League Reconstruction 20/21 season

10 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

So we've single handedly saved all the football clubs in leagues 1 and 2? And what exactly is every other club in Scotland bringing to the table during this time of crisis? 

Stick it on our honours list alongside winning WWI

Understandable that the people who have dedicated 100s of posts to this thread are raging at the moon at the prospect certainty of Scotland's establishment club preventing an unjust demotion after a 3/4 completed season. 

(thanks Ann Budge!)

Reveal hidden contents

:trumppout: 

Lovely cast there. I expect you'll hook a few.

I'm still about 80% in the 'we're going to court' camp.  I'll be shocked if we're not playing in the Championship next season.

Lovely cast there. I expect you'll hook a few.

I'm still about 80% in the 'we're going to court' camp.  I'll be shocked if we're not playing in the Championship next season.

All the various parts have been put back in motion so I’ve downgraded that from “I’d be shocked if we’re not” to “I’d be surprised if we’re not”

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

All the various parts have been put back in motion so I’ve downgraded that from “I’d be shocked if we’re not” to “I’d be surprised if we’re not”

It's one of those irregular verbs. "I'd be shocked", "We'd be surprised", "They'd be disappointed".

39 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I'm still about 80% in the 'we're going to court' camp.

I'm still at a loss as to what exactly the legal stand point could be. Successful businesswoman Ann Budge has had ample opportunity to put forward a plan, she has had the backing of the league body to do so and if the members of the league vote against it, where is the beef? It can't be about the league ending early because if that was the case then court proceedings should have been filed the minute the decision was made.

Just now, Ric said:

I'm still at a loss as to what exactly the legal stand point could be. Successful businesswoman Ann Budge has had ample opportunity to put forward a plan, she has had the backing of the league body to do so and if the members of the league vote against it, where is the beef? It can't be about the league ending early because if that was the case then court proceedings should have been filed the minute the decision was made.

I'm similar.

I could be wrong but I just can't see the legal grounds here.

League democratically ended, reconstruction proposed and ultimately failed, again through all the right channels, where else is there to go?

She’s fair flogging that’s dead horse isn’t she.

She must know herself that there is absolutely zero chance of this being passed. Guess it’s all a show for the lunatic fringe of the Hearts fan base.

14 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Ah, thanks. Sounds like not as bad as I thought then. 

Is there any possibility of an SPL-style breakaway if the top league voted for it? That would cut out the need to obtain lower league support, wouldn't it?

14-10-10-10 would take Falkirk and PTFC back up to the championship. So bad enough financially for all others in that division.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm similar.

I could be wrong but I just can't see the legal grounds here.

League democratically ended, reconstruction proposed and ultimately failed, again through all the right channels, where else is there to go?

Successful businesswoman Ann Budge didn't become a successful businesswoman by allowing such minor inconveniences like have virtually no grounds on which to base a case hold her back. 

Hearts fans levels of delusion here really are wonderful to watch. 

12 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Successful businesswoman Ann Budge didn't become a successful businesswoman by allowing such minor inconveniences like have virtually no grounds on which to base a case hold her back. 

Hearts fans levels of delusion here really are wonderful to watch. 

25 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I can't imagine Rangers fans will be happy at all (are they ever?). The authorities appear to be trying harder to keep Hearts in the top league than they did the ***s. 

Ouch.

e445cd15a6249e21c047cfd05a6b7035.jpg

32 minutes ago, Ric said:

It can't be about the league ending early because if that was the case then court proceedings should have been filed the minute the decision was made.

What makes you think that?

In England she'd have six years to bring action - is it really one minute in Scots law?

28 minutes ago, Ric said:

All I know is that Ann Budge believes she has a legal case against the SPFL.  The SPFL have a Duty of Care for all members under common law and Restriction of Trade has also been mentioned.  I'm not even going to attempt to debate the legal stand point as I wouldn't know where to begin.  I do understand that couple of QC's have advised her that she has a strong case.  I also understand that it can  help your case if you can prove in court you have tried every possible alternative avenue prior to taking the legal route.

37 minutes ago, Ric said:

Agree, she's waited too long. But the injured party does still have a responsibility to mitigate their loss.

Just now, Mr. X said:

All I know is that Ann Budge believes she has a legal case against the SPFL.  The SPFL have a Duty of Care for all members under common law and Restriction of Trade has also been mentioned.  I'm not even going to attempt to debate the legal stand point as I wouldn't know where to begin.  I do understand that couple of QC's have advised her that she has a strong case.  I also understand that it can  help your case if you can prove in court you have tried every possible alternative avenue prior to taking the legal route.

Yes, Your Honour, I tried everything. I even asked my pal to pay them.

1 minute ago, Stag Nation said:

What makes you think that?

In England she'd have six years to bring action - is it really one minute in Scots law?

No, nothing to do with statute of limitations, more that it makes any legal case on the basis of the league finishing early weaker.

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

I also understand that it can  help your case if you can prove in court you have tried every possible alternative avenue prior to taking the legal route.

And that's just the right thing to do anyway

Of all the things that Budge can be criticised for, attempting to find a settlement that is acceptable to everyone as opposed to litigating at the first possible opportunity should be a long way down the list.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

She would have to go to CAS before being able to say every possible avenue has been tried.

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

I also understand that it can  help your case if you can prove in court you have tried every possible alternative avenue prior to taking the legal route.

Avoiding the steps that led Hearts to being bottom of the league should have been first imo.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Avoiding the steps that led Hearts to being bottom of the league should have been first imo.

That's a good one.

You should be disappointed if you don't get some greenies from the Hibbys at least. :)