League Reconstruction 20/21 season

After an August Saturday morning spent on Zoom talking to the likes of Scot Gardiner and John Nelms about starting some form of Championship season in January 2021, Ann Budge looks out the window to see the Hamilton team bus heading to Easter Road:

angry viral moments GIF

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Are you going to do a tribute?

I’ll run naked around Tynecastle.  If challenged by the police I’ll claim I was testing my balance and sense of direction.

That makes no sense but apparently making sense is no longer a requirement.

10 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Can we please reconstruct to have four leagues of 12-12-10-10 so nobody is penalised apart from Hearts?

We can’t have Falkirk back in the 2nd tier unfortunately.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

We can’t have Falkirk back in the 2nd tier unfortunately.

Be reasonable. How about Hearts get demoted to league one and Falkirk, Caley and Dundee all get promoted?

1 hour ago, Romeo said:
1 hour ago, Szamo said:
Celtic will still announce the attendance as 57000 though.

Seems a bit low..?

That's because The Gweedore Emerald Green Harp Hunger Strike Martyrs Memorial John F Kennedy Celtic Supporters Club won't be able to travel. (Their banner won't fit on the boat, either.)

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I can see both sides of it hearts have been relegated on an incomplete season which is a disgrace and should never have been allowed to happen.

Budge is only interested in hearts and she has no interest in the lower leagues of her proposal and if she gets in a top 14 , she doesn’t give a shit about what happens to the other leagues or even if they are capable of starting the season.

In what way was it a 'disgrace'?

A bit unfortunate certainly, but hardly a dreadful scandal.

It absolutely had to happen and absolutely should have happened, all the way down the leagues, which it did.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

In what way was it a 'disgrace'?

A bit unfortunate certainly, but hardly a dreadful scandal.

It absolutely had to happen and absolutely should have happened, all the way down the leagues, which it did.

Excluding club 42 who just so happens to be a board member, so not all the way down.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Excluding club 42 who just so happens to be a board member, so not all the way down.

Since when have Hearts and their supporters been remotely interested in the fate of the club that has finished bottom of League 2 ?

Oh of course, I remember now, it's when they can use it as noise to prove how corrupt Scottish football is. Blatant self-interest perhaps ?

Otherwise your concern for League 2 and the lower leagues is admirable.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-i-will-take-legal-action-if-hearts-are-relegated-itd-be-restriction-trade-2868046

Interesting to see how this pans out. She has fair changed her tune from a month or two ago when she ruled out legal action all together. Wee Leslie must’ve been on at her.

Edited by Zing.

3 minutes ago, Zing. said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-i-will-take-legal-action-if-hearts-are-relegated-itd-be-restriction-trade-2868046

Interesting to see how this pans out. She has fair changed her tune from a month or two ago when she ruled out legal action all together. Wee Leslie must’ve been on at her.

Pretty sure the Cowdenbeath chairman has been in court a few times and he certainly doesn’t seem to be panicking

27 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Since when have Hearts and their supporters been remotely interested in the fate of the club that has finished bottom of League 2 ?

Oh of course, I remember now, it's when they can use it as noise to prove how corrupt Scottish football is. Blatant self-interest perhaps ?

Otherwise your concern for League 2 and the lower leagues is admirable.

Or I may be pointing out facts that no all the way down which was said in the post.  

10 minutes ago, Zing. said:

If the championship has teams and games starting August as proposed by SPFL, surely that argument is dead. If it was an argument to begin with

Even if games are behind closed doors that is a government rule rather than the fault of SPFL

9 minutes ago, Zing. said:

That's about the same time she was assuring us that Sevcos dossier would hold water.

Would love to be a fly on the wall of Mondays zoom call if her "threatometer of doom" continues to ratchet up.

16 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Really? I must have missed that. Got a link to anything?