League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Cherry picking and pomposity from the usually sensible Rick, did you used to post as Captain Sensible or have I got the wrong guy?

Your putting words in my mouth here Rick, ofcourse games haven't been played yet. Could we have fitted in 8 games plus the new season from August onwards, scrapped the winter break and shortened the league cup.....

Your second point is invalidated by the associations plan to continue the Scottish cup.

Ofcourse it would be daft not to mention your self interest in seeing St Mirren safe from relegation.   So there wasn't only one option available but everyman and his dug already knows that.

You agree the games haven't been played? Good, that's my first point one proven. To paraphrase Bon Jovi, 'we are half way there'.

As for the second point, we are discussing the calling of the league which is a significantly different competition to the Cup. Personally I think they should just scrap the cup for this season too.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Talk of "virtual" season tickets. 

I take it UEFA are happy for clubs to do this, by broadcasting at normal kick off times? I thought there was something against that. 

It's the UK associations who demand that, lots of countries have no rules about it.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

It's the UK associations who demand that, lots of countries have no rules about it.

Really? Maybe I'm getting mixed up with something else... maybe the Champions League games? No other games to be broadcast at the same time? 

Good news that though, hopefully any proposals on that front will be beneficial for all the clubs. Maybe they could even introduce a single pot for all this and distribute across everyone? 

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Really? Maybe I'm getting mixed up with something else... maybe the Champions League games? No other games to be broadcast at the same time? 

Good news that though, hopefully any proposals on that front will be beneficial for all the clubs. Maybe they could even introduce a single pot for all this and distribute across everyone? 

UEFA rules allow each association to nominate a window in which TV broadcasters are not allowed to show football (from any country) within their region. The UK nations are amongst a handful (perhaps even the only ones) who still choose to do this, and picked 2:45-5:15 on a Saturday. That was waived temporarily during the coronavirus, which is why BT have been able to broadcast Bundesliga on a Saturday afternoon.

This streaming income is essentially replacing ticket sales in an attempt to mitigate some of the costs that clubs will incur by putting games on behind closed doors, so I don't think it will be distributed in that way - it's not being operated centrally, each club will be selling their own packages.

Edited by craigkillie

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

In your dreams 

ALL and I mean ALL old firm away games are on Sky 

There is not a hope in hells chance that this pair of shitsters are goin to share their home games with anyone

39 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Did you not read the quote in my post where a Scottish government minister said that group training would not be permitted. If group training isn't even permitted then how on earth could you expect football to be played?

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

When the call was made I had no beef with Celtic being crowned, they were comfortably ahead, but did think it was incredibly unfair on Partick, Hearts and Stranraer in that order as well as Brora/Kelty.

I genuinely expected the majority of Scottish football fans to be incensed at this injustice BUT in actual fact the vast majority of feedback on P&B and Twitter has been "Ha Ha we fucking hate Hearts...get doon!!".

I think that was probably the response from most Hibees on here, whilst the rest of us felt it was an unfortunate, but necessary injustice.

But then along came BudgieGirl, and her machinations, and attitudes, shall we say, hardened.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

A threat as empty as your head.

Hearts fans throughout this:

"DO THAT AND WE'LL TAKE YOU TO COURT!

"DO THAT AND WE'LL BOYCOTT ALL YOUR GROUNDS"

"DO THAT AND OUR INVESTOR WILL WALK AWAY"

And not one person have given a single f**k.

You've got no power here lads.

You’re just shouting random stuff here but I would love to hear what power YOU have on here. 
Just saying that there should be some respect shown towards Budge for bringing JA to the table. 

43 minutes ago, bennett said:

Actually wasn't there reports of the big hitter offering Dundee a highly lucrative friendly.....

Cherry picking and pomposity from the usually sensible Rick, did you used to post as Captain Sensible or have I got the wrong guy?

Your putting words in my mouth here Rick, ofcourse games haven't been played yet. Could we have fitted in 8 games plus the new season from August onwards, scrapped the winter break and shortened the league cup.....

Your second point is invalidated by the associations plan to continue the Scottish cup.

Ofcourse it would be daft not to mention your self interest in seeing St Mirren safe from relegation.   So there wasn't only one option available but everyman and his dug already knows that. 

There were definitely reports of a friendly as part of that whole vote nonsense although I wonder if that will be shelved now as it would be rather obvious if it took place. 

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I hope that is true do you think it is sevco so they can prepare for Leverkusen?

No idea what's happening with the European games.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Selling Tierney was one years Tv deal plus Lawwwell has already said one year out of three in the champions league is what Celtic budget for.

Yes, but every year they can be sure of a couple of rounds of qualifiers, a few glamour pre-season friendlies, and usually Europa League football, if out of the CL. With £85m turnover, Celtic had more than anybody to fear from a delayed start to the new season. The SKY money is chicken feed to them, they need bums on seats and season ticket sales (how are they doing)? Or Dermot D to put some money in.

Yours,

A. Pygmy

2 hours ago, bennett said:

No they wouldn't have written off the tv deal, that's pretty disingenuous from you and you know it. The games could have easily been played, broadcast on sky and the contract fulfilled without any loss of income.

Then we could have started the following season but one team had to have their way and to hell with everyone else. 

You'll throw out more insults but we all know the truth,  the rush to finish the league absolutely stinks.

A few things here.  

“The games could easily have been played” - on what universe?

”one team had to have their way” - I presume that you’re referring to Motherwell cheating their way to third. (third with an asterisk forever)

One team that are obviously happy that the season was called early is Rangers, due to the fact that they only ended up 13 points behind Celtic rather the totally embarrassing 20 odd that it would have been if the games had all been played.

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'd say using the plural is a tad optimistic.

Best team in the world when no football can be played. A team that can win a 9 game league starting from 13 points and 25 goals down could easily win the Europa League...

37 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Talk of "virtual" season tickets. 

I take it UEFA are happy for clubs to do this, by broadcasting at normal kick off times? I thought there was something against that. 

It was agreed weeks ago that matches can be shown at 3.00 on a Saturday during this crisis.