League Reconstruction 20/21 season

5 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

'It has since been clarified that Budge's focus is on a 14-team top tier, with the lower league clubs agreeing on whatever configuration suits them.'

It's this bit that gets me...so the proposal was for the good of all teams but it's now clarified that what she really meant was 14 team top league (with Hearts obviously) and the rest can feck off and sort themselves out...aye ok then Anne

Ian Murray MP was sounding off in the papers this morning, saying that "all the teams in a promotion place [automatic or playoffs] should be promoted, and nobody demoted". Obviously forgetting that 3rd and 4th are also playoff places, which mean that he would have to put Dundee and Ayr in the Premiership as well.

Edited by JamesM82

2 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

'It has since been clarified that Budge's focus is on a 14-team top tier, with the lower league clubs agreeing on whatever configuration suits them.'

It's this bit that gets me...so the proposal was for the good of all teams but it's now clarified that what she really meant was 14 team top league (with Hearts obviously) and the rest can feck off and sort themselves out...aye ok then Anne

Blatant Diddyism from Budge.

Time for a demo outside Tynecastle. Get the placards ready, "DIDDY TEAMS MATTER".

A 5 year temporary reconstruction.  In a bizarre coincidence that’s the same length of the sky deal.  Answers on a postcard as to what happens when that’s over.  Get fucking down.  I honestly don’t think sevco stooped to this levels of desperation.  

f**k it why not just buy Ross County and move them down to Gorgie.

1 minute ago, JamesM82 said:

Ian Murray MP was sounding off in the papers this morning, saying that "all the teams in a promotion place [automatic or playoffs] should be promoted, and nobody demoted". Obviously forgetting that 3rd and 4th are also playoff places, which mean that he would have to put Dundee and Ayr in the Premiership as well.

No trolling intended at all but would Somerset Park be allowed to hold top level league games? I've not been in years but i'd have thought they may have to limit attendance if there was any chance at all of even going up via a play off?

Also, following the vote to end the season have Hearts 'resigned' their share at the top table and been accepted into the Championship yet? If it has happened, wouldn't Hearts currently be in one of the lower leagues that needed to sort themselves out? If so then go for the 14 with Hearts staying down and ICT and Dundee coming up...Hearts can slum it with the rest of us and work out what we should do...

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Weren't we told that if we finished the season early and called it as it was then we wouldn't have to pay a rebate to sky.

Looks like Sevco was right...

No we weren’t told that.

22 minutes ago, Early1981 said:

This is getting very tiresome now! Will Dundee threaten legal action if ICTFC get promoted automatically instead of them 🤷‍♂️

Probably not, but if there was a complaint it'd probably be easier to argue against Hearts, i.e. the Club 12 season.

1 hour ago, Kobe2010 said:

Hearts cruised the championship with a side made up of young players from the academy and a couple of good signings.Since returning to the top flight you have reverted to blowing large budgets on rubbish.For a club that thinks its the third club in Scotland its a joke how you are run.Four wins all season and 57 points behind Celtic.You are about as relevant in Scottish football as the patsies that are wheeled out to play the Harlem Globetrotters.The board and management of you,re club have relegated you,nobody else.

Yet your chairman is being asked by the league if you can accommodate us 😀😀

Every story needs a beginning, a middle and an end. It needs to pull you in, it needs to keep you in and then it needs to be finished, with a twist.

B Doncaster is a cockwomble" 

M : "Budge is an idiot. Doncaster is right!"

E : "f**k Doncaster and Budge".

Well played, Anne. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Finishing the cup is ludicrous tbh.  Could be talking 8 months or so between rounds and we'll be in a different league to where we started the competition.  Even the thought of playing Hibs holds no appeal and normally I'd be buzzing for it.  If the season is over, so too should the cups be.

The SPFL have called the league seasons. The SFA have said that they will do everything to finish the Scottish Cup. Makes perfect sense to me. Who cares if it’s different players, it’s the clubs that are in the semi finals. 

1 hour ago, JamesM82 said:

Tend to agree with this. It's a fairly easy cash grab by the SFA to hold off in the hope that it can be played some time. Mind you, it's not as mental as the lower leagues in England cancelling the rest of their league seasons and then playing the playoffs as normal. That means the playoff teams (e.g. Exeter City) are playing a do-or-die playoff game three weeks after resuming training, and over three months since they last played a game.

Hand over a fiver to a local urchin to "look after yer motor".

You think that's worse than not giving teams a chance for promotion/relegation based on a play off result?

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The SPFL have called the league seasons. The SFA have said that they will do everything to finish the Scottish Cup. Makes perfect sense to me. Who cares if it’s different players, it’s the clubs that are in the semi finals. 

When are the first ties of the preliminary rounds for 2021-22 Scottish Cup scheduled to be played ? As long as it is possible (Covid-19 permitting) to complete the three outstanding matches prior to the commencement of the upcoming season's tournament then I don't see any reason not to go ahead.