League Reconstruction 20/21 season

49 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's a confusing thing, if successful businesswoman is so good at this sort of thing, why did she make such a rip roaring arse of keeping Hearts a top division team?

That's an essay question but for a short answer:

After years of Hearts fans moaning that the owner should just hire a footbal person to make the football decisions and trust them to get on with it Budge did just that and it failed spectacularly.

13 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Stay classy? When talking about The Daily Record / Sunday Mail? Classy like this?

7485A06A-5652-40C0-9947-2A2DD4833E0B.jpeg

I wonder when we can expect Darren Fletcher to make a donation? I wonder if he'd have taken an offer from a team here? "Aye Darren, it's 10% of your present salary, but you'd be helping us sell the game."

6 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Oliver Bozanic, Clevid Dikamona, Jay Nwanze, Brodie Strang, Craig Levein, Austin MacPhee, Jack Wilson, Donis Avdijaj, Daniel Baur, Marcel Langer, Steven MacLean, Alex Petkov, Kelby Mason, Dean Ritchie, Rory Currie, Ryotaro Meshino, Joel Pereira and Toby Sibbick.

Sun is reporting 18 people, sorry.

As for your second point, the donor was known to frequent the director's box at games, and almost certainly got to meet all the players as part of being wined and dined at Tynecastle. He's almost certainly met every first team player as well as the managing staff, and of course people in a workplace gossip to one another. It's unlikely that none of the seventeen or eighteen folk knew.

2 managers, 3 loanees, 1 who quit at lockdown. So 12, who are not having their contracts renewed. Or"fired" as you say.

You reckon, while studiously not publicly naming the benefactor, Ann would have introduced them post match - "Hey James, meet Joel. He's just cost us 3 points".   "Joel, meet James, he's just donated £3m to us".

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That's an essay question but for a short answer:

After years of Hearts fans moaning that the owner should just hire a footbal person to make the football decisions and trust them to get on with it Budge did just that and it failed spectacularly.

She hired Craig Levein.

Mr 6-4-0, the only Scotland manager worse than Berti Vogts.

A football man ? Honestly ?

17 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You reckon, while studiously not publicly naming the benefactor, Ann would have introduced them post match - "Hey James, meet Joel. He's just cost us 3 points".   "Joel, meet James, he's just donated £3m to us".

I reckon that at some point over the 4 years, this face who keeps showing up on matchday in the director's box would get known to the people who worked at Tynecastle, and the word would have surely leaked out as to who he was. You're absolutely certain that it was the  SPFL that blew this guy's identity within 24 hours, but you're finding it hard to believe that the entirety of Heart of Midlothian Football Club with it's rolling turnover of dozens of staff members might have some significant chance of leaking the identity of their high-profile multi-million pound donor, over a period of about 4 years - or that this Anderson guy blew his own cover.

You have some bizarre sense of absolute faith in the absolute honour and rectitude of Heart of Midlothian football club, of all organizations, I'll give you that.

Edited by Aim Here

21 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

2 managers, 3 loanees, 1 who quit at lockdown. So 12, who are not having their contracts renewed. Or"fired" as you say.

Expelled?

59 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Hearts must now be relegated and no temp reconstruction can go ahead if this man puts money in. It would be seen as bribery from a Hearts investor.

Also, if the "donation" happens, is it on the condition that the lower league clubs play next season behind closed doors or not?

"No strings" apparently.  They can spend it all on hoors and ching for all our mystery benefactor cares.

6 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

"No strings" apparently.  They can spend it all on hoors and ching for all our mystery benefactor cares.

I'd assume that a successful investment trust manager like James Anderson considers hoors and ching to be a necessary business expense.

I could have made this offer to the 42 clubs, safe in the knowledge that it is a non starter. How could a club like say QOS return to empty stadiums? They are full time, so furlough ends as soon as they return to work. With no income, how do they pay £8to £10 thousand a week? I am not singling out QOS as there are dozens of clubs in the same boat. Even assuming someone paid for Covid tests every few days there is no chance of Scottish football starting until either a vaccine or the virus disappears. No fans= no games

The only positive would be the bigotfest played with no sectarian singing. Almost worth it

I could have made this offer to the 42 clubs, safe in the knowledge that it is a non starter. How could a club like say QOS return to empty stadiums? They are full time, so furlough ends as soon as they return to work. With no income, how do they pay £8to £10 thousand a week? I am not singling out QOS as there are dozens of clubs in the same boat. Even assuming someone paid for Covid tests every few days there is no chance of Scottish football starting until either a vaccine or the virus disappears. No fans= no games
The only positive would be the bigotfest played with no sectarian singing. Almost worth it

Well presumably their players will accept reduced wages rather than not having a job and that some sort of fan income is generated

Well presumably their players will accept reduced wages rather than not having a job and that some sort of fan income is generated

Why would players do that? Would you? If they are furloughed and receiving 80% of their salary at least, why would they return to work for less than that? Also possible injury or catch Covid? A non starter

Just now, CambieBud said:

Why would players do that? Would you? If they are furloughed and receiving 80% of their salary at least, why would they return to work for less than that? Also possible injury or catch Covid? A non starter

I have mentioned before that clubs will just have to field a team that suits their budget, just like any season.

They won't be furloughed when they return to work and the government will then pay nowt. They can choose to work then or have no pay.

I reckon that at some point over the 4 years, this face who keeps showing up on matchday in the director's box would get known to the people who worked at Tynecastle, and the word would have surely leaked out as to who he was. You're absolutely certain that it was the  SPFL that blew this guy's identity within 24 hours, but you're finding it hard to believe that the entirety of Heart of Midlothian Football Club with it's rolling turnover of dozens of staff members might have some significant chance of leaking the identity of their high-profile multi-million pound donor, over a period of about 4 years - or that this Anderson guy blew his own cover.
You have some bizarre sense of absolute faith in the absolute honour and rectitude of Heart of Midlothian football club, of all organizations, I'll give you that.
I fucking knew his name. I was told it a couple of years ago in the Iona post match. After clarifying that it wasn't the cricketer I immediately lost interest, who gives a f**k about who it was. If they want to spunk their money away on Hearts best of luck to them was the general attitude (and also raised a query re how Hearts were getting round financial fair play rules with it).

Because furlough is voluntary for companies. If they can get back to work they will first be asked to, then told that not doing so will leave them with a potential liability for repaying the furlough to hmrc.

11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Shut up. It was a projection of the knee jerk response of loads, who clearly couldn't understand the rules about accepting high amounts of unaccounted for money. 

Just pointing out the bleedin' obvious that a few posters on here have egg on their face. Don't for one second expect anyone to acknowledge that though. Of course, a lot of the stuff that come out of Sportsound pundits mouths is a load of shite, probably more often than not, but sometimes, just sometimes...............