League Reconstruction 20/21 season

A film about Hearts ? Being a Tony Hancock fan 'The Missing Page' or '12 Angry Men' spring to mind. What a dramatic film it could be,not having an ending - wonder if it's a PG or adult ? Maybe they could show it on TV with the UK having a vote - yep Hearts are down ! ! 
Titanic?

Among lots of other things, it’s the way that Rangers want to blatantly buy their reserve team into what would be League 1, that really sticks in my throat. I’ve no great confidence that Aberdeen would vote against this, but I would be banging their door down to make sure that they know who much I would be against this abomination.

2 hours ago, Morton Supporter said:

Right, I’ve got it:

4-10-10-10-10

Premiership: Celtic, Rangers, Celtic B, Rangers B. Teams play each other twenty times; no relegation; £100m a season TV deal; bonanza for pubs and polis overtime.

Diddy leagues: the rest of the forty of us can get on wading blissfully and competitively in our shite.

Everyone gets what they want.

Only if Hearts are in the second 10 x

Novel ideas for the “bigger clubs”:

a. make use of the loan system

or even better

b. stop hogging all the fucking youth talent to the point where they have ridiculously bloated squads of teenagers who will never make a first team appearance.

I present these options whenever I see someone on here standing up for the colt teams idea and am yet to see anyone provide some sort of rebuttal.

3 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

I support putting B or colt teams in the lower leagues by a million miles. 
Too many dinosaurs want Scottish football to fail at producing great players. The fact is putting the big sides b teams in the lower leagues would help produce more Scottish international players. The more chances there are for young players, the better. 
How is it wrong to copy the most successful small nations in World football (Like Croatia, Belgium and the Netherlands), rather than contining with a system which wastes so many young Scottish players?

And some idiot will say well why don't Celtic and Rangers play all their young players in the first teams. Well that is cloud cuckoo fantastic nonsense land. Would any of your teams play an entire first team of 19 year olds let alone teams representing Scotland in Europe?
We need a colt or b teams in the lower divisions, TO PRODUCE MORE SCOTTISH INTERNATINAL PLAYERS FOR THE SCOTTISH INTERNATIONAL TEAM. It is nothing to do with helping Celtic or Rangers, or some conspiracy by the SFA bnecause they want to see Celtic win Leagyue Two. Grow up! You critics of this idea will put forward totally cloud cuckoo land conspiracy theories and straw men to hide the weakness of your argument. 
The notion of playing B teams in the lower leagues is done in far far far more succesful nations at developing internatioonmal players. STOP HOLDING SCOTTISH FOOTBALL BACK. 
I support part time teams doing well. And I weant as many teams in the Scottish League as possible. The more the better. But for the life of me, I cannot understand why you wqould put Edibbirgh City finnishing two places higher in League Two, above that of producing more top Scottish players. 
WHY? ANSWER ME THAT WHY? 
And not with some whithered conspiracy theory that the SPFL is run by people who want Celtic or Rangers to win League Two. Grow up, and put Scottish football first. 

All that bringing up other countries and screaming 'THEY DO IT SO WE NEED TO DO IT' with no understanding of how colt teams work in their league structure or what impact they actually have on the national team does is demonstrate that you have no idea about the issue. Feel free to explain how Celtic and Rangers getting to play their reserves in a part time league will directly result in 'PRODUCING MORE SCOTTISH INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS FOR THE SCOTTISH INTERNATIONAL TEAM'. I suspect you have no idea beyond the Daily Record telling you it was true.

The Netherlands, from a quick google, introduced the youth teams to their structure in 2013. By which time they had already reached all 3 of their world cup finals, it seems unlikely that introducing youth teams to the pyramid 7 years ago is what made them a historically strong international team, unless they invented time travel at the same point.

You've been able to make multiple tear stained rants on this subject over the last few months and yet apparently not had the time to do even the bare minimum research before coming on here to share your masterplan. The people who disagree with you don't want to see Scottish football fail. Its just that your ideas on how to make Scottish football succeed are poorly researched nonsense.

I never quite understand how the likes of Celtic and Rangers can believe:

(i) the lower league teams are unprofessional pointless shite.

AND

(ii) allowing young players to play for their "Colts" against said teams is going to produce an abundance of world-beaters.

Novel ideas for the “bigger clubs”:
a. make use of the loan system
or even better
b. stop hogging all the fucking youth talent to the point where they have ridiculously bloated squads of teenagers who will never make a first team appearance.
I present these options whenever I see someone on here standing up for the colt teams idea and am yet to see anyone provide some sort of rebuttal.

