Jump to content
Sinner-to-Saint

League Reconstruction 20/21 season

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Your right but as I say we’ve sold our soul to SKY and clubs cannot sell their home games because SKY have exclusive rights see below

 

UK pay-TV giant Sky Sports has agreed a UK£150 million (US$192.8 million) deal with the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) to become the exclusive home of the Scottish Premiership.

The five-year deal, which kicks in from the 2020/21 campaign, will see the broadcaster show 48 games from Scottish soccer’s top flight each season. The agreement also covers the season-ending play-offs, which features teams from both the Premiership and Championship vying for a place in the top tier.

Sky have exclusive rights to 48 games they've cherry picked the ones they want.
If games next season are played behind closed doors you can't expect clubs to sit back and lose that revenue.
For me this is the game changer  and the goal posts must be moved,clubs must be allowed to sell their home games through club TV.
Benfica do this in Portugal with a TV deal in place,if it's only in place for one season until fans are allowed back into stadiums then fair enough but if it is successful and clubs want to keep it in place they should decide on that not SKY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, johnnydun said:

TBF it is quite possible that it may be 1 league of 16 next season, with the rest not willing to risk closed door games.

It would mean the whole prize pot for the season would only be split 16 ways, so prem teams might agree to this.

I think the other 26 teams agreeing to mothball may be more of a sticking point than the premier teams agreeing to split the pot up 16 ways.  Easier said than done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

Sounds plausible right enough - a 42 team league.  Auld Auntie Anne and her pals in the media are starting to reek of desperation now.  

Actually, let's go for a 20-20 league, excluding the gruesome twosome from the tables... but, every team in the two divisions gets one home & one away match against an ugly sister each season to make a total of 40 matches.

Old Firm thus get 40 matches and could have four games against each other thrown on at Xmas/Easter, say to make 44 matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Gossip columns saying possibility of one league for next season, the meltdown on here will be glorious if so😂

Get doon with some of the little dignity you have left ffs man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Gossip columns saying possibility of one league for next season, the meltdown on here will be glorious if so😂

Sounds good, a one off Corona league for a year the everyone back to their 20/21 positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see successful businesswoman Ann Budge's successful business proposal for reconstruction has itself been reconstructed into 14 leaks to journos over the weekend, 10 today and 10 tomorrow.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cornishman said:

Actually, let's go for a 20-20 league, excluding the gruesome twosome from the tables... but, every team in the two divisions gets one home & one away match against an ugly sister each season to make a total of 40 matches.

Old Firm thus get 40 matches and could have four games against each other thrown on at Xmas/Easter, say to make 44 matches.

Will you just shut up please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how a temporary one league structure would work.

Theres obviously clubs who want to "hibernate" until a full season with fans is on the table again, and theres obviously clubs who want to play again as they've got, relatively, hefty squads signed up and being paid for. And that's in the same division.

If say the top 12, plus Hearts, Dundee, Ayr, Partick and Falkirk, all want to keep playing, but the rest dont, do you go with a 17 team league?

What that happens in terms of promotion/relegation the season after? 

Do we revert back to the current agreed standing even if a team finishes higher up this temporary division than teams who would be placed in a higher league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure how a temporary one league structure would work.

Theres obviously clubs who want to "hibernate" until a full season with fans is on the table again, and theres obviously clubs who want to play again as they've got, relatively, hefty squads signed up and being paid for. And that's in the same division.

If say the top 12, plus Hearts, Dundee, Ayr, Partick and Falkirk, all want to keep playing, but the rest dont, do you go with a 17 team league?

What that happens in terms of promotion/relegation the season after? 

Do we revert back to the current agreed standing even if a team finishes higher up this temporary division than teams who would be placed in a higher league?

I have mentioned this before, do teams that decline to take part, reapply to join league 2 the following season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure how a temporary one league structure would work.

Theres obviously clubs who want to "hibernate" until a full season with fans is on the table again, and theres obviously clubs who want to play again as they've got, relatively, hefty squads signed up and being paid for. And that's in the same division.

If say the top 12, plus Hearts, Dundee, Ayr, Partick and Falkirk, all want to keep playing, but the rest dont, do you go with a 17 team league?

What that happens in terms of promotion/relegation the season after? 

Do we revert back to the current agreed standing even if a team finishes higher up this temporary division than teams who would be placed in a higher league?

It's a non starter. 

Thie whole thing is getting tiresome now - wasn't v2 of her previously rejected dossier due on Friday and then delayed until today.  Now it's another 48Hrs.

