League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

This is also now my stance because I've seen how irrationally mad it makes fans of trivial clubs.

greggy.png

I'm not mad to be fair, my club is safe no matter what.

Budge, and Hearts by extension seem to be covering themselves with shit all the while Greg Wallace smiles on.

Edit: Tell you what makes me mad is listening to more than 5 minutes of SSB. Vox populi is a nightmare at the best of times, but jinkies...

Edited by Ric

9 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

This is also now my stance because I've seen how irrationally mad it makes fans of trivial clubs.

greggy.png

Aye mind that time she SPECIFICALLY stated hearts are hearts and therefore they shouldn't go down? That was my favourite bit tbh. Quite Good

44 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

My idea of league reorganisation would be.

I think that a top league of 14 teams. With the league splitting after 26 games to two sections of 7. With each team playing each team in their section twice again. Resulting 38 games.

Also I would love to see us copy the Spanish, Dutch, Belgians, Germans, and Portugal in allowing the big Scottish sides to play youth or reserve teams in the lower divisions. Either every team in the Premier would be a given a place or just Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United and Motherwell. It would guarantee that young Scottish players get competitive experience of football at a young age. This would allow the big sides to produce a conveyor belt of talent for the Scottish football system, and more importantly the national team. They could be promoted up to League One.  This would be a good standard for young Scottish players to develop at. Andy Robertson developed at Queen's Park. Kenny Dalglish played for Cumbernauld United. So this is a good level to develop players at.

Some will say that it is wrong to put the Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts or Motherwell, Dundee United, or Rangers reserve teams above a part time like Kelty Hearts or Brora Rangers. But I am not attacking those clubs. I support all Scottish clubs, and want them all to do well. I am just saying that if we could develop more top players for the national side then that would be more important than Kelty Hearts or Brora Rangers finishing 5 or 6 places above where they would end. My priority is the national side and our club's performances in Europe, not whether Kelty Hearts finish 5 places higher in League One. With all respect to Kelty Hearts.

We need to create a system that keeps and attracts top players to Scottish football, that develops top young players, and that allows us to have teams that do Scotland proud in terms of European performances. I think a major way to do that is to allow the top clubs to have youth teams playing against real teams in the lower tiers.

We should look all the time at how we can get bigger amounts of money into Scottish football, more top quality players and top quality international players in the game.

My League organisation would be

All Premier teams playing a reserve side in League Two

14 team Premier.  Splitting into two groups of seven.

14 team Championship. Splitting into two groups of seven.

18 team League One North.

18 team League One South.

Below that Highland and Lowland Leagues.

That equals 64 teams.

That is an increase of 22 teams.

Those 22 extra teams would be the 14 Scottish Premier sides, under 23 year old sides starting off in League One North or South. They would not be allowed to be promoted from League One. So would not take places in the Championship, from bigger sides.    

There would also need to be 8 teams brought up from non league, to make up the numbers. I would promote Brora Rangers, and Kelty Hearts. But the other 6 places would go to teams by a vote from the existing SPFL sides.

Aye alright Anne.

This is so much horseshit it's incredible.  500 words and every one of them complete shite.

f**k wee clubs

Dalglish played for Cumbernauld Utd so let's get Colts teams in the league.

Regionalise the third tier even though there's no desire for this whatsoever from clubs at and around that level. 

3 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Aye mind that time she SPECIFICALLY stated hearts are hearts and therefore they shouldn't go down? That was my favourite bit tbh. Quite Good

It'd ironically be the strongest argument she'd ever made. warnock.png

45 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Ann Budge might be utterly incompetent but whinging about her pointing out that early relegation might just be a tad harsh when there is a possible alternative is quite bizarre. I'd be worried if she wasn't continually doing just that. 

All clubs are acting in their own self interest just now. Quelle surprise. 

Monty Ha

There is no alternative 

1306115289_giphy(11).gif.d18fd7612c208de4d7fc4a931d7945d4.gif

6 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Aye mind that time she SPECIFICALLY stated hearts are hearts and therefore they shouldn't go down? That was my favourite bit tbh. 

Sounds like you are the sort of person who would say, "naw, Hitler never actually said gas the jews"

Onto another note, I'm surprised how quiet the other clubs have been.

It seems interesting that people like McGregor at County or even GLS for us hasn't piped up and said "look, we've all invested money stop making out like you are some sort of special case"

Edited by Ric

56 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

My idea of league reorganisation would be.

I think that a top league of 14 teams. With the league splitting after 26 games to two sections of 7. With each team playing each team in their section twice again. Resulting 38 games.

