Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

18 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Good to see some things never change though - apart from Stewart Milne (he of the tears and snotters you describe), this is a quote from the CEX of Hearts

Hearts chief executive David Southern accused St Mirren of not being frank in public over their reasons for opposing the plan.

"I think it's been shown today that the 11-1 vote was just used as a smokescreen to protect other people's interests," he said.

"We go back to a 12-team SPL, one team relegated, one team up from the SFL and it's business as usual but with an even tougher economic climate for clubs.

"I don't now see where we will go. I think maybe now the onus is on the Scottish FA to become actively involved to try and steer the game to better waters."

Its like Budge has just cut and pasted one of Southerns crayon jobs.

FWIW, the structure allowed St M and Ross County to kybosh the proposals - and I for one am glad about that. That Milne was playing that particular blame game in the media shows that - while the actors are different - the play remains the same.

The 11 - 1 structure biting Milne on the backside was a great example of karma.

21 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

I'm in  a minority of one, but I thought the 8 - 8 - 8 split after 22 games was a brilliant idea.

It effectively produced euro place football for the top 8, play-off football for the middle 8 and relegation football for the bottom 8.

Convoluted... yes, but not any more so than what we have now (anyone for 18 home games and 20 away)?

I genuinely think it would have generated more interest and excitement than anything else I've seen proposed.

Yours, I'm nae Wiggy, bit I dee spik a wee bitty like him.

aDONis

It just all seemed a bit far fetched and over complicated.

I just dismissed it straight away but i see what you mean.

i still favorite what we have already.Nothing wrong with it.

In among all the fairness drama, there was one 'f**k nobody over' reconstruction solution...

14-18-12

All perfectly do-able fixture wise.

4 minutes ago, Cornishman said:

In among all the fairness drama, there was one 'f**k nobody over' reconstruction solution...

14-18-12

Who are the 18th club in the new Championship? Either Stranraer or Cove would be getting fucked over surely?

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Who are the 18th club in the new Championship? Either Stranraer or Cove would be getting fucked over surely?

I thought that too, but presumably its...

14 - Top 12 plus Hearts/ICT.

18 - 8 Championship sides,10 League One sides (including Cove)

12 - 10 League Two sides plus Brora/Kelty

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Stranraer, 8 points behind and whiney bitches. Or Cove, who cares?

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I thought that too, but presumably its...

14 - Top 12 plus Hearts/ICT.

18 - 8 Championship sides,10 League One sides (including Cove)

12 - 10 League Two sides plus Brora/Kelty

Which means Thistle and Hearts have been saved but not Stranraer.

14 minutes ago, Cornishman said:

14-18-12

Not bad but a bit too unbalanced.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Good to see some things never change though - apart from Stewart Milne (he of the tears and snotters you describe), this is a quote from the CEX of Hearts

Hearts chief executive David Southern accused St Mirren of not being frank in public over their reasons for opposing the plan.

"I think it's been shown today that the 11-1 vote was just used as a smokescreen to protect other people's interests," he said.

"We go back to a 12-team SPL, one team relegated, one team up from the SFL and it's business as usual but with an even tougher economic climate for clubs.

"I don't now see where we will go. I think maybe now the onus is on the Scottish FA to become actively involved to try and steer the game to better waters."

Its like Budge has just cut and pasted one of Southerns crayon jobs.

FWIW, the structure allowed St M and Ross County to kybosh the proposals - and I for one am glad about that. That Milne was playing that particular blame game in the media shows that - while the actors are different - the play remains the same.

St. Mirren - 34 years of serpentine duplicity!

P1150103.img_assist_custom.jpg

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Which means Thistle and Hearts have been saved but not Stranraer.

Fair point.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair point.

Oooops! My miscount. Should be 14-20-10

Oooops! My miscount. Should be 14-20-10

That means the likes of Dundee swap some of their games against teams like Dunfermline for games against teams like Cowdenbeath

Which would probably attract some complaints

And it wouldn’t f**k over Hearts so that’s not going to be acceptable to many of our more excitable chums in Leith and Paisley

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That means the likes of Dundee swap some of their games against teams like Dunfermline for games against teams like Cowdenbeath

Which would probably attract some complaints

And it wouldn’t f**k over Hearts so that’s not going to be acceptable to many of our more excitable chums in Leith and Paisley

You were relegated.  Try not being so shite next time round.  For a year, no less. 

Some of these hearts fans in their forum are in a world of there own !!!, We are all diddy clubs, we all need them, boycott everyone, praying some team goes bust stay  in Seriously they are getting more and more like the Glasgow bigots every passing day, with one difference DOON  YOU GO CUS YOUR S**** !!

Budge now saying that the SPFL Board May step in if the lower league clubs snooker this.  If that happens then surely supporters of all clubs need to support the lower league clubs? 

Just now, Bose said:

Budge now saying that the SPFL Board May step in if the lower league clubs snooker this.  If that happens then surely supporters of all clubs need to support the lower league clubs? 

Na 

3 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Na 

Well all those that can behave like adults

5 minutes ago, Bose said:

That WOULD be grounds for a court case.

7 minutes ago, Bose said:

How could they? It’s a members organisation. What the clubs vote for will be what happens.

Ive just watched the Sky Sports video. She’s saying it’s based on hearsay as she’s not read the rules, but the board can step in if they deem the situation to be serious enough/an emergency. 

Edited by Zing.