League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, no.

Its guaranteed to pass, a handful of Hearts fans have been gloating all of today about it happening.

The problem with purely written communication is I have absolutely no idea whether or not you're being sarcastic. I strongly suspect you are, but then lots of people hinting that it's basically a done deal. 

But there is strong feeling the 14-10-10-10 structure is not the answer – and Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor is among those set to kibosh the move in the next 48 hours.

The Staggies chief believes the bigger top flight would cause more damage to the game than good – as it would create a two tier Premiership.

The proposal seen by Record Sport suggests the league would split after two rounds of fixtures – 26 games – and then the top half and bottom half would play each other home and away again

(Source Record)

That doesn't sound like a reason to be strongly opposed to the change, IMHO. 

1 minute ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

The problem with purely written communication is I have absolutely no idea whether or not you're being sarcastic. I strongly suspect you are, but then lots of people hinting that it's basically a done deal. 

Its a done deal. It'll be done by next week.

Hearts will take all 41 clubs, and Neil Doncaster, to court if it fails, and their case is so strong they'll be able to bankrupt every side they dont like. Then we'll see who can play in the top flight!!

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hearts will take all 41 clubs, and Neil Doncaster, to court if it fails, and their case is so strong they'll be able to bankrupt every side they dont like. Then we'll see who can play in the top flight!!

^^^ this guy knows the score

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

🤣🤣🤣

Okay, now I know you're not being serious.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

There's something quite magnificently Scottish - and I mean this in the most complimentary way - about Championship clubs voting against something that will make their league easier to win, just to get it right round Falkirk, Thistle and Hearts.

Aye.

Ayr and Raith both apparently told their fans they'll vote against it, and County in the top flight.

Means every other club in the top two tiers would need to support it, or it fails.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

There's something quite magnificently Scottish - and I mean this in the most complimentary way - about Championship clubs voting against something that will make their league easier to win, just to get it right round Falkirk, Thistle and Hearts.

It's this type of narrow minded, self harming pettiness that ensures that, despite a difficult few months in the face of a global pandemic, Scottish football remains undefeated.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

Ayr and Raith both apparently told their fans they'll vote against it, and County in the top flight.

Means every other club in the top two tiers would need to support it, or it fails.

If 11 Premiership teams vote for it then it only need 6 teams from the Championship (and a further 15 from the bottom 2 leagues).

Never been prouder to be an Ayr fan than having our own chairman vote against it just because he fucking despises Ann Budge. Getting it round McCall is a bonus for him.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

As I pointed out several pages ago - though it was lost in a sea of premature smugness - there's no way County and Hibs are voting to promote their rivals. 

And I still hope St Mirren will do the right thing.

It may well not go ahead. The Record are guessing though, no quotes at all.  Doncaster has said there's enough indication of support to have a further look, if it was as obviously as unpalatable as the Record are suggesting then it wouldn't be worth the extra round of talks/votes.

Also, the article can't even get the amount of games the bottom 8 would play correct. Quality journalism.

Edited by Tony Wonder

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

As I pointed out several pages ago - though it was lost in a sea of premature smugness - there's no way County and Hibs are voting to promote their rivals. 

And I still hope St Mirren will do the right thing.

Which is to vote in favour of it! How can it possibly right to relegate three clubs when the season finished prematurely. The competition was never completed, ergo no team should be relegated. I hope St. Mirren do the honourable thing, and remember that we escaped relegation after having been in the same position as Hearts found themselves when the pandemic struck. If there isn't reconstruction, then I hope Hearts take legal action and win.

Which is to vote in favour of it! How can it possibly right to relegate three clubs when the season finished prematurely. The competition was never completed, ergo no team should be relegated. I hope St. Mirren do the honourable thing, and remember that we escaped relegation after having been in the same position as Hearts found themselves when the pandemic struck. If there isn't reconstruction, then I hope Hearts take legal action and win.

Shite luck for the teams involved but the way Budge has carried on throughout this saga has only made me want her relegated even more.

36 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

29 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It's this type of narrow minded, self harming pettiness that ensures that, despite a difficult few months in the face of a global pandemic, Scottish football remains undefeated.

Is it really a Scottish thing though?

Do clubs in other countries all vote for such things in an altruistic manner?

There's clubs in other countries who are already taking legal action and others who are saying they will. Seems to me if they had a vote they would have voted in self interest too. It's not a Scottish only thing.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Is it really a Scottish thing though?

Do clubs in other countries all vote for such things in an altruistic manner?

There's clubs in other countries who are already taking legal action and others who are saying they will. Seems to me if they had a vote they would have voted in self interest too. It's not a Scottish only thing.

My point was more that they're voting in a way that harms their own chances of promotion next season. That's magnificent.