League Reconstruction 20/21 season

8 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Away and dry your tears. If you want promotion, try winning your league. 

Again, how exactly are ict not getting an even break? 

I rather think that I've answered your question.

Moreover, thanks for giving me the opportunity to demonstrate to all and sundry, the abject hypocrisy of a god fearing man that preaches that he has highland football at heart.

Guest DAVIDB69
Only an idiot can be 100% of how court cases might go. But the time/disruption risks now weigh more heavily on the SPFL than Hearts/Partick/Kelty - whoever is up for it. And btw don't forget the possibility of appeals

Why is why the SPFL will encourage clubs to vote it through

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Only an idiot can be 100% of how court cases might go. But the time/disruption risks now weigh more heavily on the SPFL than Hearts/Partick/Kelty - whoever is up for it. And btw don't forget the possibility of appeals

Ok, I’ll give you a 99% case. IF Hearts chances of remaining in the Premiership fall through, and IF Hearts can rustle up the cash to get their case into some court or other, 99% chance that the court will not even contemplate any disruption to the SPFL set up. The very best that Hearts can hope for IF the case is found in their favour will be some sort of compensation payment.

Guest SJP79
6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Given their geography, I’m not convinced that Brora actually want into League 2. They’re probably crapping themselves in case reconstruction goes through.

They do though and they have stated that officially. 

Sun quoting a "SPFL source" as saying that temporary change is dead (too much opposition). It's 14-10-10-10 permanent (with Kelty and Brora, not the colts) or nothing.

Reasonably happy with that.

“This is the last chance for league reconstruction. If clubs want change then it’s this or nothing. A document will be distributed to clubs outlining the situation.

A temporary fix is a non-starter, that’s clear from the consultations. But there could yet be enough support for a permanent 14-10-10-10. Whether there’s enough backing to get it over the line, we don’t yet know.

But if the answer is no, then that’s fine. If the answer is yes, a short-notice EGM would see if it’s something that can be voted through.”

10 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

That’s just your opinion and the same old threat everyone uses when they try and use the legal card.  The reality is that Hearts don’t have so strong a case as to have anyone quaking in their boots.  

39 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I'm sure McDonalds will find a replacement easily enough 

34 minutes ago, Zing. said:

You’ve already been relegated, m9. 

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The randy men of Edinburgh will have to  take their money elsewhere to meet their carnal desires .

^^^ absolutely raging already jjay

40 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Pleased to confirm that I will give up my professional career to 100% dedicate myself to trolling St Mirren and Hibs fans if Hearts are not relegated. 

I thought all the council toilet cleaners were on furlough m9?

18 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Kelty Hearts and Brora stand to do pretty well out of this with any proposal seeming to want to parachute them into the league as a means to avoid relegation of Stranraer, Partick and particularly Hearts. In normal circumstances one of them might have made it up but they'd have had a play-off between each other and then another against the bottom League Two team. They must be rubbing their hands, particularly Kelty who were no certainty to win the Lowland League.

While Kelty have never made a secret of their ambitions remember questions have previously been raised about how much Brora want to be there.   

28 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Kelty Hearts and Brora stand to do pretty well out of this with any proposal seeming to want to parachute them into the league as a means to avoid relegation of Stranraer, Partick and particularly Hearts. In normal circumstances one of them might have made it up but they'd have had a play-off between each other and then another against the bottom League Two team. They must be rubbing their hands, particularly Kelty who were no certainty to win the Lowland League.

Kelty hadn't lost since August in the league while Bonnyrigg had picked up 1pt from last 2 games. The ppg on this occasion was clear.

Edited by cmontheloknow

In my opinion they are now so desperate to see Hearts stay up even if this is rejected they will just keep going until something is accepted? Having said that I’m think the latest proposal will actually be accepted. It’s been a complete mess in truth but maybe we can finally get it sorted.

1 hour ago, Morton Supporter said:

Yes, as far as I understand it, because the distribution model would (necessarily) change with the admission of an extra two clubs.

