Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's Ann Budges proposal for starting next season, if it cant be played as a normal season?

Especially in the second tier of 14 where you have multiple clubs either side of the divide in terms of closed door games.

I think Anne Budge’s proposal is a clear attempt to keep Hearts up and ultimately we deserve to go down... my worry is what are we actually going to go down to with suggestions of an mouth balled season or 18/20 game season for divisions below the Premier League.

For me I would of preferred her proposal to focus on how the bigger clubs could of supported the smaller clubs financially to get them through the next couple of seasons. 

Something radical like sharing all prize and tv money equally between all 42 clubs. It would be interesting to see if any of the Premier league teams would step up and share any TV money they receive for next season among all 42 clubs equally rather than keep the lions share amongst themselves. We should be thinking about the scottish game as a whole.. if sharing all the cash out equally meant Hearts got a smaller parachute payment but helped some of the smaller clubs survive then so be it. This may have also helped support clubs like QOS start the season without fans coming through the gate.

That may also have helped gain some support for any reconstruction from clubs in the lower divisions.

30 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Yes but how many people are doing that exactly? Enough for it to be an issue? 

Going into tinfoil hat/shitstirring Hibs fan mode, it might be that that Budge is expecting to do something that alienates the fanbase in the near future and is trying to pre-empt a run on season ticket refunds when whatever it is kicks in. We are seeing a fair amount of desperation right now from both fans and club.

It's probably not the case, and more likely Budge misjudging the fans like she's apparently misjudging everyone else, but I'll mention it in case I get to pull a sneaky 'I told you so' in a couple of month's time...

What's Ann Budges proposal for starting next season, if it cant be played as a normal season?
Especially in the second tier of 14 where you have multiple clubs either side of the divide in terms of closed door games.
She doesn't care, it's only about Hearts.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If the second tier cant be played as normal (I think it will be ok), then it means no fans at prem games anyway.

There will be no difference between the divisions money wise.Arbroath will be getting the same gates as Celtic. 0.

9 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

I asked a simple question.

What is Ann Budges proposal if the 20/21 season cannot be started as normal?

You claimed the current set up and most clubs are failing to resolve that issue while Budge has it sussed, so what is her plan?

2 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

There will be no difference between the divisions money wise.Arbroath will be getting the same gates as Celtic. 0.

Celtic will still announce the attendance as 57000 though.

2 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

😂 

13 minutes ago, Romeo said:

She doesn't care, it's only about Hearts.

So Ann the voting system is not fit for purpose! Really.. you are actually telling lower league clubs / fans that?

The arrogance of this successful but desperate business woman is astounding. Does she actually think a statement like that will help her case?

Wow!!

Seems a bit low..?

I wonder if we are nearing the stage where the reaction to this is on a par with the levels attained by the Oldco in 2012? Might not quite be there but I reckon Charles Green can see the Jambos in the rear view mirror.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

I can see both sides of it hearts have been relegated on an incomplete season which is a disgrace and should never have been allowed to happen.

Budge is only interested in hearts and she has no interest in the lower leagues of her proposal and if she gets in a top 14 , she doesn’t give a shit about what happens to the other leagues or even if they are capable of starting the season.

24 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

I think Anne Budge’s proposal is a clear attempt to keep Hearts up and ultimately we deserve to go down... my worry is what are we actually going to go down to with suggestions of an mouth balled season or 18/20 game season for divisions below the Premier League.

For me I would of preferred her proposal to focus on how the bigger clubs could of supported the smaller clubs financially to get them through the next couple of seasons. 

Something radical like sharing all prize and tv money equally between all 42 clubs. It would be interesting to see if any of the Premier league teams would step up and share any TV money they receive for next season among all 42 clubs equally rather than keep the lions share amongst themselves. We should be thinking about the scottish game as a whole.. if sharing all the cash out equally meant Hearts got a smaller parachute payment but helped some of the smaller clubs survive then so be it. This may have also helped support clubs like QOS start the season without fans coming through the gate.

That may also have helped gain some support for any reconstruction from clubs in the lower divisions.

You might just about have a chance of persuading Celtic,Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen . But I reckon you'd have to prize it out of the dead hands of the other Premier teams. It's half their annual income.

*Insert Hearts - Premier gag here ^^^

33 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

Something radical like sharing all prize and tv money equally between all 42 clubs.

f**k that, I am not sanctioning Brechin players driving round in Mercs and Beemers, no sirreee

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I asked a simple question.

What is Ann Budges proposal if the 20/21 season cannot be started as normal?

You claimed the current set up and most clubs are failing to resolve that issue while Budge has it sussed, so what is her plan?

I don’t think I did suggest she had it sussed.. I just suggested she offered a suggestion which  I admitted was a clear attempt at keeping Hearts up. 

Scottish football appears in crisis and I don’t see anyone coming up with anything which looks like it is for the greater good of the game.. she’s had her shot, most people think it is crap, let’s move on and see someone else come up with something which will move all teams forward.

Just now, Unfinished sympathy said:

let’s move on and see someone else come up with something which will move all teams forward.

OK.

How about we start the players training in about 2 weeks, and start the leagues off mid August. 

Face masks required - for some, even after the coronavirus crisis is over................

jambostunna.png.6bb0c8af0a8f1510216c11be001b2d0f.png

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

OK.

How about we start the players training in about 2 weeks, and start the leagues off mid August. 

Face masks required - for some, even after the coronavirus crisis is over................

jambostunna.png.6bb0c8af0a8f1510216c11be001b2d0f.png

Is that Gregor Fisher on the right?