League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

But the perceived threat that you wrote isn’t a threat because it won’t happen.

I'm always amazed at people who declare 100% certainty about things they could never be 100% certain of.  But I'm never sure if the confidence is borne out of hundreds and hundreds of hours of forensic study of the subject. Or if it's just the bravado of ignorance.

31 minutes ago, Green Day said:

cannae believe we are having an "indicative vote" before the actual vote.

Does that mean if enough clubs say - f**k off - its done on Monday?

I'm struggling to understand the purpose of this as well.

Is this so that once indicative votes are received, the main protagonists can get to work on the no voters in time for the actual vote?

What is the point of this?  If there's a lack of support then will they just say, right nor enough clubs are for it so let's not bother having a vote.  Even though we just had a vote.  I suppose it keeps the pantomime going longer.

If it wasn't so risky, I'd be in favour of enough clubs secretly agreeing to say yes in the indicative vote, to get hearts' hopes up, then all vote no in the actual ballot. Just for the lols.

Then the big clubs get on with the serious business of Premiership football whilst Hearts are left in either of the places we've come to expect over the last few years... in the championship or deep in administration.

Just now, SEETHING said:

Pleased to confirm that I will give up my professional career to 100% dedicate myself to trolling St Mirren and Hibs fans if Hearts are not relegated. 

I'm sure McDonalds will find a replacement easily enough 

5 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Pleased to confirm that I will give up my professional career to 100% dedicate myself to trolling St Mirren and Hibs fans if Hearts are not relegated. 

You’ve already been relegated, m9. 

4 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

The randy men of Edinburgh will have to  take their money elsewhere to meet their carnal desires .

1 minute ago, frankthetank22 said:

Imo it's too late in the day to make changes. 

BTW care to explain how ict not had an even break out of this? 

Anyone who had the best intentions for highland football, let's say for the sake of argument and taking someone at random, let's see... a prominent chairman of a Dingwall based club, would surely move heaven and earth to make the best for the area, just as he has wished for in the past.

18 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Aberdeen will probably change their mind to "yes" the next time Cormack is asked by the BBC for an interview..............😁

I know that's the joke, but Cormack can hardly vote for it given his previous comments. He even rejected 5-year temporary because it was too much like a permanent switch.

Oddly enough, it could get through the Premiership even without him. I think the biggest problem might be in the Championship.

Edited by JamesM82

17 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I'm always amazed at people who declare 100% certainty about things they could never be 100% certain of.  But I'm never sure if the confidence is borne out of hundreds and hundreds of hours of forensic study of the subject. Or if it's just the bravado of ignorance.

A bit like Hearts will 100% win the case if it goes to court ?

29 minutes ago, sophia said:

^^^^

Would rather plough in this year's crop than see Caley get an even break

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

Anyone who had the best intentions for highland football, let's say for the sake of argument and taking someone at random, let's see... a prominent chairman of a Dingwall based club, would surely move heaven and earth to make the best for the area, just as he has wished for in the past.

Away and dry your tears. If you want promotion, try winning your league. 

Again, how exactly are ict not getting an even break? 

I know that's the joke, but Cormack can hardly vote for it given his previous comments. He even rejected 5-year temporary because it was too much like a permanent switch.
Oddly enough, it could get through the Premiership even without him. I think the biggest problem might be in the Championship.

He's a slimy oddball, so I doubt we can take him at his word on anything at all.

24 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Hundreds and hundreds of hours of forensic study for me. But that could just be my bravado talking. 

Kelty Hearts and Brora stand to do pretty well out of this with any proposal seeming to want to parachute them into the league as a means to avoid relegation of Stranraer, Partick and particularly Hearts. In normal circumstances one of them might have made it up but they'd have had a play-off between each other and then another against the bottom League Two team. They must be rubbing their hands, particularly Kelty who were no certainty to win the Lowland League.

4 minutes ago, Yorky said:

A bit like Hearts will 100% win the case if it goes to court ?

Only an idiot can be 100% of how court cases might go. But the time/disruption risks now weigh more heavily on the SPFL than Hearts/Partick/Kelty - whoever is up for it. And btw don't forget the possibility of appeals

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Kelty Hearts and Brora stand to do pretty well out of this with any proposal seeming to want to parachute them into the league as a means to avoid relegation of Stranraer, Partick and particularly Hearts. In normal circumstances one of them might have made it up but they'd have had a play-off between each other and then another against the bottom League Two team. They must be rubbing their hands, particularly Kelty who were no certainty to win the Lowland League.

Given their geography, I’m not convinced that Brora actually want into League 2. They’re probably crapping themselves in case reconstruction goes through.