Also I would love to see us copy the Spanish, Dutch, Belgians, Germans, and Portugal in allowing the big Scottish sides to play youth or reserve teams in the lower divisions. Either every team in the Premier would be a given a place or just Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United and Motherwell. It would guarantee that young Scottish players get competitive experience of football at a young age. This would allow the big sides to produce a conveyor belt of talent for the Scottish football system, and more importantly the national team. They could be promoted up to League One.  This would be a good standard for young Scottish players to develop at. Andy Robertson developed at Queen's Park. Kenny Dalglish played for Cumbernauld United. So this is a good level to develop players at.

Some will say that it is wrong to put the Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts or Motherwell, Dundee United, or Rangers reserve teams above a part time like Kelty Hearts or Brora Rangers. But I am not attacking those clubs. I support all Scottish clubs, and want them all to do well. I am just saying that if we could develop more top players for the national side then that would be more important than Kelty Hearts or Brora Rangers finishing 5 or 6 places above where they would end. My priority is the national side and our club's performances in Europe, not whether Kelty Hearts finish 5 places higher in League One. With all respect to Kelty Hearts.

We need to create a system that keeps and attracts top players to Scottish football, that develops top young players, and that allows us to have teams that do Scotland proud in terms of European performances. I think a major way to do that is to allow the top clubs to have youth teams playing against real teams in the lower tiers.

We should look all the time at how we can get bigger amounts of money into Scottish football, more top quality players and top quality international players in the game.

My League organisation would be

All Premier teams playing a reserve side in League Two

14 team Premier.  Splitting into two groups of seven.

14 team Championship. Splitting into two groups of seven.

18 team League One North.

18 team League One South.

Below that Highland and Lowland Leagues.

That equals 64 teams.

That is an increase of 22 teams.

Those 22 extra teams would be the 14 Scottish Premier sides, under 23 year old sides starting off in League One North or South. They would not be allowed to be promoted from League One. So would not take places in the Championship, from bigger sides.    

There would also need to be 8 teams brought up from non league, to make up the numbers. I would promote Brora Rangers, and Kelty Hearts. But the other 6 places would go to teams by a vote from the existing SPFL sides.

f**k off

There's yer Reconstruction Group announced

Spoiler

The members of the group are:

Airdrieonians

PAUL HETHERINGTON

Ayr United

LACHLAN CAMERON

Cove Rangers

JOHN SHERAN

Dundee

JOHN NELMS

Edinburgh City

JIM BROWN

Falkirk

GARY DEANS

Greenock Morton

DAVID MACKINNON

Hamilton Academical

LES GRAY (joint chair)

Heart of Midlothian

ANN BUDGE (joint chair)

Hibernian

LEEANN DEMPSTER

Partick Thistle

JACQUI LOW

Queen’s Park

GERRY CRAWLEY

Raith Rovers

BILL CLARK

Highland League

ROD HOUSTON

Lowland League

GEORGE FRASER

5 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/reconstruction-group-announced

I am sure getting 15 clubs to agree on this will be no bother.  I do wonder why Dempster is there.  Her fighting to save Hearts is Ann Budge levels of naivety.

Imagine the fucking scenes if we vote for whatever proposal they come up with. Hibs fans on .net screaming that they’ll never set foot inside ER again. Should be a laugh. 

35 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Budge is fucked.

She's been thrown a bone to look into the possibility of league reconstruction, safe in the knowledge that there's not much interest in it.

When the case for reconstruction inevitably fails, she'll look daft. Again.

She's fucked.

What's the feeling amongst Hearts fans about her over this?

Assume you'll have the odd supporter who'd defend the club no matter what, but curious about whether they back her or think shes actively harming the club now?

Hearts probably could've created a reconstruction of sorts if theyd had the support of the other top flight chairmen, cant help but feel Budge isolates herself with every passing day.

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

St Johnstone vote no to reconstruction,  who's with us? C'mon we only need 1 more.. 

I can imagine Geoff and his boy showing some disdain for the argument that Hearts should be saved because they have spent money on not being relegated.

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I may well be done with Scottish football if any temporary reconstruction is agreed.

It's a real tough call. I suppose it depends on how our respective clubs handle this situation. I'd have great difficulty not supporting my team and it's not like they can play in another country so all I can think of is to have no negative effect on your own club is boycotting Hearts as the away support.

Boycotting is just so... Rangers-esque though, and I'd hate to have to drop to their level.

Edited by Ric

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Remember when Ric flounced off in a VW campervan?

Not sure if "flounced" is the right word. If you mean travelled all around Europe and North Africa for 4 years, then yes, I did that. And I loved every minute of it too!

Edit: btw, it wasn't a VW, I don't (didn't) have that sort of cash.

Edited by Ric