League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Hearts in court would be great to see, I’m all for it.

It’ll cost them a fortune in legal fees, they’ll be given a dressing down by the judge and be comprehensively defeated.

It will be the latest in a long line of humiliations, on and off the park.

To think that the law courts are going to have an interest in the internal workings of a member organisation. Man alive, what an entertaining waste of everyone’s time.

But it's not a members' organisation. It's a limited company, and therefore subject to various Companies Acts. I'd imagine Hearts have identified some real or imagined breaches.

2 hours ago, jaybeee said:

Yes............ possibly something to do with size of fan-base >>> leading to a higher income than most other clubs compounded by the distinct lack of another team with similar financial clout. Of course the fact that their financial  superiority allows the signing of better than average players may well have something to do with it .................. just possibly.

I think I've got it, thanks.

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

But it's not a members' organisation. It's a limited company, and therefore subject to various Companies Acts. I'd imagine Hearts have identified some real or imagined breaches.

Imagine being such an operative word there that you had to use it twice. The SPFL may well be a limited company but it is not a cartel or closed shop sports franchise. Punting shite teams from one level to another is part of its basic remit.

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’ve always been under the impression that UEFA take a very dim view of individual clubs taking their association to court. Is this a different matter because it’s the league Hearts grievance is with, rather than the SFA? 

Yes.

42 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
2 hours ago, jaybeee said:

Yes............ possibly something to do with size of fan-base >>> leading to a higher income than most other clubs compounded by the distinct lack of another team with similar financial clout. Of course the fact that their financial  superiority allows the signing of better than average players may well have something to do with it .................. just possibly.

I think I've got it, thanks.

Your welcome say hello to Captain Mannering / Mainwaring for me. 

53 minutes ago, virginton said:

Imagine being such an operative word there that you had to use it twice. The SPFL may well be a limited company but it is not a cartel or closed shop sports franchise. Punting shite teams from one level to another is part of its basic remit.

I'm not as imaginative as Mrs Budge, that's for sure.

There may be some mileage in her challenging the voting structure, on the basis that all shareholders should have the same voting

rights. But giving the D1 and D2 clubs a vote each probably wouldn't help Hearts!

You're absolutely right about the basic remit

1 minute ago, Stag Nation said:

I'm not as imaginative as Mrs Budge, that's for sure.

There may be some mileage in her challenging the voting structure, on the basis that all shareholders should have the same voting

rights. But giving the D1 and D2 clubs a vote each probably wouldn't help Hearts!

You're absolutely right about the basic remit

All clubs, including Hearts, have always had the ability to propose a change in voting structure, league structure, etc.

The articles of the SPFL allow for every club to be able to propose changes, but - reasonably - in order to facilitate any change to the existing structure (which the clubs themselves agreed) a very high bar is set to agree that change.

Budge thinks this is wrong, but it is in place specifically to stop idiot club chairs proposing changes to rules and structures which benefit only themselves.

Now I dont actually believe much of the shite I just typed there - in truth, the 11-1 is to safeguard the teams at the very top share of the prize pot - but that is how it will be argued - successfully.

She has little chance of winning a court case based on the voting structure, and even less of a restriction of trade case against the SPFL.

8 minutes ago, Green Day said:

All clubs, including Hearts, have always had the ability to propose a change in voting structure, league structure, etc.

The articles of the SPFL allow for every club to be able to propose changes, but - reasonably - in order to facilitate any change to the existing structure (which the clubs themselves agreed) a very high bar is set to agree that change.

Budge thinks this is wrong, but it is in place specifically to stop idiot club chairs proposing changes to rules and structures which benefit only themselves.

Now I dont actually believe much of the shite I just typed there - in truth, the 11-1 is to safeguard the teams at the very top share of the prize pot - but that is how it will be argued - successfully.

She has little chance of winning a court case based on the voting structure, and even less of a restriction of trade case against the SPFL.

She  didn't bother to stongly about the voting structure before hearts got relegated.She probably didnt care.

6 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

I do read it. Didn't know that Granny Danger relied upon it though. If Hearts win in court then it is theoretically possible that the courts could specifically implement the reinstatement of Hearts into the Premier League, but given the disruption that that would cause, they'd be way more likely to award damages.In amongst the rage, I think there are some well informed posts.

btw there are at least half a dozen Hibbies stirring it in there.

Jeez there are not many, there is a good amount focusing on how many of the smaller clubs they can put out of business and just how they can maximise the damage to Scottish football in general if they don’t get what they want. Add in this theory that everyone hates Hearts so it’s all personal and it really is crazy stuff. This is doing way more damage to Hearts than the actual relegation, I just don’t get how more of the seemingly intelligent and sane individuals on there can’t see it. It’s just turned into some kind of mob mentality led by one or two complete diddies.

I'm never sure whether this place has a decent number of proper legal experts or sadly just a bunch of internet wafflers.

My guess is the latter.

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I'm never sure whether this place has a decent number of proper legal experts or sadly just a bunch of internet wafflers.

My guess is the latter.

Defo internet wafflers, but really good ones.

Jeez there are not many, there is a good amount focusing on how many of the smaller clubs they can put out of business and just how they can maximise the damage to Scottish football in general if they don’t get what they want. Add in this theory that everyone hates Hearts so it’s all personal and it really is crazy stuff. This is doing way more damage to Hearts than the actual relegation, I just don’t get how more of the seemingly intelligent and sane individuals on there can’t see it. It’s just turned into some kind of mob mentality led by one or two complete diddies.
It's just echo chamber pish. Way of all club forums where it just radicalises itself into completely fucking mental positions which folk challenging are slated for having a differing opinion. Kickbacks specialty is anyone saying anything against the accepted view is a Hibby stirring it. Which in fairness I am...

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The SPFL have 42 clubs with different needs it's not about forcing any club into a certain league it's all about what is feasible and practical.
The top flight seem to be gearing up for a august the 1st start BCD's , it would be interesting to see how many clubs can't do that. 

By now, each club will have looked at the revenue streams that they have and worked out what there exposure to playing without fans - some revenue streams will still work well, eg online club stores, Streamed matches through Club TV and Televised games through a broadcaster (e.g. Sky Sports), Donations Benefactors (other clubs have them too) Club sponsors.

Some will be worse, ticket sales, match day hospitality, match day sponsorship, programme sales, sales through a brick and mortar club store.

All clubs will, by now have projections about what the numbers look like for them. Some have commented publicly, some have played their cards close to their chest.  The meetings are a way for the situation to be discussed privately and the needs collated. 

For some clubs, starting up in August will be fine, for others, the opportunity to mothball and remain a league member may be something that would help them survive.  Anything other than running a normal season would likely require rule changes.

17 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

My guess is the latter.

You could defo put Ann Budge in the latter mate.. hasn't an effin scooby

19 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

My guess is the latter.

How fucking dare you. I'm a lawyer who used to be an epidemiologist. Unfortunately I left epidemiology just before they got busy.