League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

Third Lanark would argue that one.

And Cowdenbeath (relegated by Hitler), Gateshead (voted out of the League despite only applying for re-election twice in forty years), Wimbledon/Clydebank (club stolen from them), Belfast Celtic...

There are a lot worse sins in the game than a team in the bottom three of a division, where one of the teams below them had a gazillion points deducted, being relegated.

Someone on P&B made the point that this colts nonsense is to have a team from both Rangers and Celtic in the leagues should their main sides join some future European setup. That makes sense. Nothing to do with improving Scottish football

44 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Have to say the only real youth talent has mostly come from Accies, Livingston and Hibs. This was achieved by playing young players early and giving them time. Don’t mean to go on but this colts thing is nonsense.

Think you’ll find that Motherwell have lead the way over the PST few years 

2 hours ago, Bazil85 said:

I have little doubt the colt teams will improve Celtic & Rangers youth development. That isn't the argument against it (if you're a Celtic & Rangers fan anyway). 

- To fill these teams, they'll likely sign even more promising young players making it more difficult for other teams (St Mirren for example, would we have gotten Morgan, McLean, Baird etc if there had been a colt team for them to prove their worth at?) 

- As much as it may improve youth players for Celtic & Rangers, we need to be producing far better players overall than that level to get the national team back where we belong. The best young Scottish players will generally need to be playing at a much higher level at these ages

- It will turn a number of fans of many clubs away from the game, plenty have stated it for years, every time this subject comes up (self included) 

As for your other points, I don't see Celtic's youth getting any better, don't see Ralston lasting the pace, Henderson is a doubt, Miller is away, they haven't produce a quality player since Tierney (with Johnston still far from proven). Rangers is even worse, I can only think of McGregor as someone in their strongest squad of 18 that's been through their youth academy & he's almost 40. Argument for Gilmour at Chelsea being a success but would he have been if he stayed at Rangers, given their success rate? Are these really clubs we are willing to trust with improving Scottish youth talent? Would we really be willing to take the hit of disenfranchising possibly thousands of Scottish football fans and devaluing potentially two of our leagues? It's got to be an absolute no from many clubs which means it's dead in the water, as it was last time it was proposed.  

For me the solution needs to be much more radical. Put all clubs on notice, in five years starting 11s MUST have 8 homegrown players. Definition of a homegrown player is someone trained in Scotland for a minimum 4 years before their 21st birthday (or under 21 and set to meet that requirement). Further break it down from those 8 players, 5 must have been developed through their own youth academy and  at least 3 of the 8 must be under 21. 

The argument might be, what about competitiveness in Europe? It's hardly an issue now, we aren't competitive in Europe and likely won't be anytime soon. There's also plenty of time to make sure this isn't a hindrance to that while developing quality young players. If this is implemented across Scotland, no one is disadvantaged in bleeding youth talent. 

You make a lot of great points some I agree with and some I don't.
Your concern about St Mirren will get less talent if there is colt teams I disagree because Celtic will always look for better than what they have.
I'll use the right back as an example when Lustig left the club Celtic had a problem Ralston wasn't the answer so we go out and get Frimpong so what happens you have the trickle down effect Ralston goes to St Johnstone.
If players don't make the grade at Celtic they find their level at another club, Doohan at Ayr,Welsh at Morton,Deas at Alloa for me this won't stop players having a career path.
I can understand you saying that Tierney is the only quality player but as far as the national team is concerned Forrest and Callum McGregor have been better Plus Mikey Johnson is a future internationalist all day long.
I agree with the bottom part but it has been done before having under 21's on the bench plus the 3 or 4 foreigner rule.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic had a problem Ralston wasn't the answer so we go out and get Frimpong so what happens you have the trickle down effect Ralston goes to St Johnstone.

Aye, cheers for that. Now if we ask you for any more young up and coming players make sure they are footballers,  ta.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'll use the right back as an example when Lustig left the club Celtic had a problem Ralston wasn't the answer so we go out and get Frimpong so what happens you have the trickle down effect Ralston goes to St Johnstone.

Not the best example that you could have used. Ralston was shite at Celtic, shite at Dundee United and shite at St Johnstone.

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

Are Ralston and Mikey Johnston meant to be arguments against the fact Celtic’s youth system is shite? 😂

Mikey Johnston is a very good player, I'd expect him to be a Celtic regular and in the Scotland squad within a couple of years. Ralston will more likely be kicking about League 1.

More mince,Celtic play 60 games a season it's not about hindering players careers it's about staying at the top and making sure we have at least two players for every position.
Celtic need a Tierney behind an Izaguirre, a Morgan behind a forrest just like any other club.
The key to staying at the top is making sure your quality of player doesn't drop when the squad is stretched.

So rasellik only have a squad of 22 according to this nonsense

10 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Why the infatuation with 3 leagues?  The leagues of 10 with the play offs have made each of the lower leagues very competitive with very few meaningless games at the end of the season.  Can't see a problem with a 14-10-10-10 set up myself. 

Haven't you been reading?  We should all be grateful for matches with nothing at stake because la liga and serie a.

Or something..

Daily Record and Daily Mail reporting that there is better than expected support for reconstruction.

The Sun and The Times suggest otherwise.

Good to see consistency from journalists sources 😁