See my post above [emoji106]

On 04/06/2020 at 14:24, Insaintee said:

It could happen that not all Championship teams can play behind closed doors, but then it becomes all Championship clubs that can play behind closed doors need a solution, not just Hearts. Lets suppose that the only clubs able and willing to play behind closed doors are Hearts, ICT, Raith, Dundee, Dunfermline, Morton, what is more likely; a league of 18 or that Partick Thistle, Falkirk, Airdrie and maybe Clyde are invited to make up the numbers in the championship? If not all of them could field teams to play behind closed doors, we could let the SPFL teams play their colts for a season in the Championship. 

I actually quite like that idea. Save Thistle, f**k hearts. 

Proof positive that the big boys hang one every word I say 

It seems that the Hearts proposal is dead in the water.

Apparently all the Premiership clubs were asked if they wanted to present alternative reconstruction plans, and this is the one that dribbled out of Rangers arse (no surprise as its a plan they have had for a while).

I imagine that this has even less chance than Hearts one.

Doncaster really needs to cut to the chase here if there is no consensus for any plan - clubs, players and fans need to know whats happening for the next season.

It's interesting that the Colts idea points out they wouldnt be promoted if they topped the Championship. That gives you an insight as to how they perceive the Leagues and teams they are playing. Cannon fodder so they can churn christ knows how many players that will never make it to try and find 1 or 2, whilst boasting of how they dominate the lower leagues.

Have I missed something else? I would be amazed if the Ranger Colts v Celtic Colts doesnt get TV rights with more money to Ibrox and Parkhead.

We cant go on running idea after idea like this. The league season for August is just weeks away and we are still doing this. 

Edited by rainbowrising

9 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hearts getting the blame for this nonsense 😂. I'd genuinely rather go down than have reconstruction with Colts involved.

Why not?

Hearts are the ones who've forced reconstruction talks to be opened up for suggestions from all the top flight clubs, while simultaneously trying to bribe lower league clubs trying to survive. 

Rangers obviously saw this, and realised theres an opening for their own plan, and all it would need is a bigger bribe than Hearts'. The absolute stench of desperation seeping from Tynecastle means theyll be certain of a Hearts vote in their favour as long as their plan includes Hearts in the top flight.

Budge has probably been bragging to Rangers about how well her plan has gone in the lower tiers.

Edited by RandomGuy.

The constant cry from OF fans of "we will take a couple of thousand to games" or similar is pure fantasy. When we played Celtic Colts in the Glasgow Cup there was at most 100 away fans and I'm probably being generous. Granted that's not the biggest tournament in the country but seems comparible to attendances in the Challenge Cup involving colt teams. No attendance has increased beyond normal average League attendances, most have dropped when those teams are involved. So where are all these fans? Buying 200 tickets would be no different or us than an away attendance from Stirling or Queens Park.

Truth is their fans care as much for their Colt teams as the rest of Scottish football does.

11 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

I support the move by Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers to have colt teams in the lower leagues, It is about putting Scottish football first. Not petty jealousy against the big sides. If Celtic and Rangers give more young players a chance who go on to be international players for Scotland then that is a good movie. I put the national team above everything. 

My arse

I thought 14-10-10-10 sounded doable, no real losers that I can think of, especially with the Budge (philanthropist) bung.. Did anyone actually suggest it?

Yes

Budge did right at the start as a temporary solution to a temporary problem,

Then lower league teams apparently insisted they were permanent 14-14-14 or nothing trying to hijack the situation to their advantage.

Budge then came back with 14-14-14 on a longer term basis than originally suggested which with a sweetener might have won the lower leagues over but was apparently too long term for Aberdeen and seemed to upset Clyde fans here.

Rangers and Celtic then saw a chance to exploit the situation and try to put their push colts project through and nobody likes that.

I’ve probably missed a few steps

Just a reminder for all of my fellow Scottish Football supporters.  In 2016, Ann Budge said: 

"I think 42 senior clubs is too many for Scotland.

"You're looking at about half that number. 

"We're not throwing people to the dogs and saying you don't matter. We should be saying this is what will work better for you, what fits your profile."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999758

Hearts fans are writing this off as "aye, it was 4 years ago it does not matter".  Yes it does - your owner is currently trying to expand the leagues, completely contradicting her incredibly condescending comments in the article post during a time, surprise surprise, when they were not rooted to the bottom of the league.  This is hard proof that Hearts are in it for themselves and themselves only.  Do not fall for that club's lies. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee