Jump to content
Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

How can you reconstruct without final positions?

You clearly haven't understood the point I'm making.

A shock to everyone, I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think you need to step back and see is 14-14-14 a better set up than the one we have now.
I like the split in a 14 because it sorts out the uneven games that the 12 gives us.
I like the bigger league because it gives 2 more teams a crack in the top flight.
Is 14 better than 12 for me yes,do we need to change the 12 not really.
But is 14 better than 10 for the lower divisions? This needs to suit everyone, not just the top flight.

Liking a 14 team league with a split that will give us 36 games for the top 6 and 40 for the bottom 8 because it sorts out uneven games that 12 gives us seems a bit of a push?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Green Day said:

Doncaster can recommend a solution, but the clubs still need to vote for it.

Can you explain to us what - in Budges proposal - makes it better for the 42 teams?

Happy to take your answers on a divisional level.

Budgie doesn't want Hearts in a Championship that might be cancelled or curtailed.  End-of-message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You clearly haven't understood the point I'm making.

A shock to everyone, I'm sure.

You are waffling without making a point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bennett said:

A few weeks ago, scoop was the bees knees on PnB

 

 

Please stop lying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think you need to step back and see is 14-14-14 a better set up than the one we have now.
I like the split in a 14 because it sorts out the uneven games that the 12 gives us.
I like the bigger league because it gives 2 more teams a crack in the top flight.
Is 14 better than 12 for me yes,do we need to change the 12 not really.

If 14-14-14 is so much better than what we have now then answer 2 questions please.

1. Why was it only introduced as a serious question/option in the past 8 weeks and not before the season started?

2. Why not go as we are and introduce it next summer AFTER every club knows what the outcome will be for finishing in a particular league position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

Written by Keith Jackson the lying c**t.  Record Sport "understands" with the usual quotes from nobody other than sources.  Ok then.

If Keith Jackson told me fire was hot I'd still put my hand in it to check.  Or something.

You might be as well putting his hand in it. He could be right in this instance. (A bit like Bohemian was right earlier...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The DA said:

Budgie doesn't want Hearts in a Championship that might be cancelled or curtailed.  End-of-message.

And would not have been the least bit concerned if it was Hamilton Accies facing that prospect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If 14-14-14 is so great why would it only be temporary? What would suddenly make it not great after 2 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No you bloody can’t stay in the top flight, Hearts :lol: 

Get the f**k doon and look forward to your Maroon derbies with Arbroath next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Is that not the same thing as the clubs?

In a way, and my point still stands. You'd get 42 different answers on what is the best set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

How about two leagues of 20?

20 plus 20 does not make 42... Other than that, great idea..😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

20 plus 20 does not make 42... Other than that, great idea..😂

Kicking the old scum out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

If 14-14-14 is so much better than what we have now then answer 2 questions please.

1. Why was it only introduced as a serious question/option in the past 8 weeks and not before the season started?

2. Why not go as we are and introduce it next summer AFTER every club knows what the outcome will be for finishing in a particular league position?

A global pandemic would be the short answer, I asked you a question yesterday and you didn't answer it.
As a Clyde fan being the top team in the bottom 14 does it give Clyde a better chance to be promoted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

How about two leagues of 20?

Can we not go one step further? One big league of 44 next year, play each other once through random draw of home and away. 

Revert back to current system in 2021-2022 with the top 12 playing the premiersip, the next 10 in the championship etc and bottom 2 back down to the lowland/highland leagues.

Unless Hearts finish below 12th, in which case rinse and repeat every year until we're guaranteed Premiership status. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You might be as well putting his hand in it. He could be right in this instance. (A bit like Bohemian was right earlier...)

I'm not sure how or when I rattled your cage but whatever or whenever it was seems to have really upset you. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

If 14-14-14 is so great why would it only be temporary? What would suddenly make it not great after 2 years?

Reasons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I'm not sure how or when I rattled your cage but whatever or whenever it was seems to have really upset you. 😂

Post a comment = upset. Cheryl Cole Okay GIF - CherylCole Okay Awkward GIFs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...