Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf have the ever clarified that they will finish the Scottish Cup yet?

Until its entering a time where it will impact on next seasons competition then what's the point of cancelling it?

The league season is obviously different as budgets/prize money/squad planning/fixture planning would all be fucked if you extended this one indefinitely. 

I think they have said they will definitely play it, but want it done in front of crowds so could be 2021.

The problem with next season's SC is if your lower league SPFL clubs and beyond can't play until God knows when then how do you start it?

I genuinely can’t believe there are people still arguing the season could have been finished. We’re going around in circles here, it’s been discussed in this thread 5-6 times. 

Only one predictable person is saying it - the one who thinks Rangers could have stopped 9iar

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think they have said they will definitely play it, but want it done in front of crowds so could be 2021.

The problem with next season's SC is if your lower league SPFL clubs and beyond can't play until God knows when then how do you start it?

If hearts went on to win it and not get the Europe spot Budgie would have a hairy canary.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Finishing the cup is ludicrous tbh.  Could be talking 8 months or so between rounds and we'll be in a different league to where we started the competition.  Even the thought of playing Hibs holds no appeal and normally I'd be buzzing for it.  If the season is over, so too should the cups be.

46 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

For clarification, I wasn't suggesting that the European place was more important than winning the cup. I doubt Hibs fans will remember who knocked them out of Europe in fifty years

50 years? A mere moment in time.  I remember it was Stade de Reims that beat them in the SEMI-FINAL of the first European Cup in 1956.

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Finishing the cup is ludicrous tbh.  Could be talking 8 months or so between rounds and we'll be in a different league to where we started the competition.  Even the thought of playing Hibs holds no appeal and normally I'd be buzzing for it.  If the season is over, so too should the cups be.

Got to disagree. I’d be happy to play it any time in the next year or so - even with a different squad. But then I would have been happy finishing off this season any time in the next year or so. None of this Saints-style whingeing about “ oh but we will have released players”

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The main purpose of winning the Scottish Cup isn't to provide a route to Europe, it's winning the Scottish Cup. If my team had made it to the Scottish Cup semi-final then I'd be pretty keen for it to go ahead so that we had the chance of winning it.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf have the ever clarified that they will finish the Scottish Cup yet?

Until its entering a time where it will impact on next seasons competition then what's the point of cancelling it?

The league season is obviously different as budgets/prize money/squad planning/fixture planning would all be fucked if you extended this one indefinitely. 

I see common sense has prevailed 

Scottish Premiership clubs can stream games & sell virtual tickets - BBC Sport

Edited by wastecoatwilly

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

All this talk of virtual season tickets, just thinking If you want the real matchday feel for an away game at Celtic, may I suggest covering half your tv set with a towel or sit directly behind your sweeping brush... 

27 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Tend to agree with this. It's a fairly easy cash grab by the SFA to hold off in the hope that it can be played some time. Mind you, it's not as mental as the lower leagues in England cancelling the rest of their league seasons and then playing the playoffs as normal. That means the playoff teams (e.g. Exeter City) are playing a do-or-die playoff game three weeks after resuming training, and over three months since they last played a game.

8 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

All this talk of virtual season tickets, just thinking If you want the real matchday feel for an away game at Celtic, may I suggest covering half your tv set with a towel or sit directly behind your sweeping brush... 

Hand over a fiver to a local urchin to "look after yer motor".

Edited by JamesM82

5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Or just move to the lazy bhoy.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Or just move to the lazy bhoy.

Romeo?

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Careful zippy, hurtful remarks.

I can't see Romeo resorting to that, it's not his style.

4 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Doncaster doing what he can to keep reconstruction alive. Now suggesting "temporary" could mean five years, rather than two. Still runs into the problem of what happens when the time's up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52905133

Just seen that...

I personally think it’s disgusting that Doncaster is trying to push this so hard of behalf of Hearts. If the clubs don’t want temporary reconstruction as proposed then let them vote and reject it, instead of trying to offer alternatives and dragging it out.

They were relegated on their own sporting inability, and this protracted attempt to keep them up is not only embarrassing, but it’s a slap in the face to all of the other clubs in Scottish football who lose out in the proposed reconstruction and if they were in Hearts position wouldn’t have been given the time of day.

So this explains why we have hardly heard anything when it was supposed to be dealt with on Monday...

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Isn't this the sort post that you complained about receiving from celtic fans?

You've put a fair words into my mouth and presumed a lot too but an agenda is an agenda after all.

Maybe I did, I can’t remember what I posted yesterday, never mind before then. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

Just seen that...

I personally think it’s disgusting that Doncaster is trying to push this so hard of behalf of Hearts. If the clubs don’t want temporary reconstruction as proposed then let them vote and reject it, instead of trying to offer alternatives and dragging it out.

They were relegated on their own sporting inability, and this protracted attempt to keep them up is not only embarrassing, but it’s a slap in the face to all of the other clubs in Scottish football who lose out in the proposed reconstruction and if they were in Hearts position wouldn’t have been given the time of day.

So this explains why we have hardly heard anything when it was supposed to be dealt with on Monday...

TBF it's probably an arse-covering exercise in case Hearts do go through a legal process. "We made every effort, but some clubs were opposed to every form of reconstruction, so it just wasn't possible".

Edited by JamesM82

13 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Doncaster doing what he can to keep reconstruction alive. Now suggesting "temporary" could mean five years, rather than two. Still runs into the problem of what happens when the time's up.

The bribe starting to take hold.

What would it take for reconstruction to be accepted?

Keep Hearts doon and promote Dundee.

16 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

He must be trolling; responses by 17:00 on Friday 😬