League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 hours ago, Jambo74 said:

Sorry to post a lot of links today, but have your club made any inroads into this?

https://www.stronachs.com/news-insights/insights/53-employment/251-st-mirren-bottom-of-the-national-minimum-wage-league-too

To be fair, we pay contracted wages, we don't fucking shaft our employees and cut their wages.  Or shaft creditors by going into administration 

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Apologies for posting a link to The Scum

About time the SFA stepped in and sorted these Jambos out. 

You were the worst team in the league and have been relegated, so just get on with it

5 hours ago, bluearmyfaction said:

The funny thing is all of this could have been avoided had the SPFL run a vote with a 28 day limit and not tell clubs that there would be no money unless they ended the season there and then.

Not sure when the initial deadline ran out, but, given games are now going ahead again in Europe, and will soon be in England, all everyone needed to do was sit tight, use the furlough scheme, and re-start the season when ready - or re-think  what to do with more information.

Instead there's a rush to terminate, a total bodge of the vote, and at least two attempts to float a reconstruction.

If Hearts have a time machine then surely they'd be better served to just go back and not make the many errors that led to their relegation?

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Apologies for posting a link to The Scum

Booleeys!

Threts!

I wonder how beneficial a time machine would be to a football team. Maybe with penalties and set-piece routines, but in terms of open play it would probably only help when a team pulls off a really surprising tactical thing.

I could see it helping in the business side.

8 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I wonder how beneficial a time machine would be to a football team. Maybe with penalties and set-piece routines, but in terms of open play it would probably only help when a team pulls off a really surprising tactical thing.

I could see it helping in the business side.

It would be a huge help. You could have two instances of your best player on the pitch, and what's more, one of them has already played the game and knows what's going to happen - and telepathically knows what his teammate is thinking and going to do.

Or goalkeepers could watch the game from the stands, see which way the strikers are hitting the penalty shootout and then play out the game to win the shootout. Like that Hladky bloke did against Dundee United in last season's playoffs.

There's tons of ways it could help.

7 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Only on one occasion though in a match. As soon as the re-run is altered due to prior knowledge, the rest of the game is also altered as it has never happened before. The old Space Time Continuim problem Marty my boy!

Depends on how space time causality actually works. Maybe the future isn't alterable, but you have to do the rigmarole of doing the time travel business to get the better future. Like you know your own actions in advance, but only because you know what they're going to be because you watched them.

Alternatively, the reason I picked the penalty shootout option is that it's the final stage in a game, so you could avoid altering the past until it's time to do the one alteration that matters - and it's one with a sequence of more or less discrete events so there's a reasonable chance that the result of one kick doesn't affect the future ones, unlike with open play.

Edited by Aim Here

So per the report that the SFA may heavily sanction Hearts over any potential move for legal action against the SPFL, I did a wee bit of digging. Per the SFA's Judicial Panel Protocol, the bit in red is the rule in which Hearts would be breaking, and the bit in blue are the potential sanctions.

image.png.50c4a79703e45c6d5834b9129d8d8249.png

More specifically, the provisions in which Hearts would be breaking are outlined in Statute 59.3 of the FIFA Statutes:

image.png.dfbbf80a8ae5e66d824e41c5fe89bb88.png

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Shotts Bon Accord took the Central Junior League to court in 1995 and were banned from the league for a year before having to re-enter in the bottom tier.

Honestly, I don't see  that be different to spending a year in a division that doesn't play any games because the other teams can't afford it.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So per the report that the SFA may heavily sanction Hearts over any potential move for legal action against the SPFL, I did a wee bit of digging. Per the SFA's Judicial Panel Protocol, the bit in red is the rule in which Hearts would be breaking, and the bit in blue are the potential sanctions.

image.png.50c4a79703e45c6d5834b9129d8d8249.png

More specifically, the provisions in which Hearts would be breaking are outlined in Statute 59.3 of the FIFA Statutes:

image.png.dfbbf80a8ae5e66d824e41c5fe89bb88.png

Neither the French or the Dutch clubs went through CAS - they just went through their national court system. The Dutch court opted for no relegation.

3 hours ago, Jambo74 said:

Neither the French or the Dutch clubs went through CAS - they just went through their national court system. The Dutch court opted for no relegation.

Got any links to stories about these leagues actually getting taken to court?