League Reconstruction 20/21 season

9 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Daily Record and Daily Mail reporting that there is better than expected support for reconstruction.

The Sun and The Times suggest otherwise.

Good to see consistency from journalists sources 😁

Record and Mail sources = Rangers and Celtic pasties toeing the party line for their whitey colts idea. 

Sun and Times sources = some cnut from the other 40 clubs who gives a fûck and knows the actual score. 

Edited by DosserDel

I'm not sure there's much mileage in 'x and y player went to Celtic and never made it, Colt teams OUT', or vice versa.

Youngsters don't make it for a variety of reasons, probably more often than not down to themselves rather than any development environment they're in.

I very much doubt colt teams will make a great difference to the number of top players we develop, but I'm certain that it will mean the probability of talent we do develop being at the OF has greatly increased. And ultimately that's what most clubs want these days, access to the best young players at the earliest age.

I actually think endless youth football is crap for young talent and would welcome them getting more 'men's football' experience, but let's not pretend Colts is primarily about developing more young talent.

Regardless of how long the Hearts reconstruction saga continues, I really hope the Rangers Colts idea is thrown out today.

Its boring, has no real support, and is only even in the public domain because of which club suggested it.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Do Hearts count as a suffering lower league club yet? 

f**k knows, but football fans are getting mighty bored of this shite. If it was only the Hearts "proposal" then that would be vaguely fine, but when Rangers layered this colts nonsense into the mix, I was like;

frustrated fuck my life GIF

5 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Surprisingly no. ;)

Could this be one of those  schemes with a Nigerian address ? 

Do we know why not?

I dont actually doubt that the guy is a genuine benefactor, and we heard that it could be sent to the SPFL quickly so is there a reason the clubs have not got it?

(personally, I hope its because the Premiership clubs have decided to not take their share in order that it was pointed to League 1/2 clubs)

12 hours ago, bluearmyfaction said:

And Cowdenbeath (relegated by Hitler), Gateshead (voted out of the League despite only applying for re-election twice in forty years), Wimbledon/Clydebank (club stolen from them), Belfast Celtic...

There are a lot worse sins in the game than a team in the bottom three of a division, where one of the teams below them had a gazillion points deducted, being relegated.

That was self inflicted. Derry City would be more applicable.

Think WWII scuppered Alloa, as well, didn't it? Pre-war, top flight, post war, papped back down a league. 

Must have had it in for the A’s as Arbroath and Ayr United were also sent down.

23 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

I'll see your Lewis Morgan and raise you 2018-19 PFA Scotland Young Player of The Year nominee Jake Hastie

I mean. It's not really a raise though is it? ;) 

Morgan was a PFA Young player nominee in 2017-18, snapped up, not given a real shot and farmed out to EFL League 1. Just like Hastie.

It's an identical situation.