League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Some decent points being made by many on this thread but as usual the odd troll to f**k it up -  but none of it really matters.

There is an "indicative" finger in the wind needed by next Monday.

I hope that does actually lead to an EGM and a vote, because - regardless of outcome - that would put an end to this awful thread once and for all.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also, Steve Brown has somehow come out as an even bigger fanny than Budge.

He wants a 5 team league set up, with every top flight side getting a Colt/B team parachuted into League 3, with "one or two" HL/LL sides put into the division.

An absolute fanny of a man.

I actually thought that Steve Brown had done ok through this, remaining quiet for the most part. Then we have this.  His rimming of Rangers is ridiculous.  If they want an Under 12 team entered I bet suggests 7 leagues.  

i like the current set up but if things are to change they I think we should go for reconstruction, 16 teams for example and no split, rather than adding a couple of teams here and there but Brown’s idea is nuts. 

It if has to be 14 teams than I think 8/6 would be better than 6/8. 

Firstly, you reward teams for doing better.

Secondly, the top half would likely have five European places to play for, while the bottom half would be trying to avoid only two relegation/playoff places. 

So in terms of avoiding dead rubbers, 8/6 is better. 

I still don't like either. If it has to be done I hope they'd consider maybe changing to two automatic relegation places and one playoff, that would keep the league more exciting for a greater number of teams for longer. I don't follow the top flight too closely, for obvious reasons, but when I do I am usually far more interested in who goes down than I am in how many points Celtic are going to win the league by.

15 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

8062A96B-D1F0-4664-9FDC-319A2F926EFA.jpeg

Bitter much? Just accept that no matter how much blustering and p*sh you come out with that Hearts were the worst team in the league this season and Budge is to blame...she and Levein screwed your club over even worse than Albert Kidd!

#notalwaysstmirrensfault

AA91FDD0-ECC0-49FE-908E-B32FB96DEAA9.jpeg

A538705A-EE52-4F2A-AF76-97F22292EE7E.jpeg

F5C5A431-CB14-4C0C-949E-34279D0F271F.jpeg

Edited by JimmyMirren

21 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

What's your thinking behind this?

As far as I see it, 14 gives 38 games for the lower section, 36 for the top section, and an even split of fixtures home and away.

16 gives us a problem in any sense. 1) 30 games being too few. 2) 44 being too many. 3) 37 being unfair in that post-split fixtures would always disadvantage some clubs by making them play teams they are directly competing with away from home more than at home. That wouldn't last past the first season.

I don’t see how you get 38 games but for 16 it would have to be option 3) not ideal but workable, the imbalance of the final 7 games would need to be evened out on a rolling year by year basis, not great but doesn’t split the league halfway through

Because of the length of time that this has gone on, and the fact that Hearts are still clutching at any straw they can find, the child in me would love it if all the teams that would vote against reconstruction could get together before Monday and indicate that they would vote for it. And then totally deflate everyone connected to Hearts by actually voting against it when the proper vote happens. I can but dream. 

18 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

Bitter much? Just accept that no matter how much blustering and p*sh you come out with that Hearts were the worst team in the league this season and Budge is to blame...she and Levein screwed your club over even worse than Albert Kidd!

#notalwaysstmirrensfault

AA91FDD0-ECC0-49FE-908E-B32FB96DEAA9.jpeg

A538705A-EE52-4F2A-AF76-97F22292EE7E.jpeg

F5C5A431-CB14-4C0C-949E-34279D0F271F.jpeg

Wow. You don’t get irony do you...

Yes Hearts have been absolutely awful. But only after 30 games. 

50 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

You can’t relegate after 30 games. The team that has been bottom after said amount of games has avoided relegation twice in the last three years. When hibs got relegated in 2014 they were 7th after 30 games. 

It's fair to say, Stanislav, that unlike your good self, when Doncaster was faced with a a sudden huge threat he panicked and pressed the nuclear button, rather than think it through with a cool, calm head.

57 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

You can’t relegate after 30 games. The team that has been bottom after said amount of games has avoided relegation twice in the last three years. When hibs got relegated in 2014 they were 7th after 30 games. 

Yes you can, it's in the rules.

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I think I have found @Stanislav Petrov  🤣

65298628_Screenshot2020-06-11at09_42_27.png.05a209f177a81a89630fb283361e965e.png

651926113_Screenshot2020-06-11at09_42_41.png.d5b26eee7e5d3a29d50cb1c154071afc.png

That guy ("BladeHearts") is obsessed with Hibs. He seems to think they are "blocking change", based on bugger all evidence other than his own prejudices. The only Premiership club to have openly expressed opposition to what is being proposed now is Aberdeen.

He also doesn't seem to understand how this works. If the 14-10-10-10 fails because two clubs in the Premiership vote against it, the board can't just unilaterally do something else (14-10-10-8). They would have to bring in a fresh proposal for that instead, and there would be a separate vote on that.

Edited by JamesM82

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Because of the length of time that this has gone on, and the fact that Hearts are still clutching at any straw they can find, the child in me would love it if all the teams that would vote against reconstruction could get together before Monday and indicate that they would vote for it. And then totally deflate everyone connected to Hearts by actually voting against it when the proper vote happens. I can but dream. 

Heeeyyyy. Joey!  First Wiggy. Then Cormack. Now you. Is there a correlation between being a loon and sleekit behaviour?

1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

One things for sure the winners of Premiership cut won’t be changed, same as lat time when they changed the prize money 

The winners of the SPL used to get 17% and the Premiership winners now get 13.4%.

31 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It is s a top flight of 17 or nothing, for me.

Erm, Dunfermline finished 6th so you still wouldn't be in that.

8 hours ago, JimmyMirren said:

Personally I think the idea of having the split after 26 games is the kicker here and is ultimately what will kill this idea off.

If you have the split so early you’ve potentially got a situation where a clubs form could improve drastically in the second half of the season, with players gelling more or a manager finding tactics which suit and could go on a run of games, amass points which could have potentially moved them up the table and yet still be stuck at a plateau of 7th. In addition to that, you’re going to end up with teams in the bottom half having a longer season than those in the top...which seems inherently stupid.

At the end of the day, Scottish football has spent enough time talking about reconstruction and I’m still yet to see any proposal which isn’t going to either cause the problems above, result in changes to the allocation of money on positions, or serve any purpose other than to save Hearts from the relegation they ultimately deserve.

I’ll admit these aren’t normal circumstances but they had 30 games to prove they weren’t sh*te and failed dismally, winning only four matches. If their fans spent as much time chasing change from within and complaining about the responsible parties in this matter (ie Budge, Levein, and Stendel, along with their underperforming and overpaid players), and less time moaning that the rules are unfair, or that the league is rigged, or that OF Colts are a great idea, or moaning about court cases, or whining on Kickback like b*tches with skint knees then I imagine the rest of Scottish football would be more sympathetic to their situation.

Hopefully, the other clubs when voting look at this for what it is, a pathetic attempt at gerrymandering on behalf of one club. If this were St Mirren, or Ross County or Hamilton this would never have gone this far...and for better or worse the spectre of reconstruction for the foreseeable future can GTF (as can that useless w*nkstain Doncaster)!

Exactly. We're told Hearts were maybe about to hit a run of form like nothing they've looked like achieving all season with only 8 games left.