League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

The accepted wisdom on here is now that it's actually unfair for teams 12, 13 and 14 to get relegated after finishing as the worst teams in the league after a full season and two years' notice at a time of economic and social stability. More unfair than team 12 suddenly getting bombed out with 24 points to play for during a global crisis.

As I've said before, it's f**k all to do with fairness. It's to do with clubs looking after their own interests. Budge is wasting her time.

Its everything to do with fairness.Open your eyes.

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

The accepted wisdom on here is now that it's actually unfair for teams 12, 13 and 14 to get relegated after finishing as the worst teams in the league after a full season and two years' notice at a time of economic and social stability. More unfair than team 12 suddenly getting bombed out with 24 points to play for during a global crisis.

As I've said before, it's f**k all to do with fairness. It's to do with clubs looking after their own interests. Budge is wasting her time.

I’m glad you have posted something I can agree with.

4 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Its everything to do with fairness.Open your eyes.

No it isn't. It's a members' organisation. Members generally don't vote out of fairness, they vote based on self-interest. I'm not complaining, that's just the way it is.

2 hours ago, BonniePrinceCharlie said:

Grammatically speaking, this is a reasonable response from you. You still made several errors though. If you are an adult I genuinely feel sorry for you  as you are illiterate and ignorant. 

I will ignore from now on, never argue with an  idiot is good advice.

This guy needs his hard drive checking.

:lol:

Some of the nonsense posted on here from some Hearts fans is hilarious. Luckily there are some decent Hearts fans which balance it out, Tony and DC should probably stick the myopic crowd on JKB though.

5 minutes ago, DC92 said:

No it isn't. It's a members' organisation. Members generally don't vote out of fairness, they vote based on self-interest. I'm not complaining, that's just the way it is.

They still voted for the bottom team to go down.All clubs must abide by the rule of the members organisation.

That's just the way it is.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Perhaps SBW Ann Budge thinks that her team should be considered a Premiership team for the basis of this reconstruction, even though they are not.

I've said before that the SPFL clubs should agree to a 14 or even 16 team league and then tell Hearts they're still in the Championship - there must be both promotion AND relegation.

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

:lol:

Some of the nonsense posted on here from some Hearts fans is hilarious. Luckily there are some decent Hearts fans which balance it out, Tony and DC should probably stick the myopic crowd on JKB though.

Because I said a temporary solution wasn't as big a deal as it's made out? Fair enough.

Just now, Tony Wonder said:

Because I said a temporary solution wasn't as big a deal as it's made out? Fair enough.

Because you seem to ignore that temporary reconstruction makes it difficult for every team barring the top 6 or 7 teams in the country.

What is more "fair"? Relegating a team that was at the bottom of the league when it finished or altering the promotion/relegation of every league when the temporary period finishes?

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

Because you seem to ignore that temporary reconstruction makes it difficult for every team barring the top 6 or 7 teams in the country.

What is more "fair"? Relegating a team that was at the bottom of the league when it finished or altering the promotion/relegation of every league when the temporary period finishes?

Relegating a team that was bottom when it was finished is a bit disingenuous seeing as we were bottom when the season wasn't meant to be finished.

I'd probably argue it's fairer to relegate the teams at the bottom of a restructured league after the full quota of games.  Two teams can currently go down from the premiership, it's potentially one more for one season.  And still only one guaranteed from the current 12 which would happen anyway.  

It's a moot point anyway, it's not happening. My initial point was why should the premiership be exempt from disruption when all our other leagues have to adapt to it?

15 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Desperado.  Obviously it's for the greater good though not just Hearts, naturally.  

And what's this shite about Monday?  How is this allowed to drag on and on and on? You're relegated, f**k off and deal with it.

23 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

It's a St mIrren supporter, no confidence in finishing in the top 10 two seasons in a row. ^_^

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'd probably argue it's fairer to relegate the teams at the bottom of a restructured league after the full quota of games.  Two teams can currently go down from the premiership, it's potentially one more for one season.  And still only one guaranteed from the current 12 which would happen anyway. 

For me to answer that I would need to see the league structure, with the proposed promotion/playoff/relegation spots, for both the initial reconstructed leagues then what would happen to them after the leagues are "re-aligned". Because it seems that you are only dealing with the top division in isolation here.

Are we to understand that, if Hearts had been aware earlier that the season was going to end after 30 fixtures, they would have done something different to make sure they weren't 4 points adrift at the bottom at that stage ?

Did they have a trump card in reserve that they were deliberately holding back for the post-split phase that never was ?

That's cunning.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

It's not common for teams in your position to get out of last place in the space of 8 games, and even less common for them to avoid the relegation zone.

Do you have the stats?  I'm not doubting you, I'm genuinely interested. 

1 minute ago, Mr. X said:

Do you have the stats?  I'm not doubting you, I'm genuinely interested. 

There is a piece on the BBC about it. Interestingly the only team to do so was us, last year, albeit the gap between us and Dundee (who we overtook) was smaller than the gap between you and Hamilton, and in that instance our form at the time was better than yours and we weren't chasing a ridiculously slippery Hamilton.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The split is utterly pointless and does very little to make the last 6 games ‘mean something’. 

Theres only ever one or two teams who are going to be relegated and they’re usually down before the last game anyway, and you almost almost end up with 7th finishing with more points than 6th, which looks fucking stupid when you look at the league table.

I think we're very much in the minority here with that opinion.

The majority here seem obsessed with some kind of split. Given that a fair amount (maybe even most) of them probably don't know any different mind. 

I'd wager that post split, most of the time, the teams pretty much finish up in the order they're in pre split (I'm not digging to check, it's not that important to me). How this makes things 'meaningful' is beyond me but there you go :) 

4 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I think we're very much in the minority here with that opinion.

The majority here seem obsessed with some kind of split. Given that a fair amount (maybe even most) of them probably don't know any different mind. 

I'd wager that post split, most of the time, the teams pretty much finish up in the order they're in pre split (I'm not digging to check, it's not that important to me). How this makes things 'meaningful' is beyond me but there you go :) 

Splits really just a mechanism to stop us playing 44 games which is a bit too much and lets the you know whos get you know what.

It works perfectly for the Scottish premier.

Quotes about different issues in different contexts separated by 4 years of experience

Your obsession with this woman is getting creepy