So this proposal, which I’ve seen called “harmless” is anything but - clubs are being asked to sacrifice income to allow Hearts a reprieve and to subsidise Brora and Kelty coming into the league when neither was guaranteed anything.

While the vacancies in the Premiership, Championship and League 1 would go to clubs who’ve earned even less, at the expense of others who’d otherwise be entitled to compete with them for promotion.

This is a nonsense, as are all of these pre-season rejig proposals. Changes just shouldn’t be happening without at least a years notice, and arguably not next year either given the uncertainty over the format of next season and the constraints that clubs will be working under.

If prize money, TV money, sponsorship money etc has to be split 44 ways instead of 42, how much would each club stand to lose on average? Would it perchance be circa £50k?

54 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm struggling to understand the purpose of this as well.

Is this so that once indicative votes are received, the main protagonists can get to work on the no voters in time for the actual vote?

What is the point of this?  If there's a lack of support then will they just say, right nor enough clubs are for it so let's not bother having a vote.  Even though we just had a vote.  I suppose it keeps the pantomime going longer.

If it wasn't so risky, I'd be in favour of enough clubs secretly agreeing to say yes in the indicative vote, to get hearts' hopes up, then all vote no in the actual ballot. Just for the lols.

Then the big clubs get on with the serious business of Premiership football whilst Hearts are left in either of the places we've come to expect over the last few years... in the championship or deep in administration.

Incentives and/or threats will be made based on indicative votes probably.

Most likely there will be plans B-Z ready to be tabled instead.

At the very least it will allow Hearts fans to draw up a boycott list.

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Given their geography, I’m not convinced that Brora actually want into League 2. They’re probably crapping themselves in case reconstruction goes through.

Brora though are under absolutely no obligation to actually accept a place in the SPFL if they didn't want it. They can't be forced to leave the Highland League.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

Kelty hadn't lost since August in the league while Bonnrigg had picked up 1pt from last 2 games. The ppg on this occasion was clear.

Bonnyrigg haven't really kicked up a fuss either and been quite supportive of Kelty going up. Possibly because of the way the spfl handled the whole Brechin situation, it seems to have fairly galvanised support.

8 minutes ago, Yorky said:

In my opinion they are now so desperate to see Hearts stay up even if this is rejected they will just keep going until something is accepted? Having said that I’m think the latest proposal will actually be accepted. It’s been a complete mess in truth but maybe we can finally get it sorted.

No, I'm pretty sure this is it. With the Premiership due to start on August 1 they really can't allow it drift past the end of next week. Any later than that and it would clearly be unfair on the clubs, particularly ICT/Hearts not knowing which division they will be in after most of the other teams have started pre-season.

There is a decent(ish) chance this could be accepted because it's the least bad solution. It means the other teams have to give up a bit of money (13th and 14th will be paid more) and they lose a guaranteed third home game v Rangers / Celtic, but they also have less chance of being relegated (I assume) than sticking with 12. And they've seen off all the really shit options like temporary change or Colt teams. 

Edited by JamesM82

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-reconstruction-plan-set-die-22172422

Interesting lines toward the end or the article..................

"Anderson is adamant that his cash will be made available regardless of the outcome of the reconstruction debate, with more money to follow.
But Hearts will hope his intervention may have helped to whip up support ahead of next Monday’s deadline"

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If prize money, TV money, sponsorship money etc has to be split 44 ways instead of 42, how much would each club stand to lose on average? Would it perchance be circa £50k?

Incentives and/or threats will be made based on indicative votes probably.

Most likely there will be plans B-Z ready to be tabled instead.

At the very least it will allow Hearts fans to draw up a boycott list.

Brora though are under absolutely no obligation to actually accept a place in the SPFL if they didn't want it. They can't be forced to leave the Highland League.

Its not clear if Brora are under an obligation to join. As an Sfa licence holder (which you have to be in order to be in the LL or HL), that includes a commitment to participate in the league pyramid and so if did refuse they could in theory loose their Sfa licence. Although could argue I guess that as this would be an invitation to join the spfl rather than enter via the pyramid playoff they could say no on this occasion.

Edited by morley