Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I do think it's a bit crass to suggest there's no unfairness for Hearts here. Clearly, this is pretty tough to take.

The truth of the matter is there's just no feasible or practical way to proceed other than for them to take their medicine here.

I was open minded to temporary reconstruction but it's not practical and there's literally no incentive for other clubs to vote for it other than this sense of injustice for Hearts. It's not enough though, not nearly enough.

Its not unfair under the circumstances, it's more unlucky.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, and I at no point suggested a rerun.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

Try reading for the sake of comprehension then champ. 

Just now, virginton said:

Try reading for the sake of comprehension then champ. 

Well, 'football isn't meant to be fair' is the kind of broad brush, stupid statement you have seemingly committed yourself to on this forum for some time so I'm not sure it's worth it.

9 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Not a chance in hell dead duck from the start. She's no got a clue 

You called it.

To be fair you called a top division of every even number from 12 to 20 depending on the prevailing wind.

This proposal makes Dominic Cummings seem reasonable.

Lets relegate four teams from league 1 and not promote Cove.

Let the championship  take gates from Dumbarton and Montrose away supports etc and see a far less competitive league

Let 3 teams come down from premiership and then reconstruct again to what actually works at present. (unless of course Hearts were one of the three!)

After all it is all about what is good for Scottish Football and nothing whatsoever about self preservation.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Well, 'football isn't meant to be fair' is the kind of broad brush, stupid statement you have seemingly committed yourself to on this forum for some time so I'm not sure it's worth it.

You're not sure if it's 'worth' comprehending written words? Looks like we've just found the most stupid statement on the forum then.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

You're not sure if it's 'worth' comprehending written words? Looks like we've just found the most stupid statement on the forum then.

Cutting stuff, looks like you won that one.

1 hour ago, Miko’s Dive said:

Pipe down. You’ll do what Lawell tells you. 

Down you go shags, ta ta 

3 x 14 is an improvement to the current model. Expand the play offs and let's go. 
The current model works fine. Relegate Hearts and let's go.

1 minute ago, elgin proud said:

3 x 14 is an improvement to the current model. Expand the play offs and let's go. 

Agreed but it’s got to be permanent 

40 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah, on your way. You've already proven you are not worth the arguing with. 

Awww, Mr DJ. Please don't be like that.

Started laughing again when I remembered Hearts are going to be playing only one tier above Cove next season 

56F56D04-70DF-4B6D-82C3-76EEC0107524.jpeg

Edited by Frank Grimes

1 minute ago, elgin proud said:

Not for just two years and not to save already relegated clubs in the meantime though. 

Presumably Ann 'successful businesswoman with the best interests of the game at heart' Budge will either generously grant those two amendments or agree to defer implementation of her grand plan until the end of the 20/21 season. 

Can someone please clarify what the wording of this legal action is likely to be?  Is it something like, a global pandemic caused the football season to be halted while Hearts were bottom of the league.  The SPFL, of which we are a voting member, decided to hold a vote to determine if the league could be at some point be completed or if it should be considered finished and placings decided on a points per game average.  We lost that vote, which no one has suggested was undemocratic, so we are going to scream and scream and scream until we get what we want. 

There must be something I am not seeing here.

Edited by Bose

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair point.

Suspect there'll be a cash cow at Tynecastle again next season so fans can fund a court battle. You certainly cant expect a football club to fund itself.

That can't be right, all clubs magically fund themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

That can't be right, all clubs magically fund themselves. 

Most clubs with £15m+ turnover dont rely on outside investors and the fans, tbh.

Hearts fans are incredibly blind to how poorly your whole club is run.

3 minutes ago, Bose said:

Can someone please clarify what the wording of this legal action is likely to be?  Is it something like, a global pandemic caused the football season to be halted while Hearts were bottom of the league.  The SPFL, of which we are a voting member, decided to hold a vote to determine if the league could be at some point be completed or if it should be considered finished and placings decided on a points per game average.  We lost that vote, which no one has suggested was undemocratic, so we are going to scream and scream and scream until we get what we want. 

There must be something I am not seeing here.

I agree, I can't see the basis for the complaint.

The only thing I can see is to go over the whole voting process/Dundee late vote issue again and call it dodgy. But even then, if the vote was done again you'd get exactly the same outcome. I just can't see the legal grounds either.

40 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Let's just say that Hearts do take legal action. And somehow win because there was a possibility of them not finishing bottom, or being relegated in a playoff. Why would every other club not take the same legal action for what they could have done? Hibs could have finished 3rd and qualified for Europe. Prize money for finishing higher in the league plus European football would be worth I'd guess around 2m to Hibs for example. Rangers could potentially say that they could have won the league and qualified for the Champions League, that's worth probably 20m to them.

Now it's blatantly obvious that the SPFL don't have the money to pay these liabilities. So in this scenario the SPFL would be liquidated and Hearts in the best case scenario would be entitled to a part of the assets they have. Which is f**k all.

Because they were not on the end of a rushed, misleading board recommendation with a big money-carrot attached. There were 3 options - "call it", "null and void it", "play it whenever possible. No option was perfect. But if they had all been put to the clubs (without the clearly separable money issue) and the vote was to "call it" then yes Hearts, Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer would be pissed off, but everybody would have had to accept it.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Most clubs with £15m+ turnover dont rely on outside investors and the fans, tbh.

Hearts fans are incredibly blind to how poorly your whole club is run.

We know how poorly the football side of our club has been run.