League Reconstruction 20/21 season

11 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

What's your email address Johnny? We'll ask Ann to send you over the Hearts QC opinion.

I would rather just have @Stanislav Petrovs opinion on it, seeing he is clearly ITK and told me it could be legally argued.

You seem to be more worried about Dundee's accounts than Hearts QC opinion.

1 minute ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

The SPFL can call the league after 5 games but it doesn’t mean that decision wouldn’t be beyond reproach from a legal case. Have you not seen the court decisions in France and Belgium? 

I take it they use the same rule book and legal system we do?

At least you now admit you can be relegated at 30 games.

Edited by johnnydun

11 minutes ago, ropy said:

Presumably that was 17% of the top league’s money versus 13.4% of the entire SPFL take?

The SFL's prize money income was a great deal less that the SPL's - you were talking about under £2m a year in total being paid out in prize money compared to about £16m for the SPL.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Johnny was having a laugh at the maroon pound nonsense. Had a quick look at Dundee's last reported accounts and though sheesh, they certainly are in need of somebody's pound. 

If the ground is in the hands of somebody local with the club's interests at heart, then that's good.

Tim Keyes is probably one of the richest (If not the richest) club owners in Scotland tbh. As long as he continues to underwrite our losses - which for the past 6 year he's done so without even a muttering of complaint - we're golden. Whilst we might not have anyone's pounds, we certainly have the Keyes family dollars.

3 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

It’s all about legal precedent. 

As I stated the other day it’s my understanding Hearts won’t have to go down this route. 

So you anticipate that this will get voted through? Aberdeen are a no already judging by their previous comments. 

5 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

It’s all about legal precedent. 

As I stated the other day it’s my understanding Hearts won’t have to go down this route. 

Correct.

The decision will be taken out of the clubs hands.

Just now, LincolnHearts said:

Correct.

The SPFL board has already passed the decision to the clubs to make the decision.........................

Just now, LincolnHearts said:

Correct.

That's not possible, because the board don't have those powers. Something will have to be voted through, or Hearts will have to decide whether to sue.

Just now, Green Day said:

The SPFL board has already passed the decision to the clubs to make the decision.........................

More than that, they've put it out in a neutral way. i.e. they're not encouraging clubs to vote for or against this, in the way that they did with the two previous votes (curtailment and investigation).

I've always been of the opinion that any reconstruction should be the right move and have benefits for the whole of Scottish football. If this saves Hearts then so be it, as funny as their situation is and the pathetic mewling they've been doing, I genuinely don't really give a f**k what division they will be in next year.

What I am hugely opposed to, is some bag of a fag packet, poorly thought out re-arrangement, just so one club doesn't have to spend what will probably be one season in the 2nd tier.

Proposals slung together by individual clubs, (Hearts, Rangers and their colts pish) that are so utterly transparent in their purpose, with little to no engagement with other stakeholders and most importantly, the fans.

We're limited as a nation of our size and the current set up isn't perfect, but it 'works'. A 14 team league imo sounds shite.

- a split after 26 games = shite

- a lop sided 6/8 split = shite

- a 7/7 split = shite

- 1 automatic relegation place in a 14 team league = shite

- literally no thought given to the lower divisions = shite

3 minutes ago, Zing. said:

So you anticipate that this will get voted through? Aberdeen are a no already judging by their previous comments. 

I believe reconstruction will be voted through for this coming season. I also fully understand any hibs supporter viewpoint on this. Would you put up with this if it was hibs? 

The SPFL can call the league after 5 games but it doesn’t mean that decision wouldn’t be beyond reproach from a legal case. Have you not seen the court decisions in France and Belgium? 

Both of which are based on the fact the league itself made the decision to end the season, without putting it to the members to vote...which didn’t happen here. We had a vote to end the season based on points per game and it was carried. Ergo, your point is irrelevant...

Further to that, when the rules of membership of an organisation allow executive powers to make decisions based on a vote, and your club sign up to abide by those rules you really don’t have much of a leg to stand on in a court of law. (See SPFL rule 84)

I believe reconstruction will be voted through for this coming season. I also fully understand any hibs supporter viewpoint on this. Would you put up with this if it was hibs? 

They've got fans enquiring about season ticket refunds already. 

7 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

Both of which are based on the fact the league itself made the decision to end the season, without putting it to the members to vote...which didn’t happen here. We had a vote to end the season based on points per game and it was carried. Ergo, your point is irrelevant...

Further to that, when the rules of membership of an organisation allow executive powers to make decisions based on a vote, and your club sign up to abide by those rules you really don’t have much of a leg to stand on in a court of law. (See SPFL rule 84)

Executive powers. You remember that come next week Jimmy and how fair it is. 

11 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

Of course not. Let’s not pretend you’d be shouting from the rooftops for reconstruction if the roles were reversed and Hibs were relegated. 

Just now, Stanislav Petrov said:

Executive powers. You remember that come next week Jimmy and how fair it is. 

Ah, so you’re one that believes the board will put through reconstruction no matter what the clubs want.