League Reconstruction 20/21 season

6 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It would appear that Mrs Budge's thoughts on relegation/legalling were very different when she thought the original resolution wasn't going to pass - because she had spoken to other clubs but not League 1 or 2 clubs because she doesn't slum it with them.

I mean if that is what the community of football clubs agree...right?

giphy.gif

She looks better there, is that a couple of years ago. She needs to let it go, it's taking it's  toll.

3 hours ago, jaybeee said:

OK, so let me explain, off the back of Hearts desperately trying to avoid relegation (which I understand) there were many scenarios and the one that irritated me most was to do with playing the season out, not fair etc, etc, we might have been OK, and so on, my point was simply since the league had been called AND it was and still is unlawful to play football in the manner required that it was all by the by.  

I see, you were explaining what everyone except Hearts and Falkirk supporters have understood since day one. Thanks.

Can you now explain how Celtic won the league?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

8 hours ago, Zing. said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-i-will-take-legal-action-if-hearts-are-relegated-itd-be-restriction-trade-2868046

Interesting to see how this pans out. She has fair changed her tune from a month or two ago when she ruled out legal action all together. Wee Leslie must’ve been on at her.

Shes been reading Kickback 😂

If the Championship season is delayed via a democratic vote by the clubs, then the "restrain of trade" is being done for the health and safety of the clubs, and they could also argue for the health and safety of players and fans.

Hearts would still be allowed to play games, nobody would be denying them that, they just couldnt play league games. Stick a few friendlies in against supporter sides or local junior sides and make folk pay for it. Playing games + charging for it = trade.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Maybe Hearts, Partick, Falkirk and Stranraer could have a wee round robin tournament amongst themselves.

The Justice League.

Other than some bearable financial pain I'm not even sure what Hearts are greeting about. They'll absolutely scoosh the Championship next season as their only competition will be three teams who were a fucking mile behind the DABs. 

“We are where we are, in the league position. If we argue everything through and everything is talked about, and basically that is what thecommunity of football clubs believe is right, I’mnot going to fight it to the death.

Fair do’s, Capt_Oats. Remember her sounding a bit wobbly but don’t remember that quote - it’s pretty clear cut. 

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If Budge is stupid enough to try to f**k up Scottish football I assume the other 41 clubs could vote to expel Hearts from the SPFL.

I wouldnt worry too much about that.

Apparently one of her defences is a "restriction of trade" if the Championship doesnt kick off in time..............which will, of course be in part because we are not at the appropriate phase of unlocking. Which is, of course set by the Government.

I look forward to the case being presented to a court, several minutes of giggles by the judge, and the inevitable tearstained press interview outside on the street.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If Budge is stupid enough to try to f**k up Scottish football I assume the other 41 clubs could vote to expel Hearts from the SPFL.

That would lead to an interesting court case. But why exactly will she be fucking up Scottish football? By exercising her/Hearts basic rights of seeking redress in the courts? 

41 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

That would lead to an interesting court case. But why exactly will she be fucking up Scottish football? By exercising her/Hearts basic rights of seeking redress in the courts? 

If you read Kickback, you'll find your fellow Jambos are primarily interested in using the courts as a means of causing delay, expense and hassle to the rest of the SPFL. They're much less clear on an actual legal theory over which they could win some supposed court case.

If you read Kickback, you'll find your fellow Jambos are primarily interested in using the courts as a means of causing delay, expense and hassle to the rest of the SPFL. They're much less clear on an actual legal theory over which they could win some supposed court case.
Jesus, truly diet-***s in every possible way [emoji23]

8 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I do read it. Didn't know that Granny Danger relied upon it though. If Hearts win in court then it is theoretically possible that the courts could specifically implement the reinstatement of Hearts into the Premier League, but given the disruption that that would cause, they'd be way more likely to award damages.In amongst the rage, I think there are some well informed posts.

btw there are at least half a dozen Hibbies stirring it in there.

Edited by Pet Jeden

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I do read it. Didn't know that Granny Danger relied upon it though. If Hearts win in court then it is theoretically possible that the courts could specifically implement the reinstatement of Hearts into the Premier League, but given the disruption that that would cause, they'd be way more likely to award damages.In amongst the rage, I think there are some well informed posts

What laws have been broken?

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

What's your email address? I send you my QC Opinion to Heart of Midlothian 

M'learned friend ought perhaps to acknowledge that the prevailing opinion of the Scottish legal fraternity appears to conflict with his on most of the salient points of contention being discussed...

1 minute ago, Aim Here said:

M'learned friend ought perhaps to acknowledge that the prevailing opinion of the Scottish legal fraternity appears to conflict with his on most of the salient points of contention being discussed...

You have a high opinion of his judgement?

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

You have a high opinion of his judgement?

Depends. On technical matters of Scottish criminal jurisprudence, I'm sure he's as good as almost anyone.

On when is the best time to have a good ol' fashioned sash bash, not so much...

37 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

If Hearts win in court then it is theoretically possible that the courts could specifically implement the reinstatement of Hearts into the Premier League..

Out of interest, just what legal mechanism do you think could be used to do that? Be quite specific here as the law is clear on where its jurisdiction is in regard to private organisations.

Edited by Ric
..annoying grammatical typo