League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 hours ago, Ric said:

"Got a link?"

"Aye, here's a screenshot of someone's twitter."

🤦‍♂️

If anybody fancies finding out quite how much high school French they remember 

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Le-conseil-d-etat-se-prononcera-lundi-ou-mardi-sur-les-cas-de-lyon-amiens-et-toulouse/1140450

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

My French is passable, when I am in France, when I'm out of the culture it returns to near ignorance at times.

However c'est une payant.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:
12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:
Relegation from the Belgian league ruled "illegal".

When did Hearts start playing in the Belgian league?

When did we start playing in the French league? Yet it's being discussed.

Stop being deliberately obtuse.

The best part will be when the Belgian and French leagues reverse ending of the league, only for the SPFL to continue with theirs because a vote was taken rather than the decision taken by the governing body on it's own. The seethe would be palpable.

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I can remember "Les coeurs son merdes." Can't remember what it means, tbh.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

The best part will be when the Belgian and French leagues reverse ending of the league, only for the SPFL to continue with theirs because a vote was taken rather than the decision taken by the governing body on it's own. The seethe would be palpable.

I was about to ask a question along these lines. Surely it’s totally different if these leagues were finished purely by the governing body and not a democratic vote involving all clubs? 

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

I was about to ask a question along these lines. Surely it’s totally different if these leagues were finished purely by the governing body and not a democratic vote involving all clubs? 

Who knows, at this stage I'm the guy up on the first floor watching all the drunkards fighting as they get chucked out after last orders. Anything that happens is hilarious. Hearts relegated, Hearts saved, the league null and voided, the league called, United promoted, United not promoted, etc, etc..

Excuse my ignorance but are all the grumblings coming from clubs who would have got relegated anyway, bar for a Lazarus (think that's right) type finish to the season ? I know that great escapes DO happen, and clubs make late surges, but come on. Maybe a side clear at the top could refuse promotion coz they'd get whipped in the lge above - don't declare us champions 😱

12 minutes ago, Ric said:

Who knows, at this stage I'm the guy up on the first floor watching all the drunkards fighting as they get chucked out after last orders. Anything that happens is hilarious. Hearts relegated, Hearts saved, the league null and voided, the league called, United promoted, United not promoted, etc, etc..

You missed the option where the court insists St Mirren play their outstanding games with 3 pros, the tea lady and Tony Fitzpatrick shoe-horned into a pair of size 44 shorts

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

You missed the option where the court insists St Mirren play their outstanding games with 3 pros, the tea lady and Tony Fitzpatrick shoe-horned into a pair of size 44 shorts

Seeing as you couldn't beat us last time, or beat the teams in the 11th and 10th positions, I'm not sure what makes you think you'd manage to do that now. More so considering you've equally let a large chunk of your team go.

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Tea lady would still outpace your central defenders and deftly nudge the ball teapot in hand in order to shoot past your keeper...

44 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Relegation from the Belgian league ruled "illegal".

30 minutes ago, Ric said:

The Belgian clubs did vote to end the league.

4 minutes ago, btb said:

Tea lady would still outpace your central defenders and deftly nudge the ball teapot in hand in order to shoot past your keeper...

I would expect successful businessman Gordon Scott to put in a set of tearful Sportsound interviews while being soft soaped by Tom English, then try bribing the league and finally launch court proceedings to stop the injustice. After all, some people seem to think that is the way to do things. ;)