League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’d say it’s the people demanding the refund who don’t “understand football and how the loyalty aspect works.”

Yes but how many people are doing that exactly? Enough for it to be an issue? 

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’d say it’s the people demanding the refund who don’t “understand football and how the loyalty aspect works.”

I kinda understand what you mean - I am self employed and have got f**k all due to the start date of my business...............but as far as i am concerned, Hibs can keep last years cash.

The big issue - as @Falcor Roar alluded to - is that the classy thing to do is "offer" a refund, and 99% of people dont take it.

I am genuinely unsure if Ann B understands fitba at all...............she also said in the Sky interview that Scottish football is one of Scotlands larger industries. It really isnt, either on the metric of employees or turnover, she really doesnt have a clue - f**k knows how shes a squillionaire.

Once everything has calmed down, I look forward to the SPFL or other clubs coming up with a sensible solution which will allow all clubs to play possibly from August behind closed doors if that is the only option.

It appears most clubs just want score points against other clubs with little or no thought to how football will resume.  It is always easy to dismiss other people’s suggestions but a lot harder to put forward solutions.  Whilst Anne Budges suggestion is a clear attempt to save Hearts from relegation, there has been a deafening silence from others on the way forward for next season and anyone who thinks that the current structure will magically restart in August / September is living in a different world.

If the Premier league restarts and the other divisions don’t then Hearts will just have to live with that no matter how much we moan and groan. 

5 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

Once everything has calmed down, I look forward to the SPFL or other clubs coming up with a sensible solution which will allow all clubs to play possibly from August behind closed doors if that is the only option.

It appears most clubs just want score points against other clubs with little or no thought to how football will resume.  It is always easy to dismiss other people’s suggestions but a lot harder to put forward solutions.  Whilst Anne Budges suggestion is a clear attempt to save Hearts from relegation, there has been a deafening silence from others on the way forward for next season and anyone who thinks that the current structure will magically restart in August / September is living in a different world.

If the Premier league restarts and the other divisions don’t then Hearts will just have to live with that no matter how much we moan and groan. 

Maybe because we dont need reconstruction and we have to do what the government say regarding matches.

Nothing we can do at this point.

9 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

What's Ann Budges proposal for starting next season, if it cant be played as a normal season?

Especially in the second tier of 14 where you have multiple clubs either side of the divide in terms of closed door games.

23 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

There is an SPFL Coronavirus joint response team, consisting of six working groups, made up of representatives of clubs from all levels. They give a fortnightly update (the last was the 14th May, which means another should be due).

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

After latching onto Ranger's fantasy dossier of weak pish claiming that the SPFL board were the Svengali puppetmasters of Scottish fitba', she now wants to use the SPFL board to overrule the club votes, using some ad-hoc emergency powers. Relegation is far too good for these whining chancers. Reconstruct Hearts out of the League and doon to the Juniors!

Always wondered what was on the other side of the brechin hedge. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's Ann Budges proposal for starting next season, if it cant be played as a normal season?

Especially in the second tier of 14 where you have multiple clubs either side of the divide in terms of closed door games.

I think Anne Budge’s proposal is a clear attempt to keep Hearts up and ultimately we deserve to go down... my worry is what are we actually going to go down to with suggestions of an mouth balled season or 18/20 game season for divisions below the Premier League.

For me I would of preferred her proposal to focus on how the bigger clubs could of supported the smaller clubs financially to get them through the next couple of seasons. 

Something radical like sharing all prize and tv money equally between all 42 clubs. It would be interesting to see if any of the Premier league teams would step up and share any TV money they receive for next season among all 42 clubs equally rather than keep the lions share amongst themselves. We should be thinking about the scottish game as a whole.. if sharing all the cash out equally meant Hearts got a smaller parachute payment but helped some of the smaller clubs survive then so be it. This may have also helped support clubs like QOS start the season without fans coming through the gate.

That may also have helped gain some support for any reconstruction from clubs in the lower divisions.

30 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Yes but how many people are doing that exactly? Enough for it to be an issue? 

Going into tinfoil hat/shitstirring Hibs fan mode, it might be that that Budge is expecting to do something that alienates the fanbase in the near future and is trying to pre-empt a run on season ticket refunds when whatever it is kicks in. We are seeing a fair amount of desperation right now from both fans and club.

It's probably not the case, and more likely Budge misjudging the fans like she's apparently misjudging everyone else, but I'll mention it in case I get to pull a sneaky 'I told you so' in a couple of month's time...

She doesn't care, it's only about Hearts.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If the second tier cant be played as normal (I think it will be ok), then it means no fans at prem games anyway.

There will be no difference between the divisions money wise.Arbroath will be getting the same gates as Celtic. 0.

9 minutes ago, Unfinished sympathy said:

I asked a simple question.

What is Ann Budges proposal if the 20/21 season cannot be started as normal?

You claimed the current set up and most clubs are failing to resolve that issue while Budge has it sussed, so what is her plan?

2 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

There will be no difference between the divisions money wise.Arbroath will be getting the same gates as Celtic. 0.

Celtic will still announce the attendance as 57000 though.