League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

This came out of the SPFL board meeting today, of which Doncaster was one.

If you read the tweet, there are two aspects on the table - asking the Championship[ to commit to a certain number of matches AND the suggestion of 14 10 10 10.

Okay fair point.  This has gone on that long I’m desperate to blame someone.  Although I do believe he is still wants the reconstruction. 

Edited by Bose

15 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I would be happy with this but it needs to be permanent or a path to a fair decision on it being permanent. For example guaranteed for three seasons and at the end of season two, a vote from all member clubs with only a majority needed to retain, none of this 90% majority in the top flight pish. 

1 minute ago, The Phoenix said:

Indicative vote to be submitted by Monday latest.

A few days after the Anderson money hit the Trust bank account for applications. Who saw that coming.

Hi, is that The Phoenix, it's Ann here, just calling to make sure you got your share of that money I got you, your entitled, make sure you get it. You'll be looking forward to the new season, how are the kids?

Before I go, have you voted yet?

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

14-10-10-10 was something I'd have been reasonably happy with at the start. The status quo was my preference but I wouldn't have minded this instead because it's probably the best way to handle the extraordinary circumstances.

However, in light of Budge's behaviour of late and the general screeching of some (but not all) Hearts fans online I'm tempted to say f**k them.

It’s definitely the best of a bad lot, by far. Still shite though. It has to be 12, 10, 10, 10, because that’s what it would have been without the crisis. I keep saying it, reconstruction simply to save Hearts is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Another sort of vote type thing. Wonder what will be next if this doesn’t get the required support.

What other proposal can you come up with that saves Hearts? We'll shoe-horn it into the next conference.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Another sort of vote type thing. Wonder what will be next if this doesn’t get the required support.

Actually, are Aberdeen and the OF not definitely against a permanent change already? 

Aberdeen are definitely against a permanent change. Only needs one other club in the Premiership to be against it, and it dies. Until the next vote. 

All 42 clubs have been asked to inform the SPFL by 10.00 on Monday if they would support the change, which is expected to be permanent.

If there is enough consensus then a formal vote would have to take place at an extraordinary general meeting.

At that stage, 17of the 22 clubs in the Premiership and Championship would need to vote in favour for the plans to pass, and 32 from all four divisions combined

Edited by Green Day

Just now, kingjoey said:

Aberdeen are definitely against a permanent change. Only needs one other club in the Premiership to be against it, and it dies. Until the next vote. 

According to the BBC article it’s 9-3 required in the Premiership, which I think they’ve got spectacularly wrong. 

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

cannae believe we are having an "indicative vote" before the actual vote.

Does that mean if enough clubs say - f**k off - its done on Monday?

Will it ever be done? I think that one of the clubs at the bottom end of the Premiership should bite the bullet and offer to swap their place in the Premiership with Hearts and end this farce once and for all. Any takers?

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

MacGregor at County is against any changes for the coming season, it's far too late in the day to change things. 

Let's get the fixtures out and allow the Premiership clubs to begin preparing for start up in August. 

14-10-10-10 is a lot more palatable, only if permanent. 

Hearts' reputation though in Scottish football is forever fucked, wherever they end up. The footballing equivalent of one big long temper tantrum until they get what they want. 

'Waaaahhhh, waaaaahhhh!!! Keep us up, boo hoo hoo!!' :lol: