League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

In the last 20 years I reckon only 4 Celtic players came through their youth and Colt setup to become first team players and internationalists - Callum McGregor, Kieran Tierney, James Forrest and Sean Malony. 

Other Celtic players that were capped for Scotland were all developed by other clubs before being signed by Celtic. Stuart Armstrong (Dundee Utd), Scott Brown (Hibs), Ryan Christie (ICT), Leigh Griffiths (Livi), Jack Hendry (PT), Lewis Morgan (St Mirren), Charlie Mulgrew (Dundee Utd) and Greg Taylor (Kilmarnock).

Can't be bothered checking the ****' players but I doubt if the list is longer than Celtics. So diddy Clubs can develop as many players that go on to be internationalists after being signed up by the OF, than the OF produce themselves. The OF rarely develop players - they buy them.

Out of interest, what do you reckon Celtic payed for all these players in transfer fees? 

If it was about getting fans to games why not resurrect the old reserve league? My grandad used to go to Muirton every Saturday. Every other week the reserves played at 3pm. There used to be a decent turnout too.
This. I would go to lots of Ayr Reserves or Colts games on a Saturday at 3PM if I couldn't make Ayr away. Or make them Sunday at 3PM. Think lots of teams would get decent crowds if priced correctly.

Bit surprised there has been no word whatsoever from the SFA over all this. I realise it's mainly SPFL business, but it affects the pyramid and non SPFL leagues and clubs. They seem to be bunkering down till it's all over, unless they're using Stewart Regan as an informal mouthpiece.

8 minutes ago, ftk said:
23 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:
If it was about getting fans to games why not resurrect the old reserve league? My grandad used to go to Muirton every Saturday. Every other week the reserves played at 3pm. There used to be a decent turnout too.

This. I would go to lots of Ayr Reserves or Colts games on a Saturday at 3PM if I couldn't make Ayr away. Or make them Sunday at 3PM. Think lots of teams would get decent crowds if priced correctly.

They wouldn't, times change. I was a Reserve League regular. Not many went in the past and it was often free. People do other things now, even apart from football that will be on the telly.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

As it's all about the development of Scottish football, stop laughing at the back and the front. We all want to see Scotland at the big tournaments, well here is the hard facts.  What do both Rangers and Celtic really bring to the squad when we do qualify? 

Since 1958, Scotlands first major final,  Rangers have produced through youth or  given them their first ever senior club app, these players from all Scottish major tournament squads.

324985410_rangersyouth.png.80e47588a254e6e55db238bd5638d1cc.png 

Celtic a little better

1439766217_celticyouth.png.974d76d1aaaa92d79b8942ef9064775f.png

Overall it pathetic.  They can't take the risks as they can't see further than the other end of the city.  It's all about hoarding as much youngsters as possible as they might get a wee gem every 10 years.   They don't do development!

The most outrageous thing here is the fact that Derek Whyte managed to make it to 3 finals tournament squads.

3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

You're a fuckin clown... everyone thinks it...

Oooft. Taking that very personally, Bo. I take it you consider youself  to be one of the “vociferous P&B posters”

As for being called a clown - I’ll live with being called that - from the man who described Leo Varadkar as a refugee!

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Oooft. Taking that very personally, Bo. I take it you consider youself  to be one of the “vociferous P&B posters”

As for being called a clown - I’ll live with being called that - from the man who described Leo Varadkar as a refugee!

A lying clown now too.. 

45 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

I would go with that

Motherwell used to play on Wednesday nights years ago and probably got upwards of 300/400 most games.

Your season ticket was valid as well which was a bit of an incentive to turn up

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

To say we rarely develop players is wrong frankly. We could pretty much put out a team of internationals in past 20 years.

I couldn't careless were Ryan Christie started his career or Callum  McGregor when they pull on a Scotland jersey this is a small mind small mentality attitude.
If Scotland isn't producing players like they did before there's a reason for that and it needs to change.
The two arsecheeks are the enemy on here not the monster across the border,Islam Feruz and Billy Gilmour are examples of that.
I'm sure young Dembele will be the same but again who cares if he ever puts on a Scotland top much like McTominay who has never played in Scotland.
Every player finds their level whether it's Si Ferry at peterhead or Andy Robertson at Liverpool.
Just keep pointing the finger of blame and do nothing to change it.

44 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

With all due respect*, read the Partick QC’s opinion.

* i.e. not very much

I don't seek your respect as you haven't a scooby about this matter.  This is one of those times where the phrase "stop digging" is really the most appropriate course of action.  Removing your hands from this particular shovel will at least allow you to clutch other straws.  

The Companies Act is criminal law, how many times did the Opinion mention this Act?  Hearts cannot raise a civil case on a criminal matter and therefore once again your post is ill-informed nonsense. 

I look forward to Ann lodging a formal complaint on this matter with Police Scotland .  Any investigation being carried out before Christmas, never mind the start of the season would be remarkable.

Got to say, I'm a bit disappointed there is so much support behind the colt team nonsense. Seems to have absolutely floated it's way into contention upon the waves of tears from hearts fans.
Jim McInally of Peterhead and Willie Miller were both scathing of the development of young players in the proposal on Sportsound today. And Chick Young was scathing about the whole proposal. So not everyone is absorbing the propaganda.