League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Some free advice for you: don’t quote i8 from Kickback. He is a laughing stock who hates Budge more than he loves Hearts. 

Is that the same I8hibs from way back? What a ridiculous tosspot that chap was.

If he’s slating Budge’s efforts then maybe she has a chance after all

2 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I have a sneaking feeling they are going to worm their way out of this :lol:

Can see Hibs voting in favour resulting in Hibs.Net melting off the internet 

They've got most of our season ticket money now, could probably get away with it. There'd be a hell of a fuss kicked up.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Is that the same I8hibs from way back? What a ridiculous tosspot that chap was.

If he’s slating Budge’s efforts then maybe she has a chance after all

He is the biggest tosspot on Kickback. 

Just now, Zing. said:

Any idea what number of yes votes AB’s proposal would need to pass across the leagues? It’s been reported differently all over the place.

11 in Prem, 8 in every other league I'm pretty sure.

2 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Any idea what number of yes votes AB’s proposal would need to pass across the leagues? It’s been reported differently all over the place.

Apparently:

For Hearts' 14-14-14 plan to pass, it would require nine of the 12 Premiership clubs to vote in favour, along with eight in the Championship and 15 across Leagues One and Two.

A 14-14-16 model - which would include Lowland League champions Kelty and Highland counterparts Brora - needs the approval of 11 of the 12 Premiership clubs, 17 in total from the top flight and Championship, and 32 of the current 42 in all divisions.

9 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Next season will be shorter but I don't see how 14 can work in a normal year? Split would need to be mid-January?

Just takes a couple of weeks of snow & the whole season is messed up.

We had that Rangers game postponed in October & couldn't find a date when the split was at the end of march.

Don't forget to work in the second wave to your statement..

37 minutes ago, Miko’s Dive said:

Not really. 

Even I can pick holes in the statement but the overriding thing everyone needs to take from it - and get their heads round - is that Scottish football is in serious danger of collapse and clubs need protected. 

But if you think a court case that may mean SPFL shelling out a huge sum to Hearts as compensation is the right thing to do right now, then fine. We can afford to keep fighting...can the clubs?

No, he pretty much is spot on, if he’s the laughing stock yet the only one who seems to realise Hearts got themselves in this position what does that say about many of the other posters on there. ? I’m not sure a line of give us what we want or we will try and financially destroy Scottish  football is the wise way to go about this, all that will create is a pariah football club and there are no winners in that. Hearts are a big club with a proud tradition, they should live up to that in the right way. They will bounce back pretty quickly and that’s where the focus should be, not on some daft court case.

Edited by Yorky

Not only is the paper a load of drivel - clubs can not possibly vote for her proposal as she gives no shred of analysis on the estimated impacts of her proposal.

Nothing about what it would cost notional clubs finishing in X position; nothing about % chance of relegation; nothing about the estimated revenue of the league below the Premiership into which teams would be relegated; nothing about what would happen after the temporary, two-year period. And none of that is particularly hard to provide, especially with the amount of time she’s had to work on this. Without it, clubs can’t evaluate the proposal - even if they were to set their principles aside and entertain such a blatantly self-serving and anti-sporting suggestion.

What’s worrying to me is that she seems to be one of the most prominent leaders in Scottish football, and this is the level of thought, effort, analysis we’re seeing. 

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

D7F7FA0A-AE06-4C0D-A8B4-6EB885537EBA.png.e18d01c16ce8ac34972521a524124228.png

“This is not the time to be expelling one of the League’s biggest and best resourced Clubs from the Premiership.“

In short, the Premiership needs Hearts more than the Championship does.”

How magnanimous of her. In the same spirit, it's also, therefore, not the time to be launching spurious and doomed-to-failure legal action just because your shite fucking team finished last.

Honestly, the narrative that Hearts got relegated by Covid couldn't be further from the truth. The reality is that they're hoping Covid will bail them out. It drips from every word of that plan.

17 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Apparently:

For Hearts' 14-14-14 plan to pass, it would require nine of the 12 Premiership clubs to vote in favour, along with eight in the Championship and 15 across Leagues One and Two.

A 14-14-16 model - which would include Lowland League champions Kelty and Highland counterparts Brora - needs the approval of 11 of the 12 Premiership clubs, 17 in total from the top flight and Championship, and 32 of the current 42 in all divisions.

Their 14-14-14 plan involves a change to the financial distribution model, so it needs exactly the same as the 14-14-16 here.

13 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

Nothing about what it would cost notional clubs finishing in X position; nothing about % chance of relegation; nothing about the estimated revenue of the league below the Premiership into which teams would be relegated

If they haven't already worked that out themselves they're laughably unprepared. It's not rocket science.