League Reconstruction 20/21 season

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Plus at the same time Celtic had Liam Henderson in a similar position winning the Scottish cup for with Hibs.

ftfy 😉

But it is telling that both him and Lindsay had to leave Scotland to further their careers and yet neither are yet quoted as Internationals above youth level.

I worry about both Rangers and Celtic - who sometimes delight in telling the rest of Scottish football that "there isnt enough competition up here" while hoovering up prepubescent talent by dangling bags of cash in front of their faithers.

One of my mates has a very talented laddie who was on Celtics books until 18 months ago (he is 13 now) and he got utterly hacked off being one of a cast of thousands in his position.

It was very clear that he would be much better off at another club. Being local it was always going to be Hibs or Hearts - and to be fair, although his dad is a died in the wool Hibs man, he allowed him to look at both clubs facilities and talk to the coaches.

He decided on Hibs and has never been happier - less travel and he simply enjoys it more, gets to be a ballboy with his pals at ER and just loves his football.

I suspect if they lived in lanarkshire he would be at Hamilton or Motherwell for exactly the same reasons.

Absolutely.  The fact that all of the Jambos have quoted legal action and not a single one has managed to even muddle together what basis they are making it. 
Equivalent to me saying I am away out to marry Kate Beckinsale.  By all means I can try and slide into her instagram DMs and  offer to drop down on one knee, but on what possible basis would she want to go out with an Aberdeen-based Hibee/I have absolutely no grounds to do so.  Complete and utter fantasy land.    

The reason why Beckinsale got divorced last November suddenly seems less mysterious

28 minutes ago, Zing. said:

14-10-10-10 going to be making an appearance soon then?

https://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/p/n/2280

Apparently the kickback moonhowlers think this is a done deal.

They have posited that Doncaster has some magical "emergency executive powers" to force through reconstruction  and will do this (adding Kelty and Brora) without even asking or needing any kind of vote from the clubs.......

Cool story, eh?

jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

14-10-10-10 is probably the least ‘unfair’ if it was to go through, as no one would be relegated.

However, it’s not happening.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

14-10-10-10 is probably the least ‘unfair’ if it was to go through, as no one would be relegated.

However, it’s not happening.

Who do you think would object? Given a nice wee philanthropist bung of course.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's nothing at all appealing about it to bottom six Premiership clubs - less prize money for no tangible benefit.

1 minute ago, Steve McQueen said:

Forget reconstruction, have we decided what happens if we can't complete next season?

Surely it's better to have this decided before we start so that we know what happens rather than another vote.

Would guess they will add the PPG approach explicitly into the rules from next season onwards.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Mostly clubs in 3rd and 4th in each league.

ICT, Falkirk and Edinburgh City would obviously be in favour.

I wonder if they would suggest a certain number of games to be completed (22?) then if not null & void, PPG if criteria met.

In Baseball after 5 innings the result stands even if game not completed.

Would guess they will add the PPG approach explicitly into the rules from next season onwards.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Us. I am sure you will work out the finer details as to why.

However the bigger principle is simply that you cannot move the goalposts after all the possible games have been completed and positions cannot change.

Reconstruction if it needs to happen can happen in 2021 when everyone knows in advance.

2 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Us. I am sure you will work out the finer details as to why.

However the bigger principle is simply that you cannot move the goalposts after all the possible games have been completed and positions cannot change.

Reconstruction if it needs to happen can happen in 2021 when everyone knows in advance.

I'm too thick, how would it affect Clyde? Apart from the bung.

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Mostly clubs in 3rd and 4th in each league.

ICT, Falkirk and Edinburgh City would obviously be in favour.

I was thinking Premiership sides for whom the bung wouldn't compensate for the diluted prize money share. I'd have thought Dundee for example would be quite happy not to have to compete with Hearts, Caley or Dundee Utd next season for promotion.