League Reconstruction 20/21 season

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if the reconstruction proposals got through some how. As fans we don’t see the club financials and the impact this crisis is going to have on the Scottish game. Guess it all depends whether Doncaster needs this to happen to keep Scottish football alive. This happened the last time when Dundee’s vote got moved to a spam folder 

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

A bit tense today? 

Why? Throughout all this Heart of Seethelothian have shat the bed consistently and looked like utter children. League reconstruction won't change a single thing about that.

2 hours ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

Morning Ric. I have stated since day one that Hearts will be playing in the top league in the coming season. Sadly my timescale of this happening has been wrong but there’s been so much going on. Anyway we’re there now. 

That's an awful broad brush you have there, as you claimed first it would be Lawwell's money that would bribe the clubs, then it would be successful businesswoman Ann Budge's plan would pass, now you're hanging your hat on the insulting Rangers proposal to save the day. It seems to me you're just casting as wide as you can in hope of seeming sage-like. I await your "I've always told you that legal action was a forgone conclusion" post.

Edited by Ric

There was a time I had I lot of time of Hearts fans. NOW ! well their sense of entitlement really does take the biscuit, they have been gash for years, behaving like their bigger brothers from Ipox. Calling for boycotts, hoping other clubs go out of business and general slagging of other club who they think their better than sticks in my throat. I hear now they are hoping to start the Ulster Hearts again says it all. Really hope they go down, if not well, will enjoy taking lots more points off them  AGAIN !!!

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Why? Throughout all this Heart of Seethelothian have shat the bed consistently and looked like utter children. League reconstruction won't change a single thing about that.

That's an awful broad brush you have there, as you claimed first it would be Lawwell's money that would bribe the clubs, then it would be successful businesswoman Ann Budge's plan would pass, now you're hanging your hat on the insulting Rangers proposal to save the day. It seems to me you're just casting as wide as you can in hope of seeming sage-like. I await your "I've always told you that legal action was a forgone conclusion" post.

There is no need for legal action now. 

Just now, Stanislav Petrov said:

You have sounded equally confident every time one of your proclamations have failed to come to fruition.

2 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

There was a time I had I lot of time of Hearts fans. NOW ! well their sense of entitlement really does take the biscuit, they have been gash for years, behaving like their bigger brothers from Ipox. Calling for boycotts, hoping other clubs go out of business and general slagging of other club who they think their better than sticks in my throat. I hear now they are hoping to start the Ulster Hearts again says it all. Really hope they go down, if not well, will enjoy taking lots more points off them  AGAIN !!!

Are you Gordon Sawers? 

6 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

Why?

Hearts will play in the top league this coming season Ric. It’s just taken time to make it happen. 

Explain the mechanism please?

Hearts will play in the top league this coming season Ric. It’s just taken time to make it happen. 

A broken clock can be right twice a day. Your "ITK" proclamations have been woefully inaccurate before, so if Heart of Seethelothian get a break from Rangers wanting to f**k the lower leagues it's got nothing to do with your predictive powers.

1 hour ago, Bazil85 said:

I imagine looking for better is true for the first team, however is it realistic in a colt team of likely around 20-25 players? I don't imagine so and they'll likely have a number of players that aren't likely to make it (and the club will know that). That's very likely the case with every youth team in the country currently, you still have to make up the numbers after all. Rangers and Lewis Morgan is a great example here, if they had a colt team but needed 6-8 midfielders in the squad, would they have given a two footed, fast 16/17 years old a chance to shine in the colt team? I think there's a very good chance they would have. 

I meant Tierney was the last, I believe he is younger than both Forrest and McGregor. I think it's naive to think that'll 100% be the case with Johnson, there's been plenty promising young players that haven't cut it. Still even if we did include him, four youth graduates in about a 15 years, maybe longer? At least two (Forrest and McGregor) are not the level Scottish football needs to progress, we need much higher level footballers than about 90% of our international team, them both included.

Brings me back to my point on why should we trust Celtic & Rangers to develop a better generation of young Scottish players when even the ones they have developed with first team football are largely not good enough? 

the three foreigner rule went in in mid to late 90s, before that we almost always qualified for international tournaments, now we don't. Is it a coincidence? Possibly, possibly not. The U21 rule didn't go nearly far enough. IMO the rules need to be in starting 11s. 

Yes it is, Celtic will look for the best they can get at all ages and levels and it's not just about the wages they pay as I've said before Scotland has good talent and just as good as any country up to the age of 18.
Between 18 and 21 that's where we regress we have too many dinosaurs like Willie miller if you're not in the first team by 18 you won't make it pish.
If we look at the career path of Ryan Christie played over 50 games for inverness in the first team before he hits 20, Celtic sign him at 20 but doesn't make the first team until hes 23.
The jump between playing at inverness and playing at Celtic is massive the talent is there with help from Aberdeen on loan it took 3 clubs to get Christie where he is today.
If we can get players at 18 set out a career path with the help of other clubs we will produce more and better young talent like the players I mentioned Doohan at Ayr,Welsh at Morton,Deas at Alloa. Henderson at Ross county, one year in any colts/B team then move them up the leagues from 18 to 21.
FFS it's not about trusting big bad Celtic it's about changing the status quo because it's not working.
The three foreigner rules isn't possible any more because you can't  have an xenophobic policy.

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Not the best example that you could have used. Ralston was shite at Celtic, shite at Dundee United and shite at St Johnstone.

From playing against Barcelona and Neymar to playing at St Johnstone you've got the boy written off at 21 apart from the serious car crash he was in, for me he still has a decent career ahead of him.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

A broken clock can be right twice a day. Your "ITK" proclamations have been woefully inaccurate before, so if Heart of Seethelothian get a break from Rangers wanting to f**k the lower leagues it's got nothing to do with your predictive powers.

The colt teams won’t happen with this reconstruction is my belief. 

The money being put into the Scottish game is an incredible gesture from Hearts benefactors. 

1 minute ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

The money being put into the Scottish game is an incredible gesture from Hearts benefactors. 

As I say, you have been wrong with every single one of your claims so far. That's an impressive 100% record, to be fair.

3 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

If reconstruction doesn't happen I'm sure you will hang around and tell us why you believe it didn't happen..

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

From playing against Barcelona and Neymar to playing at St Johnstone you've got the boy written off at 21 apart from the serious car crash he was in, for me he still his a decent career ahead of him.

Oaft. Must've been some crash to make him slower, with as shite a first touch as me.

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Between 18 and 21 that's where we regress we have too many dinosaurs like Willie miller if you're not in the first team by 18 you won't make it pish.
If we look at the career path of Ryan Christie played over 50 games for inverness in the first team before he hits 20, Celtic sign him at 20 but doesn't make the first team until hes 23.
The jump between playing at inverness and playing at Celtic is massive the talent is there with help from Aberdeen on loan it took 3 clubs to get Christie where he is today.

At Inverness and Aberdeen he was playing in the top tier in Scotland.

Are you suggesting he would have been better served playing in a Celtic colts team in league 2?

Edit to ask:

with the colts team are they a different club with a different registration? Or considered the same club. What is the proposed policy on player movement between the two?

Edited by kent_don