to see reconstruction have advocated a 14 team top league even when we were in the championship. The letter Partick Thistle put out is a emotional plea from the heart. For the good of Scottish football reconstruction is a no brainer. 

I've said all along I'm happy with reconstruction, and from the comments of most Saints fans on here I think the majority are quite open to the idea.

The problem I think most of us have, and I don't wish to speak for anyone but myself - however it does seem to be the case in general, is that a temporary reconstruction just to benefit Heart of Seethelothian would be of no benefit to us at all. In the short term, we'd face less money and in the mid term we'd be looking at least 2 if not 3 being relegated from the league to "return to the normal structure". By that time, it's an issue that Heart of Seethelothian will not have a single care about and will actively start on the "we tried it, but that was only under extenuating circumstances and now it's not" approach.

Currently a change to 14 would need a 11v1 vote in favour, purely because it affects finances - certainly that is my take on it, and I'm happy to be corrected if that's not the case. In a 14 team league I'd guess that would go to something like a 11v3 or 12v2 rather than 13v1 vote for change the next time round. If relocation was proposed and it was to be temporary then the only way I (personally) would find it palatable is if the return to the 12 was the same level of voting as it took the change it to 14 in the first place. Every temporary plan that's been forward has only ever been on a "it will return at some time to 12" as if it was mandatory regardless if people thought it was working well.

Edited by Ric

Irrespective of your views on this they really just need to get on with it - it's getting ridiculous now - how many fucking attempts at a failed reconstruction does there need to be?

This has to be it.

As I've said before, I would support reconstruction, but not this back of an envelope pish. Any reconstruction should be for 2021-22.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

My wife has a degree in law, having spent the best part of a decade studying it. She literally scoffed at the suggestion Hearts have any claim as the SPFL laws state any decision that's made democratically stands. Hearts had a window where legal action was possible, and likely couldve reversed their relegation (at least for a while), but have missed it by a mile.

You wont believe this of course, and would rather believe someone who sells houses, but there we are.

I may have came across your wife before.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Irrespective of your views on this they really just need to get on with it - it's getting ridiculous now - how many fucking attempts at a failed reconstruction does there need to be?

This has to be it.

As I've said before, I would support reconstruction, but not this back of an envelope pish. Any reconstruction should be for 2021-22.

It's not even started yet. Just you wait until all the clubs who have voted out of spite against the mighty Hearts start disappearing into oblivion. You don't stamp on a Jam Tart without things getting messy 👊🇬🇧

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've made it clear everything I've said today is based on my wife's legal opinion.

It might be wrong, it might be right.

Either way I'm happy to say I dont believe Hearts have a legal case, and the sooner this is all settled, one way or another, the better for everyone.

Your debate is very one sided, Hearts case will be the fundamental principles plus a possible restriction of trade if the championship doesn't get up and running at the same time as the top flight, the vote to end the season had reconstruction on it as a stipulation that's why we are still on the debating table plus Budgie has already said she is willing to spend half a million in legal costs to chase a 4-6 million compensation package.
It doesn't matter who wins the lawyers will be fulling their pockets with the clubs money. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Poor Stranraer, they must be looking at the way the clubs their fate is tied to in absolute horror.  

The billion quid from the legal case should just be given to them. 

Stranraer had absolutely no leg to stand on after notching two wins all season and so should've accepted their inevitable relegation with grace. Instead they joined Hearts, Partick and Falkirk - an odious combination if there ever was one - in greeting incessantly about the injustice of it all and so have frittered away any goodwill or sympathy.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure we're all completely that stunned that Ross County, one of 42 clubs in the SPFL in direct competition with the others, has done/said something for their own gain.

It really is staggering that a sport that is entirely about gaining an edge over your rivals by any means necessary, sees clubs trying to gain an edge over other clubs.

I've zero idea why, when Scottish football has been rife with clubs encouraging diving/cheating, clubs talking to players/managers under contract to entice them to move/unsettle them, clubs spending well beyond their means and not paying back debts to other clubs, people seem to find it surprising that nobody gives a f**k about helping each other when every club is fighting to survive.

Look around the world, and you wont see a single league of football that's "voted for the greater good", because this is competitive sport, and that doesnt exist.

I never thought that I would say this, but that is a brilliant post. One thing that springs to mind is Josh Meekings stopping Celtic getting to a Cup Final. Did he, or Inverness, say to the referee to give the penalty because it could adversely affect Celtic's income by not getting to the Cup Final, and therefore not having sufficient funds to buy the one player that would have got them further in the Champions League the following season?

18 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've said all along I'm happy with reconstruction, and from the comments of most Saints fans on here I think the majority are quite open to the idea.

The problem I think most of us have, and I don't wish to speak for anyone but myself - however it does seem to be the case in general, is that a temporary reconstruction just to benefit Heart of Seethelothian would be of no benefit to us at all. In the short term, we've face less money and in the mid term we'd be looking to at least 2 if not 3 being relegated from the league to "return to the normal structure". By that time, it's an issue that Heart of Seethelothian will not have a single care about and will actively start on the "we tried it, but that was only under extenuating circumstances and now it's not" approach.

Currently a change to 14 would need a 11v1 vote in favour, purely because it affects finances - certainly that is my take on it, and I'm happy to be corrected if that's not the case. In a 14 team league I'd guess that would go to something like a 11v3 or 12v2 rather than 13v1 vote for change the next time round. If relocation was proposed and it was to be temporary then the only way I (personally) would find it palatable is if the return to the 12 was the same level of voting as it took the change it to 14 in the first place. Every temporary plan that's been forward has only ever been on a "it will return at some time to 12" as if it was mandatory regardless if people thought it was working well.

Wasn't the 11-1 originally set up to permit both arsecheeks to vote together to block any proposals that might favour the other diddies ? If so, I'd expect a 14 team league voting requirement of 13-1 to maintain their stranglehold.

27 minutes ago, Ric said:

The problem I think most of us have, and I don't wish to speak for anyone but myself - however it does seem to be the case in general, is that a temporary reconstruction just to benefit Heart of Seethelothian would be of no benefit to us at all. In the short term, we've face less money and in the mid term we'd be looking to at least 2 if not 3 being relegated from the league to "return to the normal structure". By that time, it's an issue that Heart of Seethelothian will not have a single care about and will actively start on the "we tried it, but that was only under extenuating circumstances and now it's not" approach.

Agree it has to be permanent Ric. 

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Wasn't the 11-1 originally set up to permit both arsecheeks to vote together to block any proposals that might favour the other diddies ? If so, I'd expect a 14 team league voting requirement of 13-1 to maintain their stranglehold.

Do the rules not state 90% rather than 11-1?  So would be 13-1 unless that rule is changed along with it.