League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Rangers tried to oust 5 clubs out of the league in 1964 for the unforgivable crime of having the least supporters and draining resources from the big clubs  ............ but the 5 fought back and halted their cunning plan. 

Good to see the Rangers at the forefront of trying to restructure Scottish football again.   A fine upstanding club looking out for their fellow clubs . 

10 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Rangers tried to oust 5 clubs out of the league in 1964 for the unforgivable crime of having the least supporters and draining resources from the big clubs  ............ but the 5 fought back and halted their cunning plan. 

Good to see the Rangers at the forefront of trying to restructure Scottish football again.   A fine upstanding club looking out for their fellow clubs . 

Different club, tbf.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The colts thing won't happen this summer, but it isn't going away.

A lot of people want it to happen.

The problem they have is that, in order for it to happen, it will take a scary number of turkeys voting for Christmas in exchange for better feed.

They're going to threaten another breakaway league eventually, when they don't get their own way. It'll be interesting to see who remembers what a dead-end that was for non-Celtgers clubs, and who's willing to play along with the big boys. They're utterly impotent and have as much power over the SPFL as other clubs are willing to give them.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The problem they have is that, in order for it to happen, it will take a scary number of turkeys voting for Christmas in exchange for better feed.

They're going to threaten another breakaway league eventually, when they don't get their own way. It'll be interesting to see who remembers what a dead-end that was for non-Celtgers clubs, and who's willing to play along with the big boys. They're utterly impotent and have as much power over the SPFL as other clubs are willing to give them.

Agree, I'm not saying it is inevitable that it will happen.

It's just not going away anytime soon. Fairly sure Malky Mackay and his team are keen on it as part of a development plan and obviously the OF are. They will continue to face great resistance but it will keep resurfacing.

5 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

James Anderson has given an initial donation of over £3 million

Excellent news for struggling clubs.

If this coincides with an announcement later today that - in some bizarre volte face - that Hearts have been saved, we might as well all just give up on Scottish football.

2 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

Predictions for today. 

hibs fans to be incandescent with rage. 

It wont just be Hibs fans, if this pans out in that manner its a grim day for everyone - except Hearts.

12 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You make a lot of great points some I agree with and some I don't.
Your concern about St Mirren will get less talent if there is colt teams I disagree because Celtic will always look for better than what they have.
I'll use the right back as an example when Lustig left the club Celtic had a problem Ralston wasn't the answer so we go out and get Frimpong so what happens you have the trickle down effect Ralston goes to St Johnstone.
If players don't make the grade at Celtic they find their level at another club, Doohan at Ayr,Welsh at Morton,Deas at Alloa for me this won't stop players having a career path.
I can understand you saying that Tierney is the only quality player but as far as the national team is concerned Forrest and Callum McGregor have been better Plus Mikey Johnson is a future internationalist all day long.
I agree with the bottom part but it has been done before having under 21's on the bench plus the 3 or 4 foreigner rule.

I imagine looking for better is true for the first team, however is it realistic in a colt team of likely around 20-25 players? I don't imagine so and they'll likely have a number of players that aren't likely to make it (and the club will know that). That's very likely the case with every youth team in the country currently, you still have to make up the numbers after all. Rangers and Lewis Morgan is a great example here, if they had a colt team but needed 6-8 midfielders in the squad, would they have given a two footed, fast 16/17 years old a chance to shine in the colt team? I think there's a very good chance they would have. 

I meant Tierney was the last, I believe he is younger than both Forrest and McGregor. I think it's naive to think that'll 100% be the case with Johnson, there's been plenty promising young players that haven't cut it. Still even if we did include him, four youth graduates in about a 15 years, maybe longer? At least two (Forrest and McGregor) are not the level Scottish football needs to progress, we need much higher level footballers than about 90% of our international team, them both included.

Brings me back to my point on why should we trust Celtic & Rangers to develop a better generation of young Scottish players when even the ones they have developed with first team football are largely not good enough? 

the three foreigner rule went in in mid to late 90s, before that we almost always qualified for international tournaments, now we don't. Is it a coincidence? Possibly, possibly not. The U21 rule didn't go nearly far enough. IMO the rules need to be in starting 11s. 

13 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

Predictions for today. 

hibs fans to be incandescent with rage. 

Considering not one of your predictions have come to fruition, should anyone take notice of your mince?

Preferred option is obviously for reconstruction to happen, Hearts to continue being absolutely shite and get themselves relegated all over again. Closely followed by my second favourite option of no reconstruction and a lengthy court battle which they will obviously lose.

Tough choices.

Just now, Ric said:

Considering not one of your predictions have come to fruition, should anyone take notice of your mince?

Morning Ric. I have stated since day one that Hearts will be playing in the top league in the coming season. Sadly my timescale of this happening has been wrong but there’s been so much going on. Anyway we’re there now. 

12 minutes ago, Stanislav Petrov said:

Morning Ric. I have stated since day one that Hearts will be playing in the top league in the coming season. Sadly my timescale of this happening has been wrong but there’s been so much going on. Anyway we’re there now. 

That's not how this works. There is a SPFL board meeting today. The maximum that could happen today is that the board could back the Budge proposal, the Rangers proposal, or make their own one, and ask the clubs to vote on whatever one(s) are put forward. The board can't impose a reconstruction on the clubs, because it means changing the company's rulebook.

Edited by JamesM82