League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Yes, the "two seasons only" doesn't make the restructuring more palatable, it makes it much less attractive. Clubs don't need years of instability to look forward to on the back of a pandemic and inevitable recession.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

They'd be one good season from the championship.  And they'd be one of the favourites to so, they wouldn't be in a current league one.

Yes, but theyd suffer next season financially as the majority of sides they face are League Two sides. Isnt this whole idea meant to be for no team to suffer financially because of Covid? 

7 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

We have a lot of the blame on ourselves and rightly too, but honestly, with the manner of how the vote went, seeing only one other country taking this route 

Who's the "one other country"?

France just declared Champions/Relegation based on the same process.

Joining Belgium, Scotland, the EFL League Two (other EFL leagues still to vote). The Dutch league voted to end but have voided the whole season instead.

12 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Yes they will still be third tier and but they have just won league 2, so they will now be playing the same teams but with Clyde, Forfar, Stranraer and Peterhead added. They will be among the favourites to be promoted to the 2nd tier or championship. If the leagues stay as they are then Cove will be competing against Falkirk, Partick, Airdrie etc for promotion. They probably won't be among the favourites. 

I agree it may feel like they are not being promoted and that is a negative but in the 2 scenarios of league reconstruction which option gives them a better chance to get to the championship.

Genuine question, what would you prefer as a Cove fan?

So instead of being promoted to League One for next season, you want to delay that promotion, while also increasing the chances that they're in League One for 22/23 as their "best" outcome is likely to be trying to avoid finishing in the bottom 8 of a 14 team division that contains 10 Championship sides.

So at best, realistically, Cove will be committing to not playing in League One for 3 seasons, despite being promoted to it this Summer.

Or the leagues stay as they are, and they have a genuine chance of the League One Play-Offs next season.

Cove in 2021/22

8th in Championship under Budges plan - Relegated to League One.

8th in Championship under current set up - Stay in Championship. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, but theyd suffer next season financially as the majority of sides they face are League Two sides. Isnt this whole idea meant to be for no team to suffer financially because of Covid? 

You really haven't got a scooby,the Aberdeen chairman said hes losing £1 million a mouth how on earth are clubs not losing dinero? 

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

You really haven't got a scooby,the Aberdeen chairman said hes losing £1 million a mouth how on earth are clubs not losing dinero? 

That's my point you thick f**k.

[mention=8434]the jambo-rocker[/mention], sorry forgot to quote your post and now don't seem able to without having to retype all the pish below...
I've said before that I've some sympathy for Hearts and Thistle, they may not have escaped but it was far from impossible.
If you look at Clyde's statement, it says that the club were willing to consider restructuring if it could be done in a way that didn't unfairly impact any member club.
Budge ignored said goodwill and continued with the plan to bludgeon through 14-14-14, even though doing so would be shafting a number of clubs. Claiming that said move was about the good of Scottish football rather than for Hearts' interests is also just silly.
That, and the "part time clubs deserve to go bust for not doing what we want" attitude of some (though, admittedly, not all) Hearts fans is why they have lost any sympathy.
You'll get no arguments from me. Up until a couple weeks ago, I thought we had some case but we've probably all but fucked it now. Still raging mind.
Who's the "one other country"?
France just declared Champions/Relegation based on the same process.
Joining Belgium, Scotland, the EFL League Two (other EFL leagues still to vote). The Dutch league voted to end but have voided the whole season instead.
I have only clocked the French tbh. You'll forgive me for not scouring the league's in my state of apathy. From what I've seen the relegated Belgian team are still looking to challenge it. It's more than seeing other leagues now looking to restart up when we went for the quick option to tie up the TV money. I don't grudge clubs for doing it, but the manner of that vote still irks. Say what you like about everyone else, none of the other countries declared it in the joke manner we did.

5 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

You'll get no arguments from me. Up until a couple weeks ago, I thought we had some case but we've probably all but fucked it now. Still raging mind.I have only clocked the French tbh. You'll forgive me for not scouring the league's in my state of apathy. From what I've seen the relegated Belgian team are still looking to challenge it. It's more than seeing other leagues now looking to restart up when we went for the quick option to tie up the TV money. I don't grudge clubs for doing it, but the manner of that vote still irks. Say what you like about everyone else, none of the other countries declared it in the joke manner we did.

Belgian and French clubs challenging it, as are Dutch sides who have been denied promotion.

In Holland they asked the clubs to vote, the clubs all voted and a majority vote was carried to allow champions/relegation. Then the Dutch FA just ignored it and voided the season 😂 at least in Scotland the result of the vote was actually upheld.

The "other leagues" so far seem to be the big five, them trying to restart shouldn't be a comparison for Scotland, considering most of those leagues make over 1 billion from TV deals.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Your score on the reddies suggests you post to annoy people. On that basis I am unsure as to why people are entertaining your low quality, transparent trolling.

Why is it trolling to back up what a guy who’s forgotten more about football than anyone on here?

Tinkering around the edges of a broken system has got the Scottish game absolutely nowhere.

There needs to be radical change,carrying on the way things are is not an option.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's my point you thick f**k.

Ok feckface,You are posting about clubs that are thinking of mothballing next season because they can't get fans through the gates.
Taking away 4 tiers and replacing it with 3 every team is getting promoted from the bottom tier.
It has little or no effect on cove as they will be one of the favorites to be promoted again.
To say they're going to lose dosh when every club is losing dosh is fecking irrelevant. 

41 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Easily resolved cut the obscene wages and all clubs refuse to deal with agents would save a fortune 

6 hours ago, Miko’s Dive said:

No. Had we finished bottom after 38 games then it would be relegated. 

We were expelled on the whim of a vote carried out by teams with direct interest in our expulsion. Including your team. 

If this was some nefarious plan wouldn’t the others have been better keeping Hearts up so they could take the maroon pound and the easy points?

Budge offering Scottish Football free COVID-19 testing now but only if league reconstruction is agreed to. 

Complete and utter desperation.  Disgusting to use that as a bribe during these times to be honest. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

So instead of being promoted to League One for next season, you want to delay that promotion, while also increasing the chances that they're in League One for 22/23 as their "best" outcome is likely to be trying to avoid finishing in the bottom 8 of a 14 team division that contains 10 Championship sides.

So at best, realistically, Cove will be committing to not playing in League One for 3 seasons, despite being promoted to it this Summer.

Or the leagues stay as they are, and they have a genuine chance of the League One Play-Offs next season.

Cove in 2021/22

8th in Championship under Budges plan - Relegated to League One.

8th in Championship under current set up - Stay in Championship. 

That's assuming they get promoted to the championship from a more difficult league 1 next season including the likes of Falkirk and Partick instead of Clyde and Stranraer.

Okay then, If they finish 8th in the championship in 2021/22 as part of a 14-14-14 structure then they will be the 22nd best team in the country so if we go back to a 12-10-10-10 league they will still be in the championship. Either way if the finish 8th in the championship in any structure they will remain there.

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

When will the actual vote on this proposal be conducted?

It needs three backers to go to vote? Which democratically run club can put their backing to this?

They may have self interest as their motive but it'll be a PR disaster to back that.

Edited by Sparticus
spel

42 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Easily resolved cut the obscene wages and all clubs refuse to deal with agents would save a fortune 

Separate to this debate, but that is a point I have wondered about for years. Why don't the PFA employ 2,3,4 commercially minded professionals on a good salary to represent their members in these negotiations and cut the agents out?