League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

That is unbelievable, a big f**k off to just about everyone in football. And Celtic are putting their name behind it too? The old firm is back.

Nah, that would imply continuity. They need another name, like the New Firm. That conglomerate is defunct and, in fact, existed only in fevered tabloid minds.

They are so utterly, utterly desperate to get their excess squad playing competitive games, and so deeply powerless to enforce it. Our club chairmen have many faults, but the vast majority will be able to see that, if they decide to turn their clubs into no more than sparring partners for the fat cats, they'd be as well just not coming back after the restart.

10 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Suddenly Hearts are  no longer public enemy number one any more.

The Old Firm are re-taking their long held positions.

First thoughts are is this separate to or in addition the Budge 5 year plan?

campaign_just-say-no-20160307114533759.j

7 minutes ago, flood said:

It has maybe been put back out there, in the hope of making hearts proposal for 14-14-14 seem palatable 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5672314/hearts-budge-reconstruction-plan-dead/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

Some people are suggesting it's such a bad proposal just to make Hearts 3x 14's seem better by comparison, but surely Rangers don't really care whether it's a top 12 or 14 all that much?

I can only think Rangers are either just attention seeking and missing the limelight Budge has stolen recently, or they're genuinely thick and believe they can force colt teams through, or they simply enjoy having their initiatives rejected so they can play up the "everyone is against us" aspect to their fans.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I thought 14-10-10-10 sounded doable, no real losers that I can think of, especially with the Budge (philanthropist) bung.. Did anyone actually suggest it?

The League 2 clubs said they would block it.

I support the move by Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers to have colt teams in the lower leagues, It is about putting Scottish football first. Not petty jealousy against the big sides. If Celtic and Rangers give more young players a chance who go on to be international players for Scotland then that is a good movie. I put the national team above everything. 
What I do not understand is people who one minute go on about how we need less teams in the league, because they do not repsect the part time teams, then the next minute claim they are standing up for part time teams when they are against Colt teams playing in the lower divisions.
I support having as many teams as possible in the league. If a team can support a strong B team in the league system they should be allowed to.
I support b teams and the part time teams.  
The fact is this (playing colt or b teams in the lower tiers) happens in so many countries notticably Croatia (a small country than Scotland who reached the World Cup Final), France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, the Netherlands, where they put developing players for the international teams above petty jealousy against the bigger sides. 
I do not support Celtic or Rangers. I support Scottish football having a system in place that develops top international players and clubs who can do well in Europe.  Some people could not care less about that. All they care about is a dinosaur mentality of making Scottish football smaller and worse. 
If you want Scottish football to fail, then be a dinosaur. 

I would support all the big sides having colt teams in the league. 

I also support part time teams being strong.  Putting B teams in the lower leagues does not contradict that, 

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The League 2 clubs said they would block it.

Was that back in the day when Elgin claimed to be speaking for all the clubs and some chairman said it was the first he'd heard of it, or more recently? Are they really that scared of Brora and Kelty?

Edited by welshbairn

Hearts fans have some cheek to be moaning about a rich Scottish club trying to bribe smaller clubs for their own gain.

You opened this window, and now the vermin have crept in, and they're bigger and richer than you.

Well done Hearts.

Edited by RandomGuy.

No way for colt teams don't even want them in the challenge cup. Not sure how it will do that much for Celtic and Rangers they would be better loaning to other premier teams as they do now and championship teams.  14 in each of the top 2 tiers is a lot. WIth all due respect to Montrose and East Fife if they do get to the 2nd tier they need to get there on merit like Alloa and Arboath have. Championship will become mostly part time soon enough. 

To address the current situation so at least no one is worse off that they would be otherwise make premiership 14 for a season let Hearts and Inverness in. Bottom 3 got down and 11th as usual goes in play off. After that we have 12 team 2nd tier which is probably better as end of season split there will be more meaningful. Say even in normal circumstances if the championship said they wanted 12 team league would anyone below have an real issue.  

In among the shite of B teams which won't fly, I think this part of the idea is a good start in terms of bridging the gap between youth teams at 17 and first team football at 21:

"Alternatively, they could forge strategic partnerships with lower-league outfits that would allow up to six players, plus one coach to be loaned by the Premiership club;
Those partnerships would have a minimum three-year commitment and would cease if the lower-league club reaches the top flight."

It keeps B teams out the pyramid and addresses the problem of lack of first team football for elite younger players. The only problems are that it will put some part time players out of a league contract and whether fans of lower league clubs would accept players.

However I do like the idea of a bigger loan system to help aid development. It has to be done in a way that helps lower league clubs also, but it would help bridge the development gap. Done on a relatively local/regional level partnership wise, it could strengthen ties.

However I am just a big romantic, it won't happen.

" Let's rehash that Colts proposal from the other year and put it out there again under the guise of being the saviours of lower league Scottish football during a pandemic , the daft cnuts will go for it , 100% ".

f**k off Rangers and Celtic ( if they're in bed with them on this ) . Just get yourselves so far to f**k and take your Colts with you . Playing on smaller teams current financial difficulties by dangling a carrot to try and force through an agenda that is wholly for your own benefit is low even for those arseholes . This proposal should , and will be  booted clean into the sea by all right thinking chairmen .

Tell rangers to bolt , tell Budge to f**k up , get Hearts doon , and put an end to this whole fucking farce . Motherwell have a European assault to concentrate on without any of these stupid distractions ffs .