League Reconstruction 20/21 season

14 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

A cynic might similarly conclude that the SPFL’s lifesaving cash was designed to covertly ease the path of Doncaster’s/McLennan’s/McKenzie’s original “call the league” plan in the minds of lower league chairmen.

Is that the prize money, that had already had the majority paid out before the shutdown, with the rest unable to be handed out until final positions had been sorted?

Genuinely had no idea there were still people trying to claim that was somehow corrupt.

1 minute ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

So after the vote on Monday this whole debacle will be over with, right?

I think we start building an ark, and placing football clubs in it two by two, as the flood of salty tears emanating from Gorgie will be biblical.

Just now, Mon_The_Fife said:

We'll have the threat of court action. Then if any Championship clubs o or out of playing   BCD Hearts will demand to be reinstated to the top tier as they are being disadvantaged. They won't win the Chamionship, will lose the play off to St Mirren, again, then the whole thing starts again.

* cough *
After all, the charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence. Not no evidence, mind, but insufficient enough not to bring a criminal case to court.
There's also still an extant case in the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission against him for it. He might not have been prosecuted for it, but he may well be barred from being a lawyer.

Just now, Lebowski said:
1 hour ago, Ric said:
* cough *
After all, the charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence. Not no evidence, mind, but insufficient enough not to bring a criminal case to court.

There's also still an extant case in the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission against him for it. He might not have been prosecuted for it, but he may well be barred from being a lawyer.

Perhaps, and far be it for me to defend Leslie "crazy boy" Deans, but that will be based on conduct and not proving the alleged claim of money laundering.

2 hours ago, Mr. X said:

We have one of our ex-owners, a very experienced senior lawyer himself, urging us to go down the legal route, having had discussions with a QC. 

My level of  trust of his  judgement in the risks involved taking this to court, is somewhat higher than the opinion of some random on a football forum. 

He himself said on the radio a few weeks back you could put six lawyers in a room and come up with six different opinions. Cowden Cowboy's point backed up.

I’m not a multimillionaire benefactor myself but

My reading is that Hearts lined up some philanthropic financial donors to get them through the demotion/lockdown crisis but if they don’t get demoted and that support isn’t needed then the providers second priority is to safeguard the game in general.

Certainly that’s how I’d be thinking if I were a multimillionaire benefactor.

Which I’m not

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’m not a multimillionaire benefactor myself but

My reading is that Hearts lined up some philanthropic financial donors to get them through the demotion/lockdown crisis but if they don’t get demoted and that support isn’t needed then the providers second priority is to safeguard the game in general.

Certainly that’s how I’d be thinking if I were a multimillionaire benefactor.

Which I’m not

Well that's what you say but you seem to know how they think.

6 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

5-1 and the date of that game in graffiti all over GTA5.

Their diet ****

So here's a thing, and I have to caveat it with (a) it was some time ago perhaps 15 years or so, (b) I was quite drunk and (c) they may have been at it, but I used to work in Edinburgh in Leith and some of the RN devs (iirc they had just been rebranded from DMA) told me that the phone numbers in the game were genuine Edinburgh phone numbers. In America they use 555 as the prefix for all the phone numbers because it doesn't exist as a dialling code but it is the dialling code for Leith.

In terms of which team they support, I honestly don't believe I asked - and as I say they could have been taking the piss.

2 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Well if there was any level of sense it should be but with the Hearts support working themselves into a frenzy who knows. They state they want to do as much damage to Scottish football as possible with the hope that many clubs go out business and seem absolutely hell bent on pushing this legal route. I find it strange that they then seem baffled by any negativity from fans of other clubs, just about everyone else seem  to be little diddy teams no one would miss, the level of arrogance from some of the support base is quite astonishing, they want clubs out of business but think their fans should still look favourable on Hearts ? At some point sanity will have to prevail.

Edited by Yorky

3 minutes ago, Yorky said:

They state they want to do as much damage to Scottish football as possible with the hope that many clubs go out business and seem absolutely hell bent on pushing this legal route.

While most of us recognise the 'pram emptied, toys everywhere' approach ("successfully" adopted by Sevco some years earlier) isn't it a bit counter productive to push for the clubs to go into administration if it means it ends up with them not having a league to play in?

8 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Thanks for the reply, it makes perfect sense in relation to the question ‘How much money does the SFA make from the Semis and Final of the Scottish Cup?’ 

It still wouldn’t  make much sense tbh, but do you mean £1 would be too low and £1 million would be too much? Is that an admission that you don’t have a clue how much they make? 

You seem to have misunderstood the point that was being made,by the time and if the semi and final get played in a sporting context there will be questions over it's integrity.
As far as the dosh goes are you saying they wouldn't need the revenue made from the three games?

17 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

She needs to stop talk of funding the rats that want to vote but don’t want to play. There are actual clubs who will never be a top flight club complaining about top flight business. 

Oh God Reaction GIF

She needs to stop talk of funding the rats that want to vote but don’t want to play. There are actual clubs who will never be a top flight club complaining about top flight business. 

You're not in the top flight either. Doon.

4 hours ago, Mr. X said:

We have one of our ex-owners, a very experienced senior lawyer himself, urging us to go down the legal route, having had discussions with a QC. 

My level of  trust of his  judgement in the risks involved taking this to court, is somewhat higher than the opinion of some random on a football forum. 

What exactly are you going to court with?