League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Regardless of it being the third tier, Cove would still be in the bottom tier. If they have a shocking season they could be back in the Highland League at the end of it.

And two good years from the Premier league. The Highland league is the fourth tier in the set up suggested. If the "no worse off" is being used to create hypothetical situations then you really are scraping the barrel. Cove would be in the third tier this year do no worse off this year. Partick would be worse off is that OK? 

Tbh I think we all know its not going through, once again it shows how pathetic Scottish football has become.

I've not many fans who don't want a bigger league but out of spite just now they don't want one, "aye but if Cove have a shite season" if they have a shite season they go to the fourth tier regardless of the set up. 

Like I said to a degree this is a matter of opinion but I still don't reckon selection for the national team isn't a level playing field - what did Lewis Morgan do to deserve his call-up beyond moving a dozen miles down the road?

Lewis Morgan made his Scotland debut before he made his Celtic debut.

2 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

I suspect all of the good guys will absolutely smash this apart and that will be the end of it. 

Perhaps for immediate reconstruction but this Colt teams turd keeps bobbing up to the surface every season.

7 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

And two good years from the Premier league. The Highland league is the fourth tier in the set up suggested. If the "no worse off" is being used to create hypothetical situations then you really are scraping the barrel. Cove would be in the third tier this year do no worse off this year. Partick would be worse off is that OK? 

Tbh I think we all know its not going through, once again it shows how pathetic Scottish football has become.

I've not many fans who don't want a bigger league but out of spite just now they don't want one, "aye but if Cove have a shite season" if they have a shite season they go to the fourth tier regardless of the set up. 

crying-man.gif.56e390a885f37c4df3fbabd2a061fd50.gif

5 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Well no, I think you'll find that some of us who want to see bigger leagues also want their membership to be determined on a novel concept known as 'objective sporting merit' - not a back of a fag packet deal to appease a handful of clubs who were too shite to remain at their self-declared 'natural level'. 

A 14-14-14 system for the 21/22 season with everyone knowing what they are playing for next season is absolutely fine; but that's not on the table for the sole reason that it doesn't suit Ann Budge. So she can go f**k herself then and get doon.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well no, I think you'll find that some of us who want to see bigger leagues also want their membership to be determined on a novel concept known as 'objective sporting merit' - not a back of a fag packet deal to appease a handful of clubs who were too shite to remain at their self-declared 'natural level'. 

I thought that had already been done away with.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

A 14-14-14 system for the 21/22 season with everyone knowing what they are playing for next season is absolutely fine; but that's not on the table for the sole reason that it doesn't suit Ann Budge. So she can go f**k herself then and get doon.

Laughable "sporting merit" is Partick being relegated despite not playing the same amount of games as everyone else? Or Hearts with 4 points behind and 24 to play for? Or Falkirk a point behind Airdrie 3? Sporting merit😂

And make it a year later why? Just to ram it up Hearts? Pathetic. Anne Budge shouldn't be looking at reconstruction that's Doncasters job. This whole things a mess that teams being self serving and bitter has created and now Hearts are the ones "looking out for themselves". 

Look at what's happening elsewhere the relegations are being overturned in court, we should be trying to resolve it before it wastes everyone's time and money and goes there. 

1 minute ago, Aylo vanal said:

Laughable "sporting merit" is Partick being relegated despite not playing the same amount of games as everyone else? Or Hearts with 4 points behind and 24 to play for? Or Falkirk a point behind Airdrie 3? Sporting merit😂

And make it a year later why? Just to ram it up Hearts? Pathetic. Anne Budge shouldn't be looking at reconstruction that's Doncasters job. This whole things a mess that teams being self serving and bitter has created and now Hearts are the ones "looking out for themselves". 

Look at what's happening elsewhere the relegations are being overturned in court, we should be trying to resolve it before it wastes everyone's time and money and goes there. 

If those tears get into your keyboard you could get electrocuted.

13 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I thought that had already been done away with.

13 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Both sporting merit and the 'extra game!!!111!!!' nonsense were already dealt with by applying a straightforward points per game principle to the final tables. Turns out that Hearts, Partick and Stranraer were all still the worst teams in their division by that objective measurement, so doon they went. It's finished.

