League Reconstruction 20/21 season

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'm sure you'll have your own critique of Budge (successful businesswoman, or not) and I'm sure it will be considerably better informed than mine would be purely from being "at the coal face", as it were.

It doesn't really answer the question though. If legal action was in any way a cogent threat, then it would have had the desired effect before now.

Sometimes folk miscalculate or paint themselves into a corner. Otherwise, how do you think anything ever gets to court, Ric?

So without quoting @JTS98s post again.

Am I right in thinking, Hearts fans have went from,

'Lets boycott Championship clubs to sink them as they all need the maroon pound to survive'

To

'Championship clubs will benefit from Hearts not being in the league as they have more chance of winning it'

Utter fuckin melts.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Done by next week.

Lots of talking going on.

Celtic putting a lot of pressure on clubs.

Ross County and St Mirren have shown in the past they will not be pressured into anything they do not agree with. These two would be enough to sink it. :)

The clear way to do a 14 team league is for every team to play each other three times. There’s already an imbalance in the Premiership now so I don’t see how it would be such a huge issue.

Of course you would get whinging from the Old Firm moon howlers about whatever one of them gets the two home games against the other, but I really couldn’t give a f**k.

A split after 26 games is a load of horseshit however. Get it in the sea where it belongs, then focus on when/how we can get football back up and running. Once that’s sorted then we can look at reconstruction long term that will benefit everyone rather than this b*****disation that’s intended to satisfy a few clubs.

Your memories of Pat Fenlon may be misting over already  but having watched a relegation struggle more recently than you I'm pretty sure  I'd have had more fun watching a "meaningless" coast into mid table repectability.

From February to May? Nah.

Hibs weren't in trouble under Fenlon fwiw, it took Butcher to enable that. Iirc we were 7th in the league when Butcher took over.

6 hours ago, JTS98 said:

If the boards of Hibs, or St Mirren, or Ross County, or St Johnstone, or Accies were to vote against this, their supporters would be within their rights to send angry letters asking the board to justify voting against something that is clearly of medium and long-term benefit to their club.

Running a business isn't just about what's happening this year.

I don't think many people understand Ross County's position, or what MacGregor has already come out and pledged to County fans. 

This shit show has run on for months, far too long. The Premiership is scheduled to start in only a couple of weeks. If these plans/schemes/suggestions carry any serious benefits to our game then let's discuss them through so we get it right. 

If this 14-10-10-10 is so good and addresses all our issues, then let's introduce it, after PROPER consultation, the following season. 

Is a 26 game season then having 8 clubs in a relegation play off really a good thing, why not 8 in the top group with 6 playing off for relegation? 

How will relegation work in a bigger league, 1 or 2 automatic places? Will there still be a promotion/relegation play off with the championship and between other divisions? 

How will the 11-1 vote be amended, 13-1 or to a straight majority 8-6? 

What about the redistribution of prize money, at the moment 14 place (2nd in the Championship) gets less than 500k, will that increase, where will that increase come from, the prize money for 1st place maybe?? 

Also what about a parachute payment, will the club relegated in 14 receive anything or will they be expected to just absorb the huge drop off in income that relegation will cause? 

These are topics that require discussion, and it's only prudent that club chairmen find out what are the answers to these, plus probably many more, questions. 

Going back to the case of Ross County and MacGregor, i believe a big factor will be the introduction of Brora to the league as Roy and the club have strong bonds with Brora and the Highland League and to see them denied the opportunity to be promoted will be a factor. But Brora are a very good team in the HL and will no doubt be in contention of winning it again in the next few years. 

I just don't see why everyone should throw our current system away and rewrite the whole league structure, without proper discussion and answers to many questions. The time line we have just doesn't allow this to happen, before the new fixture list is published in two or three weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

From February to May? Nah.

Hibs weren't in trouble under Fenlon fwiw, it took Butcher to enable that. Iirc we were 7th in the league.

I'd been thinking of 2011-12.  I'd forgotten about 2012-13 meaning that my memory is at least as misty as yours

Guest JTS98
12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

'Lets boycott Championship clubs to sink them as they all need the maroon pound to survive'

To

'Championship clubs will benefit from Hearts not being in the league as they have more chance of winning it'

Utter fuckin melts.

There's a difference between pointing out that there are merits in both arguments in a discussion and being 'fucking melts'.

For example, are Dundee more or less likely to be promoted next season if the top 14 is implemented? Are Ayr United more likely to be promoted? I'd argue yes.

If that makes me a 'fucking melt', well, I'll need to live with knowing you feel that way.

Boycott discussion is daft and won't happen. It's Kickback shite.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

There's a difference between pointing out that there are merits in both arguments in a discussion and being 'fucking melts'.

