League Reconstruction 20/21 season

I'm more annoyed David Gray is being shared, tbh.

As for Hearts, they can complain all they want but if successful businesswoman Ann Budge had sweetened everyone up rather than shouting like a drunken nutter being chucked out after last orders then some movement may have been possible. On top of a catalogue of failures all season, hubris and insults seem to be the cherry on this rather sorry shit cake.

I'm just going to put it out there, but perhaps she's not such a successful businesswoman after all.

46 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Really? I must have missed that. Got a link to anything?

I’ve tried and failed. I’ve convinced myself she’d said as much in one of her rambling statements but a quick google brings up nowt. 

If incorrect I wholeheartedly apologise to you, Ann Budge, Leslie Deans and Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Edit: 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5477339/hearts-budge-sfpl-proposal-not-supported/

This is what I was thinking of.

She told Sky Sports: “We are where we are in league positions. 

“If everything is talked about and that is what the community of football clubs believe is right, I’m not going to fight it to the death.

“If we have to deal with relegation we will deal with relegation.”

Edited by Zing.

When 3 x 14 team leagues failed the first time, you think Granny Budge would have gone away and came up with some sort of solution like 14-10-10-10 with proper thoughts of reconstruction post crisis. That way everyone takes a little bit of financial pain but it is spread across the board, which in a pandemic would probably have been accepted as a logical position.

Seems like her consultation was limited to the top tier clubs only and she failed to take on board the concerns of the 4 in League One who would end up in the bottom tier plus Cove not getting promoted. When she clearly didn't do her homework, it's no surprise this will get papped out. The whole "you need us" crap was disproven post 2012 with a much bigger club going to the wall, so for Hearts to play it was hilarious and was never going to fly.

I say all this as someone who wants bigger leagues but this is nonsense and clearly only done to suit Heart of Midlothian

20 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I’ve tried and failed. I’ve convinced myself she’d said as much in one of her rambling statements but a quick google brings up nowt. 

If incorrect I wholeheartedly apologise to you, Ann Budge, Leslie Deans and Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

It would appear that Mrs Budge's thoughts on relegation/legalling were very different when she thought the original resolution wasn't going to pass - because she had spoken to other clubs but not League 1 or 2 clubs because she doesn't slum it with them.

The 72-year-old has vowed to take legal action to fight any ruling that demotes her club with eight games still to play.

But the businesswoman, who has been stung by criticism of her attempts to agree wage cuts with players and staff at Hearts, appears to be softening her stance after claiming they will ‘deal with relegation’ if that is what is agreed by others after careful consideration.

She said: “I’ve talked to a number of clubs in the Premiership and I’ve talked to a number of clubs in the Championship; I haven’t talked to League One and League Two clubs, because I haven’t got the ready contacts, if you like.

“And I don’t believe this will be supported.

“We are where we are, in the league position. If we argue everything through and everything is talked about, and basically that is what the community of football clubs believe is right, I’m not going to fight it to the death.

“How is that going to end?

“So, if we have to deal with relegation, we’ll deal with relegation.”

Link

I mean if that is what the community of football clubs agree...right?

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

Hearts chief Ann Budge has warned that she will have no option but to follow through on her threat of legal action if the Tynecastle club is left languishing in the Championship when the new season finally kicks off.

That would throw Scottish football into even greater turmoil and could derail the resumption of competitive action, but the retired businesswoman insists she would make a stand if something is not done to mitigate a decision she maintains is “unfair” and “wrong”.

'Could derail the resumption of competitive action' is a beautiful bit of scaremongering.

Why would a business halt operations solely due to potential ongoing court actions? If Hearts do go this route, the top league football will kick off without them.

Regardless of outcome, they'll either be in the Championship with a hefty legal bill or in the Championship with hefty compensation. No outcome is going to reinstate them, so the competition will go on as normal. As soon as this gets voted down they have no direct significance to the Premier League so will not hinder its restart.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I'm more annoyed David Gray is being shared, tbh.

Why not? A musician who produces mostly depressing ballads sharing the name of a prolific yet slightly balding Hibee...I can’t think of anyone better to wind up all the droves of Hearts fans?

47 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

'Could derail the resumption of competitive action' is a beautiful bit of scaremongering.

Why would a business halt operations solely due to potential ongoing court actions? If Hearts do go this route, the top league football will kick off without them.

Regardless of outcome, they'll either be in the Championship with a hefty legal bill or in the Championship with hefty compensation. No outcome is going to reinstate them, so the competition will go on as normal. As soon as this gets voted down they have no direct significance to the Premier League so will not hinder its restart.

Anne’s done plenty to derail competitive action at Hearts already tbf.

6 hours ago, Aim Here said:

After latching onto Ranger's fantasy dossier of weak pish claiming that the SPFL board were the Svengali puppetmasters of Scottish fitba', she now wants to use the SPFL board to overrule the club votes, using some ad-hoc emergency powers. Relegation is far too good for these whining chancers. Reconstruct Hearts out of the League and doon to the Juniors!

She looks like that poor boy that got melted in the Falklands.

12 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I did, your first post was only minutes before and didn't have much relevance to the others. That's why I asked you specifically.

(Mainwaring)

OK, so let me explain, off the back of Hearts desperately trying to avoid relegation (which I understand) there were many scenarios and the one that irritated me most was to do with playing the season out, not fair etc, etc, we might have been OK, and so on, my point was simply since the league had been called AND it was and still is unlawful to play football in the manner required that it was all by the by.  Can tell it's been a long while since I watched Dads Army, oppp's.

Love reading some of the suggestions fans on Twitter have to reconstruct the leagues. The sort of suggestions that can be shot down as completely unworkable by anyone with half a brain in about 8 seconds. Not just Hearts fans btw, although they are a major contributor.