League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Wonder what would happen if a strategic partnership is setup, 6 players head out on loan then those clubs draw each other in a cup competition? If those loan players make up a key part of that squad then it fucks them over massively.

9 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Not that I want to give them credit, but Mulgrew came through the ranks at Celtic. He was loaned to United as part of the deal to take Mark Wilson to Celtic.

The rest of your point stands though and totally agree.

Had this chat with a mate, Failed at Celtic and went and learned his trade else where. Celtic get no credit despite being factually  correct.

Guest Flash

I take it the Celtic and Rangers B teams won’t be entitled to league prize money? If they are, they could potentially make more money over 4 years than they are putting in.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

The OF rarely develop players - they buy them.

Nail on the head.

But they also want to make money out of selling players. They've seen how the likes of Falkirk's Academy produced a conveyer belt of talent that brought in more than it cost and they want a slice of that - or all of it if they can. But they can't risk actually blooding young players in their own team because that might lead to losing a few games and their fans would go nuts, so they want to hoover up the talent in Scotland and play them in the lower leagues where it doesn't affect them.

This is about greed, pure and simple. They see youngsters as a cash cow to pay for their foreign imports.

8 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Serious question , why 14-14-18 ,  why not 18-14-14?

The starting point (or immovable pillar, if you wish) for any TV deal is 4 OF matches/season.  Anything above 14 does not lend itself to that.

10 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Chairman Roy at Ross County favouring colts teams in the league in principle, just not at this time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52954368

Sadly Steve Brown also backed Colt sides, just a year ago.

Two clubs who are likely to spend serious time outside the top flight trying to delude themselves they have the means to run Colt sides that would be worthy of a place in the league system.

Hopefully both get told by their fans where that plan should be shoved.

Serious question , why 14-14-18 ,  why not 18-14-14?

During normal times*, an 18 team top flight means less box office games between the bigger clubs in general and critically only 2 old firm games. That’s why we have a smaller top flight

* Obviously in recent years with most of the bigger clubs finding ways of shitting the bed that logic doesn’t work

2 minutes ago, Insaintee said:
5 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

The starting point (or immovable pillar, if you wish) for any TV deal is 4 OF matches/season.  Anything above 14 does not lend itself to that.

Doesn't two colt team hatefests count?

Never thought of that....................😁...........................you may be onto something!

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

During normal times*, an 18 team top flight means less box office games between the bigger clubs in general and critically only 2 old firm games. That’s why we have a smaller top flight

Judging by the older fans on here, the reason we have a smaller top flight is because bigger ones were totally shite with a massive dead zone in the middle, while simultaneously having a massive drop off in quality once relegated.

12 team top flight sees you relegated into a division that regularly contains some of the Dundee and Edinburgh sides.

18 team top flight and youd be relegated into a division that contains dross like Falkirk and Clyde.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

In the last 20 years I reckon only 4 Celtic players came through their youth and Colt setup to become first team players and internationalists - Callum McGregor, Kieran Tierney, James Forrest and Sean Malony. 

Other Celtic players that were capped for Scotland were all developed by other clubs before being signed by Celtic. Stuart Armstrong (Dundee Utd), Scott Brown (Hibs), Ryan Christie (ICT), Leigh Griffiths (Livi), Jack Hendry (PT), Lewis Morgan (St Mirren), Charlie Mulgrew (Dundee Utd) and Greg Taylor (Kilmarnock).

Can't be bothered checking the ****' players but I doubt if the list is longer than Celtics. So diddy Clubs can develop as many players that go on to be internationalists after being signed up by the OF, than the OF produce themselves. The OF rarely develop players - they buy them.

We also had Marshall, Jamie Smith,  Mcmanus, Beattie, Mcgeady*, Kennedy.

To say we rarely develop players is wrong frankly. We could pretty much put out a team of internationals in past 20 years.

Even the players we ‘buy’ we have developed them to levels that they almost certainly wouldn’t have made to. An recent example being Ajer signed as a 17 year old and Changing his position.

*I know he was at QP for a bit but he came to us when he was 13/14

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, alzar7 said:

Colts in league 2 is a great idea when you hear the fine details like what was explained on radio scotland yesterday . Looks like it could be a goer! 

I missed that, sorry, as I was working.  Could you summarise for us?

1 hour ago, Flash said:

I take it the Celtic and Rangers B teams won’t be entitled to league prize money? If they are, they could potentially make more money over 4 years than they are putting in.

What happens if they end bottom ? Are they part of the pyramid ? and if so , if they do go down , which league benefits from their yearly donation ? 

Got to say, I'm a bit disappointed there is so much support behind the colt team nonsense. Seems to have absolutely floated it's way into contention upon the waves of tears from hearts fans.

On 05/06/2020 at 18:59, Pet Jeden said:

There is no danger that the SPFL (or any other organisation) can contract out of The Companies Acts. We're not talking about whether a player can appeal a yellow card.

This has nothing to do with the Companies Act you buffoon.

If it was about getting fans to games why not resurrect the old reserve league? My grandad used to go to Muirton every Saturday. Every other week the reserves played at 3pm. There used to be a decent turnout too.