The only way to reconstruct a league is to have those playing in the expanded top flight and second tier do so based on objective sporting merit. Lifting two out of three playoff teams does not do this, nor does preserving dung teams from a rightful relegation. Two up from the Championship and a 3rd v 4th playoff for the final promotion spot next season: not even Hearts could f**k that one up.

Ann Budge nominated herself as the best person to lead a reconstruction committee and railroaded through a self-serving crock of utter shite that has got insufficient support to pass at every level. It's not the job of the other 41 club executives or ordinary fans to bail her out now that she's made a roaring c**t of it. We can go with what we have until a credible proposal is actually put on the table.

Edited by vikingTON

It's not Doncaster's job to come up with reconstruction ideas. That's the job of the clubs.

How is Hearts' legal case coming along? Not heard much about that over the last week.

13 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

But there weren't 24 points still to play for. The season couldn't be completed, which was a fact all 12 teams were unanimous on.

Edited by Coventry Saint

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Ann Budge nominated herself as the best person to lead a reconstruction committee and railroaded through a crock of shite that has got insufficient support to pass at every level. It's not the job of the other 41 club executives or ordinary fans to bail her out now that she's made a roaring c**t of it. We can go with what we have until a credible proposal is actually put on the table.

You just invent shit.  You're funny. :lol:

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

It's not Doncaster's job to come up with reconstruction ideas. That's the job of the clubs.

How is Hearts' legal case coming along? Not heard much about that over the last week.

I can't believe we are so far into this shambles and people still don't know Doncaster's job remit, or indeed how the SPFL is structured. There's still people claiming "What are the SPFL doing with their money? They should be bailing out the clubs!".

15 minutes ago, David W said:

I can't believe we are so far into this shambles and people still don't know Doncaster's job remit, or indeed how the SPFL is structured. There's still people claiming "What are the SPFL doing with their money? They should be bailing out the clubs!".

Indeed. See also the shouts that the SFA should be getting involved.

Edited by DA Baracus

15 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The legal challenge is more dead in the water than an Edward Colston statue.

Absolutely.  The fact that all of the Jambos have quoted legal action and not a single one has managed to even muddle together what basis they are making it. 

Equivalent to me saying I am away out to marry Kate Beckinsale.  By all means I can try and slide into her instagram DMs and  offer to drop down on one knee, but on what possible basis would she want to go out with an Aberdeen-based Hibee/I have absolutely no grounds to do so.  Complete and utter fantasy land.    

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Taking the player with the best career to date in Jamie Lindsay, his career trajectory was a loan spell with Dumbarton in the Championship where he got experience of a relegation battle and success in staying up, a loan spell with Morton in the Championship where he got experience of challenging for the playoffs and playing in them, a loan spell with Ross County in the Premiership bringing another relegation battle which was unsuccessful. He was then was released by Celtic and signed permanently for Ross County, was arguably their best player as they cantered to the Championship title and got a move to Rotherham, where he'll be winning promotion from League One if their season is called on PPG this week.

We're supposed to believe that if Jamie Lindsay didn't have all those experiences on loan, didn't experience the lows of relegation battles and highs of promotion challenges, testing himself in the Championship and Premiership, learning from more experienced teammates and working under four different managers, he'd be a better player.

If he just stayed with a Celtic youth team that whole time, even though there was no chance he was ever going to make it at Celtic

After all that do you honestly think he would've stayed in the colts team?
Celtic set out a career path for him to move through the leagues and gave him all the opportunities to play.
If you think he would've stayed in the colt/B team then you're thicker than two short planks. 
Plus at the same time Celtic had Liam Henderson in a similar position winning the Scottish cup for Hibs. 

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Pie and Bovril had a huge part to play in Sevco not just being allowed to start in the Championship back in 2012.  I would go as far as to say that if this forum hadn’t existed they would’ve waltzed straight in.

I hope the same thing is the end result here. I don’t have an issue with the colt team idea, other than I think it’s stupid, if it’s accepted but I have a huge issue with any colt team starting anywhere other than the bottom tier of the pyramid.

If any club, or clubs, are allowed to insert a colt team at a higher level than the bottom then I’m almost certainly done with Scottish football. If Celtic or Sevco are exclusively allowed to start a tier or two further up than the rest then I’m officially done.