Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-i-will-take-legal-action-if-hearts-are-relegated-itd-be-restriction-trade-2868046

Interesting to see how this pans out. She has fair changed her tune from a month or two ago when she ruled out legal action all together. Wee Leslie must’ve been on at her.

Edited by Zing.

3 minutes ago, Zing. said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-i-will-take-legal-action-if-hearts-are-relegated-itd-be-restriction-trade-2868046

Interesting to see how this pans out. She has fair changed her tune from a month or two ago when she ruled out legal action all together. Wee Leslie must’ve been on at her.

Pretty sure the Cowdenbeath chairman has been in court a few times and he certainly doesn’t seem to be panicking

27 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Since when have Hearts and their supporters been remotely interested in the fate of the club that has finished bottom of League 2 ?

Oh of course, I remember now, it's when they can use it as noise to prove how corrupt Scottish football is. Blatant self-interest perhaps ?

Otherwise your concern for League 2 and the lower leagues is admirable.

Or I may be pointing out facts that no all the way down which was said in the post.  

10 minutes ago, Zing. said:

If the championship has teams and games starting August as proposed by SPFL, surely that argument is dead. If it was an argument to begin with

Even if games are behind closed doors that is a government rule rather than the fault of SPFL

9 minutes ago, Zing. said:

That's about the same time she was assuring us that Sevcos dossier would hold water.

Would love to be a fly on the wall of Mondays zoom call if her "threatometer of doom" continues to ratchet up.

16 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Really? I must have missed that. Got a link to anything?

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Nice of you to be Zing's minder. I've read that link and there's nothing in it saying she's ruled out legal action. Why have you posted it?

😂 get dooooon

Screaming reading that being relegated is a "restriction of trade".

Hoping the hilarity continues with a court case on Judge Rinder.

50 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Wee guys and shaggers. 

It's hardly relegation.  Demotion or expulsion would be more apt.

11 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

😂 get dooooon

Ahh. You posted it because you hadn't read it properly.  Never mind we all make mistakes.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Ahh. You posted it because you hadn't read it properly.  Never mind we all make mistakes.

It’s not get doon 

you are already doon

I'm more annoyed David Gray is being shared, tbh.

As for Hearts, they can complain all they want but if successful businesswoman Ann Budge had sweetened everyone up rather than shouting like a drunken nutter being chucked out after last orders then some movement may have been possible. On top of a catalogue of failures all season, hubris and insults seem to be the cherry on this rather sorry shit cake.

I'm just going to put it out there, but perhaps she's not such a successful businesswoman after all.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

You said post a link to anything, so I did. No mistake on my part m8.

46 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Really? I must have missed that. Got a link to anything?

I’ve tried and failed. I’ve convinced myself she’d said as much in one of her rambling statements but a quick google brings up nowt. 

If incorrect I wholeheartedly apologise to you, Ann Budge, Leslie Deans and Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Edit: 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5477339/hearts-budge-sfpl-proposal-not-supported/

This is what I was thinking of.

She told Sky Sports: “We are where we are in league positions. 

“If everything is talked about and that is what the community of football clubs believe is right, I’m not going to fight it to the death.

“If we have to deal with relegation we will deal with relegation.”

Edited by Zing.

When 3 x 14 team leagues failed the first time, you think Granny Budge would have gone away and came up with some sort of solution like 14-10-10-10 with proper thoughts of reconstruction post crisis. That way everyone takes a little bit of financial pain but it is spread across the board, which in a pandemic would probably have been accepted as a logical position.

Seems like her consultation was limited to the top tier clubs only and she failed to take on board the concerns of the 4 in League One who would end up in the bottom tier plus Cove not getting promoted. When she clearly didn't do her homework, it's no surprise this will get papped out. The whole "you need us" crap was disproven post 2012 with a much bigger club going to the wall, so for Hearts to play it was hilarious and was never going to fly.

I say all this as someone who wants bigger leagues but this is nonsense and clearly only done to suit Heart of Midlothian