League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

A permanent 14 team top flight requiring 11 of the 12 Premiership teams to agree to it and accept reducing prize money?

….not going to happen

Making it "permanent" presents a trade off between risk and return

14 teams means less money when you stay up but more chance of actually staying up.

If I was running St Mirren I'd be interested

7 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

A permanent 14 team top flight requiring 11 of the 12 Premiership teams to agree to it and accept reducing prize money?

….not going to happen

Not sure if the Record have misplaced the decimal point here.

Those changes would see the top flight champions receive 0.38 per cent less in fee payments with the 12th-placed club taking a hit of 0.13 per cent.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-reconstruction-lifeline-neil-doncaster-22172720

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

14 teams means less money when you stay up but more chance of actually staying up.

Why not just up the prize money? Just ask Anderson for a few extra pounds.

8 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Fuckin embarrassing levels of begging from hearts now. Please don’t relegate us - we’ll give you this and we’ll give you that and we won’t do the other. Just get fuckin doon

Presumably they’d be happy with 14-10-10-10 with the teams that finished bottom automatically relegated, and one more team promoted in their place, anyway?

It’s not a terrible plan overall if you can adjust the split.  But this reconstruction idea and I say this without any anti hearts bias would be better suited for the season after the next.  That way teams don’t have to worry about budgeting for a relegation battle.  With the length of next season being up in the air anyway, it’s not certain what amount of games will be played.

Plus it would give hearts double the chance to gain promotion, which would be a right laugh if they fucked that up.

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

From a Pars perspective I can also see the benefits (even next season with Falkirk and Raith along with us in the Championship) but I think the drop in Prize monies for the Aberdeen and Celtic may scupper it.

Permanent is a far better proposal all round though...

3 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

From a Pars perspective I can also see the benefits (even next season with Falkirk and Raith along with us in the Championship) but I think the drop in Prize monies for the Aberdeen and Celtic may scupper it.

The drop in prize money is tiny, I don't think it'll be the deciding factor.

5 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Celtic's turnover is sufficient that they've probably lost the equivalent to the difference in Prize monies down the back of their couch.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

If Hearts do succeed in begging their way back into the Premiership, what terminology would their fans prefer ?

Unrelegated or unexpelled ?

An asterisk with the footnote 'Saved by Reconstruction' 

> Vote goes against reconstruction.
> SPFL make an executive decision and force it through.
> Clubs who voted against it, go to court.
> Court agrees the reconstruction unlawful.
> Heart of Seethelothian remain relegated.
> Everyone laughs.

40 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We always wanted a "permanent" 14 team top flight - it's all a matter of guarantees.

I still think Hearts could've had a 14 team top flight back in April if successful businesswoman Anne Budge hadn't been so convinced of her ability to bounce us into a 1 season deal and it's only cost her/Hearts their "anonymous philanthropist backer's" £3M. :bairn

If it happens I'm sure it'll be spun into a Budge/Hertz victory...:rolleyes:

Edited by btb

15 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Absolutely beautiful to see the Hibs and St Mirren fans completely raging already.

Raging? :lol:

I'm loving it! the whole thing has been absolutely excellent entertainment. From your gallus proclamations before the last game, through all the utter nonsense to the bribery and pleading stage we are at now.

Make no bones, Heart of Seethelothian hasn't had a single moment throughout all this where they haven't shat the bed. I honestly never thought anything could match to the loller-coster ride that was Rangers' demise but this has ran it a close second. Excellent stuff.