League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, santheman said:

The question is If Hearts manage to stay in the top division will their fans boycott everyone else because of all the nasty stuff  being said about them on here.

No it’s being played behind closed doors so we’re boycotting all teams home & away 😊

Edited by Gorgie greatness

So we've single handedly saved all the football clubs in leagues 1 and 2? And what exactly is every other club in Scotland bringing to the table during this time of crisis? 

Stick it on our honours list alongside winning WWI

Understandable that the people who have dedicated 100s of posts to this thread are raging at the moon at the prospect certainty of Scotland's establishment club preventing an unjust demotion after a 3/4 completed season. 

(thanks Ann Budge!)

Spoiler

:trumppout: 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

There must be a form of reconstruction that could pass but would still mean Hearts getting demoted.

The only form of reconstruction that reflects their poor form over the last 18 months plus Partick to L2.

On the down side let's you lot, Ayr ,Dundee and Falkirk (championship) etc go up at least there is some football merit in that.

Nice £2,000,000 cash injection but does not solve any real issues as it's not a significant amount v running costs of each team.

Had the money went to the Championship to cover costs for playing behind closed doors that and season ticket streaming might have worked and the man would have made a significant impact.

Edited by Paisley Ton

Budge could probably have had the 5 year deal beak in April without having to divvy up Anderson's cash with the other 41 clubs.....

SPFL: Neil Doncaster asks clubs about 14-team top flight for five years

….at least it should be all over by tea-time on Friday! 

Budge could probably have had the 5 year deal beak in April without having to divvy up Anderson's cash with the other 41 clubs.....
SPFL: Neil Doncaster asks clubs about 14-team top flight for five years
….at least it should be all over by tea-time on Friday! 

The plot twists just keep coming

Would be great if all premiership teams say yeah to 14 team top league for next year. 

Though it has to follow sporting integrity and relegate hearts and promote ICT and Dundee. 

No relegation from premiership next year, so hearts attempted bribes get them two years at least in championship...if they survive 

Edited by flood

55 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Jubilant Hearts fans might want to watch a rerun of Dave Cormacks interview on The  Nine 5 minutes ago.

kelly rowland GIF

Aberdeen firmly against this mental 5 year reconstruction, are conscious that the new season isn’t far away and the uncertainty isn’t helpful.  Times running out for Budgie.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

£10m to SKY - it's probably even worse than that. Link below says Ladbrokes deal was £2m pa. 5 years = £10m and it's been chucked at SKY to avoid a bigger cash repayment now?  So £11.5m gone. And that's out of just £18/19m you say? For missing out on just the last 20% of the season? And you don't think BCD is going to see SKY find a way to renegotiate the £25m contract from 1st August? No wonder the SPFL is showing some interest in James Anderson's relatively small  £2m or £4m or whatever it is. 

Again, show us one piece of evidence that Sky will be either:

a) sponsoring the SPFL next season

b) sponsoring it for free to settle the repayment

Tip: you can't as nothing has actually been said along those line other than pure speculation - speculation I might add that was all before today's announcement. I mean, surely if Sky had struck a deal to be sponsoring the league to cover the repayments, today would have been the ideal opportunity to announce this alongside the 'we have struck a deal with Sky to pay them back over 5 years' statement.

Would you not concede that maybe, just maybe, the paying back of the £1.5m over the next 5 years is actually instead of sponsoring the league, rather than on top of it? In your own head, you need to realise this is a far more likely scenario than handing over £11m for 8 missed rounds of matches.

You're an absolute fantasist who pulls numbers out of thin air with no basis in reality.

Again, show us one piece of evidence that Sky will be either:
a) sponsoring the SPFL next season
b) sponsoring it for free to settle the repayment
Tip: you can't as nothing has actually been said along those line other than pure speculation - speculation I might add that was all before today's announcement. I mean, surely if Sky had struck a deal to be sponsoring the league to cover the repayments, today would have been the ideal opportunity to announce this alongside the 'we have struck a deal with Sky to pay them back over 5 years' statement.
Would you not concede that maybe, just maybe, the paying back of the £1.5m over the next 5 years is actually instead of sponsoring the league, rather than on top of it? In your own head, you need to realise this is a far more likely scenario than handing over £11m for 8 missed rounds of matches.
You're an absolute fantasist who pulls numbers out of thin air with no basis in reality.
It's from the same support who talked themselves into "we owe the money to ourselves". What were you expecting exactly?

So, hearts who have said they would make make three million pound more if they stayed up, have offered a 2 million pound bribe to Scotish football.

So hearts get to stay up and still make a 1 million profit? Meanwhile, a couple of other clubs get shafted a few year down the line and no  money or reconstruction will be able to help them?

Hearts and everything about them are a complete fraud.

A lot of Hibs fans will walk if the club backs this pish. Be warned Leanne. Remember you backed judas Kamberi over Lennon, that was a small beer cluster fck.

I’ve seen some lame empty boycott promises in my time (and they haven’t all been on kickback) but this one is particularly ridiculous

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’ve seen some lame empty boycott promises in my time (and they haven’t all been on kickback) but this one is particularly ridiculous

No its not, its fan power.We know Hibs will do the right thing here but its just to let Hibs know, if Hibs voted to keep hearts up a decent percentage will walk away.

Integrity matters.

5 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

A lot of Hibs fans will walk if the club backs this pish. Be warned Leanne. Remember you backed judas Kamberi over Lennon, that was a small beer cluster fck.

Leeann perhaps?

20 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

A virtual walkout?

Perhaps via the medium of Zoom? 😆

I think folk are jumping to conclusions re Doncaster's letter re reconstruction and James Anderson's input.

I suspect Doncaster has always been favourable of a way to have Hearts in the league but ultimately it's the clubs decision. I still can't see reconstruction getting anywhere near enough support.

The only way I see that changing is if the Championship is heavily truncated due to clubs unable to compete.