For example, are Dundee more or less likely to be promoted next season if the top 14 is implemented? Are Ayr United more likely to be promoted? I'd argue yes.

If that makes me a 'fucking melt', well, I'll need to live with knowing you feel that way.

Boycott discussion is daft and won't happen. It's Kickback shite.

It's the delusion Hearts fans have in both arguments.

7 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

I don't think many people understand Ross County's position, or what MacGregor has already come out and pledged to County fans. 

This shit show has run on for months, far too long. The Premiership is scheduled to start in only a couple of weeks. If these plans/schemes/suggestions carry any serious benefits to our game then let's discuss them through so we get it right. 

If this 14-10-10-10 is so good and addresses all our issues, then let's introduce it, after PROPER consultation, the following season. 

Is a 26 game season then having 8 clubs in a relegation play off really a good thing, why not 8 in the top group with 6 playing off for relegation? 

How will relegation work in a bigger league, 1 or 2 automatic places? Will there still be a promotion/relegation play off with the championship and between other divisions? 

How will the 11-1 vote be amended, 13-1 or to a straight majority 8-6? 

What about the redistribution of prize money, at the moment 14 place (2nd in the Championship) gets less than 500k, will that increase, where will that increase come from, the prize money for 1st place maybe?? 

Also what about a parachute payment, will the club relegated in 14 receive anything or will they be expected to just absorb the huge drop off in income that relegation will cause? 

These are topics that require discussion, and it's only prudent that club chairmen find out what are the answers to these, plus probably many more, questions. 

Going back to the case of Ross County and MacGregor, i believe a big factor will be the introduction of Brora to the league as Roy and the club have strong bonds with Brora and the Highland League and to see them denied the opportunity to be promoted will be a factor. But Brora are a very good team in the HL and will no doubt be in contention of winning it again in the next few years. 

I just don't see why everyone should throw our current system away and rewrite the whole league structure, without proper discussion and answers to many questions. The time line we have just doesn't allow this to happen, before the new fixture list is published in two or three weeks. 

Give this man a coconut. 

Guest JTS98
7 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

There's definitely some good points in there.

All I've argued is that there are benefits to a 14 (and there are) and that it's not a disastrous idea like some are keen to portray it.

I'm not saying we have to do it, it's the only option etc.

If people take that from reading a defence of an idea, well, I can't help that.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It's the delusion Hearts fans have in both arguments.

I don't think delusion is as widespread as you think.

Kickback is a small world, most Hearts fans don't bother with it. It's a small number of loud voices. I know lots of Hearts fans, most of whom go to games regularly. Home and away people. I know not one person who is planning to boycott anything at all. It's daft.

And I don't think it's delusional to challenge an assertion that a 14-team league is the worst thing ever by pointing out that it carries some quite clear advantages for a decent number of clubs. Like those looking to be promoted or avoid relegation.

If that's delusion or 'fucking melt'-ery, I can live with it.

Just now, JTS98 said:

I don't think delusion is as widespread as you think.

Kickback is a small world, most Hearts fans don't bother with it. It's a small number of loud voices. I know lots of Hearts fans, most of whom go to games regularly. Home and away people. I know not one person who is planning to boycott anything at all. It's daft.

And I don't think it's delusional to challenge an assertion that a 14-team league is the worst thing ever by pointing out that it carries some quite clear advantages for a decent number of clubs. Like those looking to be promoted or avoid relegation.

If that's delusion or 'fucking melt'-ery, I can live with it.

How does a 14 team top league make any difference to the Championship?

We go from a 10 team Championship to a.....

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

How does a 14 team top league make any difference to the Championship?

We go from a 10 team Championship to a.....

Because it means that two of the stronger teams who would be in the Championship will not be there. They'll be in the Premiership.

It's mean fewer of the 'big' Championship teams being there, which will make it easier to get out of. It'll start at 15th best instead of 13th best.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Glad to see you back @Stanislav Petrov.

Did you find that evidence of Nelms's wrongdoing yet?

He acted perfectly Johnny and the Deloitte investigation wasn’t a whitewash. 

Every reasonable fan you speak with says they’d fight as well if in Hearts position yet most here think it’s just self interest. All this tribal stuff makes fans stupid. 

Why do you hate Hearts so much johnny? 

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Because it means that two of the stronger teams who would be in the Championship will not be there. They'll be in the Premiership.

It's mean fewer of the 'big' Championship teams being there, which will make it easier to get out of. It'll start at 15th best instead of 13th best.

A shite Hearts side who would have to start from scratch and an ICT side with no money aye?

31 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

To

Utter fuckin melts.

You've drifted into the fallacy of assuming that people who support the same football team must share the same viewpoint on everything.

Hearts fans are a diverse bunch drawn from all sections of society

Admittedly that includes some from  Scotland's thriving  fucking melt community