Under what authority is she operating?  Needs shutting down, pronto.  Fucking championship club now as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure how a temporary one league structure would work.

Theres obviously clubs who want to "hibernate" until a full season with fans is on the table again, and theres obviously clubs who want to play again as they've got, relatively, hefty squads signed up and being paid for. And that's in the same division.

If say the top 12, plus Hearts, Dundee, Ayr, Partick and Falkirk, all want to keep playing, but the rest dont, do you go with a 17 team league?

What that happens in terms of promotion/relegation the season after? 

Do we revert back to the current agreed standing even if a team finishes higher up this temporary division than teams who would be placed in a higher league?

Morton want to carry on playing as well I'm sure.

This proposal would not at all be workable. If you go ahead with 12 top flight clubs plus the 5 or 6 lower league clubs who want to carry on in one division, you'd get clubs like Dunfermline QotS etc., correctly reversing their will not to play as there would then be a prospect of telly money to offset no crowds. Next thing you know, you've got 25 or 26 teams all wanting to be part of it.

Edited by djchapsticks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TonyFerrino said:

It's a non starter. 

Thie whole thing is getting tiresome now - wasn't v2 of her previously rejected dossier due on Friday and then delayed until today.  Now it's another 48Hrs.

Under what authority is she operating?  Needs shutting down, pronto.  Fucking championship club now as well.  

It's shite, but I don't see how any reconstruction can be delivered until you know what teams will be taking part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's shite, but I don't see how any reconstruction can be delivered until you know what teams will be taking part.

I guess so.  Is there a plethora of Scottish teams saying they need mothballing though?  Can only be a small handful at worst, so any fundamental change to the overall league structure sounds like more fanciful Save Hearts in Trouble drivel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely any team dropping out has to ask to be admitted to the regional leagues now.

Stupid armaggedon talk is all hearts fault.

One league of 16?There's plenty clubs underneath the top 12 waiting to step up if places are vacated.

Cant see anyone dropping out the top 12 so hearts will have to stay in the championship.

If QOS or Dunfermline cant play, i'm certain Falkirk and Partick will happily take their places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TonyFerrino said:

I guess so.  Is there a plethora of Scottish teams saying they need mothballing though?  Can only be a small handful at worst, so any fundamental change to the overall league structure sounds like more fanciful Save Hearts in Trouble drivel. 

I think most of Leagues 1 and 2 are of the opinion (though not publicly yet) and at least a handful of championship sides.

It's definitely not just a couple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morton want to carry on playing as well I'm sure.
This proposal would not at all be workable. If you go ahead with 12 top flight clubs plus the 5 or 6 lower league clubs who want to carry on in one division, you'd get clubs like Dunfermline QotS etc., correctly reversing their will not to play as there would then be a prospect of telly money to offset no crowds. Next thing you know, you've got 25 or 26 teams all wanting to be part of it.
Saved me typing that. The entire reason why clubs are saying they can't play is because they don't have the finance to do it. If you're extending the top league then every club in the country would want in it because that makes them financially okay to play games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

I think the other 26 teams agreeing to mothball may be more of a sticking point than the premier teams agreeing to split the pot up 16 ways.  Easier said than done. 

Yep - it's a complete and utter nonsense suggestion. Hearts and a handful of other lower league clubs (Dundee, Falkirk) seem happy to peddle this to try and forcr the rest of their league clubs to either foolishly commit to playing behind closed doors months in advance, in the middle of a pandemic, or allow then to be promoted on no sporting basis whatsoever into a 'temporary' league. It's not happening though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Gossip columns saying possibility of one league for next season, the meltdown on here will be glorious if so😂

What the PL will do to keep hold of the £30 million.

Now circulating fake news!

For Scotland to have any standing in world football we must have not less than two leagues with promotion and relegation plus playoffs.

As Ayr chairman said they have costed testing at £50,000 plus £50 per/player/week for the weekly test.

If the championship teams could share the test equipment and be limited to pools of 20 players it would cost £430,000 for 18 games.

Time the £30,000,000 was distributed in a fairer manner and Covid-19 costs for all PL and CL teams should be seen as expenses this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

I guess so.  Is there a plethora of Scottish teams saying they need mothballing though?  Can only be a small handful at worst, so any fundamental change to the overall league structure sounds like more fanciful Save Hearts in Trouble drivel. 

I think the majority will need to go in to abeyance. It's how to deal with the "survivors" beyond Hearts and A N Other(s) hat think they can get through without supporters. If the top tier changed to 14 I'm not sure there's enough below that for a viable division. If it was to go up to 16, the rest really would be finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...