League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:
Mental thing is that I think most the lower league teams will go for this.
Especially the ones that aren't bankrolled by a rich owner. 

Nothing in it for L2 clubs, they will lose support and potentially miss out on promotions if the colts teams eventually get any good. Or when the rules get changed again to just make them B teams, not colts.

Club chairmen aren't saints, and will accept a bribe if they feel it's worthwhile. Any that would accept 200 tickets at £15 twice a season in exchange for making their club's existence pointless would need their head examining. I don't think Celtgers could afford the bribes needed to make clubs take the proverbial thirty pieces of silver.

Eventually they'll threaten to run away and make their own league if they don't get their own way. Problem is that they've already tried that, and the only clubs who suffered were the SPL yo-yo teams who couldn't handle their finances well enough to cope with the drop in revenue. You'd hope the other Premiership clubs remember that, but we'll see.

You can absolutely ram this latest proposal but I have a nasty feeling it might go through. 
Nah cant see it.

The voting structure is designed for nothing ever getting voted through.

Ever!

Thistle Scotland Europe has a point (I know but wait)
The cheeks hoover up the “young talent” who then don’t get to play and thereby f**k up Scottish international fitba, aye?

Just limit squad sizes so the wee neds can’t get signed by the bigots and if they have the talent TSE thinks, they’ll get played anyway

1 minute ago, Raidernation said:

Thistle Scotland Europe has a point (I know but wait)
The cheeks hoover up the “young talent” who then don’t get to play and thereby f**k up Scottish international fitba, aye?

Just limit squad sizes so the wee neds can’t get signed by the bigots and if they have the talent TSE thinks, they’ll get played anyway

200.gif

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

For this new proposal do Rangers B enter the Challenge Cup as part of L2 and also Rangers Colts as part of the young boys from the Premiership teams?

"Rangers B" are still Rangers Colts. They've just changed the name to get you used to the idea of it becoming Rangers Reserves over time, which it absolutely would, as it's the reason behind the idea.

If somehow there was a FIFA directive stating that B teams featuring over 21s would no longer be allowed in the senior pyramid system, the whole Colts idea would get dropped quicker than Ann Budge's plans for reconstruction.

I support putting B or colt teams in the lower leagues by a million miles. 
Too many dinosaurs want Scottish football to fail at producing great players. The fact is putting the big sides b teams in the lower leagues would help produce more Scottish international players. The more chances there are for young players, the better. 
How is it wrong to copy the most successful small nations in World football (Like Croatia, Belgium and the Netherlands), rather than contining with a system which wastes so many young Scottish players?
And some idiot will say well why don't Celtic and Rangers play all their young players in the first teams. Well that is cloud cuckoo fantastic nonsense land. Would any of your teams play an entire first team of 19 year olds let alone teams representing Scotland in Europe?
We need a colt or b teams in the lower divisions, TO PRODUCE MORE SCOTTISH INTERNATINAL PLAYERS FOR THE SCOTTISH INTERNATIONAL TEAM. It is nothing to do with helping Celtic or Rangers, or some conspiracy by the SFA bnecause they want to see Celtic win Leagyue Two. Grow up! You critics of this idea will put forward totally cloud cuckoo land conspiracy theories and straw men to hide the weakness of your argument. 
The notion of playing B teams in the lower leagues is done in far far far more succesful nations at developing internatioonmal players. STOP HOLDING SCOTTISH FOOTBALL BACK. 
I support part time teams doing well. And I weant as many teams in the Scottish League as possible. The more the better. But for the life of me, I cannot understand why you wqould put Edibbirgh City finnishing two places higher in League Two, above that of producing more top Scottish players. 
WHY? ANSWER ME THAT WHY? 
And not with some whithered conspiracy theory that the SPFL is run by people who want Celtic or Rangers to win League Two. Grow up, and put Scottish football first. 
A load of pish.

Supporters have to mobilise and contact their clubs about this. We can’t let this happen it’s so disrespectful to lower leagues. 

I don’t pay me season ticket to watch a Fecken 18year old old firm player who will 3 years later be sent out on loan to us or someone else like us then never seen again. 

I won’t be going and if passed I urge every supporter to boycott any game involving a Colt team!

39 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52941423

Tom English - "It is unclear how much support exists for the proposals, although it is understood Celtic do back them."

Two cheeks, same arse....

Such ignorant, arrogant pish (the article and the clubs pushing for it).

There's already substantial evidence that clubs don't want B teams in the league. Quite a few chairmen are already on record saying as much the last time this bollocks was mooted. 

Fans put significant pressure on their clubs as well, so if any lower league club is even considering this garbage they're very much going against their fans, and that will not end well.

24 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Club chairmen aren't saints, and will accept a bribe if they feel it's worthwhile. Any that would accept 200 tickets at £15 twice a season in exchange for making their club's existence pointless would need their head examining. I don't think Celtgers could afford the bribes needed to make clubs take the proverbial thirty pieces of silver.

Eventually they'll threaten to run away and make their own league if they don't get their own way. Problem is that they've already tried that, and the only clubs who suffered were the SPL yo-yo teams who couldn't handle their finances well enough to cope with the drop in revenue. You'd hope the other Premiership clubs remember that, but we'll see.

They tried a bribe the last time. Think it was something like they'd buy up a certain amount of away tickets for every single game, regardless of if fans used them or not.

Didn't work then and won't work now.

1 minute ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Supporters have to mobilise and contact their clubs about this. We can’t let this happen it’s so disrespectful to lower leagues. 

I don’t pay me season ticket to watch a Fecken 18year old old firm player who will 3 years later be sent out on loan to us or someone else like us then never seen again. 

I won’t be going and if passed I urge every supporter to boycott any game involving a Colt team!

Supporters did so last time, and in good numbers, and most clubs took heed. Hopefully those clubs remember that.

The L2 clubs would also lose a home game (17, not 18) and would have an almost certain boycott in place for another 2. They would lose more than they would gain.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They tried a bribe the last time. Think it was something like they'd buy up a certain amount of away tickets for every single game, regardless of if fans used them or not.

Didn't work then and won't work now.

I think it was almost exactly the same one too. The Challenge Cup had already demonstrated that the travelling support for Premiership kids' teams was worse than anything League 2 had to offer.

Combined with Forest_Fifer's point above, it's derisory. I'm glad they've so little respect for the other clubs; we might be in trouble otherwise.

All it takes is for 2 or 3 SPFL Premiership clubs to come out and say:

‘ Under no circumstances will we be voting for reconstruction this summer ‘

Gordon Scott, Roy McGregor, Steve Brown, Allan Maitland, Billy Bowie, Leeann Dempster...

Let at least 3 of you come out together and finish this nonsense.