League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It all hinges on if shes still pushing for it to be temporary. Its dead in the water if she is.

I think it's dead in the water no matter what she proposes.It's not going to be for the good of Scottish football at all.

It would only be good for hearts but bad for the rest of Scottish football.Everyone knows it.

No need to change our structure, it's as good as we can get.

Just now, Sparticus said:

I think it's dead in the water no matter what she proposes.It's not going to be for the good of Scottish football at all.

It would only be good for hearts but bad for the rest of Scottish football.Everyone knows it.

I think you're right tbh, but a few chairmen do seem open to reconstruction, including St Johnstones. If she could make it appealing enough there is a chance for her.

Just now, Sparticus said:

It is dead.

Unless she has a miracle business plan that goes beyond sympathy for relegated clubs situation it has no chance. The reference in her statement to some players wanting it is utterly irrelevant.

Even if she did produce something significantly positive for the game as a whole I'd still be extremely sceptical at the ability to gain enough votes to get it through. This is still Scottish football.

In short, it's dead.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think you're right tbh, but a few chairmen do seem open to reconstruction, including St Johnstones. If she could make it appealing enough there is a chance for her.

One rare decent point Tom English made recently was that it's one thing for club chairmen to be sympathetic/open minded about reconstruction but an entirely different matter for that to be converted into voting for it.

11 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:
I genuinely believe we had that chance when Rangers went bust and were demoted into the 3rd Division.
If we had a fully functioning pyramid Rangers returning would have taken an extended period of time (not 3/4 years).

They’d have simply followed Airdrie’s example and bought out a struggling franchise and taken its league place. Probably Cowdenbeath

ETA: After some negative feedback I'd like to point out that I wasn't saying that such an outcome would be a good thing

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

They’d have simply followed Airdrie’s example and bought out a struggling franchise and taken its league place. Probably Cowdenbeath

Wonder how long it would have been before the SPFL and SFA awarded 'Airdrie' all those Rangers leagues and cups.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think you're right tbh, but a few chairmen do seem open to reconstruction, including St Johnstones. If she could make it appealing enough there is a chance for her

I think they just have to be seen to be open to it.11-1 vote though.Lets start with the teams we think will vote against it?

I'll start with mine.Hibs.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It all hinges on if shes still pushing for it to be temporary. Its dead in the water if she is.

There are more Premiership CEO fans of temporary than permanent, imo

(and even then, not enough)

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

ETA: After some negative feedback I'd like to point out that I wasn't saying that such an outcome would be a good thing

Clubs can't just buy over another club.

The Airdrie/Clydebank situation was unique and we'll almost certainly never see it again. I think Airdrie actually purchased Clydebank's league membership and not Clydebank the football club. That was due to Clydebank being pretty much defunct.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Clubs can't just buy over another club.

The Airdrie/Clydebank situation was unique and we'll almost certainly never see it again. I think Airdrie actually purchased Clydebank's league membership and not Clydebank the football club. That was due to Clydebank being pretty much defunct.

That doesn't sound like the most difficult situation for to manufacture especially when you consider the type of "businessmen" that were circling the corporate corpse of the old Rangers

Either I'm being overly cynical or you're being charmingly naive

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

There are more Premiership CEO fans of temporary than permanent, imo

(and even then, not enough)

There will be several teams not relishing the prospect of up to 4 relegations next year or the year after if it's temporary. 

Edited by welshbairn

I reckon to have a cats chance in Hell Ann Budge will need to do three things

Firstly: Persuade Sky to put up more money for more football or at least persuade the clubs that this would happen.

Secondly: Modify the "temporary" reconstruction to a "trial" reconstruction. So if in 2 years time everybody is happy with 14 we keep it, otherwise 3 teams go down in 2022/23 

Thirdly: Be Lucky

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

32 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That doesn't sound like the most difficult situation for to manufacture especially when you consider the type of "businessmen" that were circling the corporate corpse of the old Rangers

Either I'm being overly cynical or you're being charmingly naive

You can't just buy over a club.

The club can just say 'no'. No club is going to agree to be bought over and thus consigned to the bin.

The league would take a pretty dim view of it too.

If it was so easy then Rangers and Celtic would probably have done it ages ago and played B and C teams down the leagues.

Not Sevco. They would if they could afford it though.