League Reconstruction 20/21 season

54 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

If for some wild reason the league did expand to 14.I think ICT and Dundee would have more of a legal case of promotion rather than hearts.

It would be hilarious if the SPFL agreed to reconstruction and that was the outcome. 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

And why were they declared champions of the LL?

Because no more games can be played this season.

Complaining about not being able to play a game you only qualified for because you cant play anymore games is just bizarre. 

That is it in a nutshell.

I get the points made about the SPFL effectively cancelling a competition that isn't solely theirs to cancel. But in reality that is a technicality and is not what they are bothered about, they are using this as a means to highlight an apparent unfairness.

There are 9 SPFL teams who are 'entitled' to a play-off by finishing 2nd-4th and have lost that due to the season ending (some of whom did not vote to end the season). Therefore Kelty or Brora have no right to feel they are being treated particularly unfairly when 9 other SPFL clubs have also had their play-off entitlement removed. If the SPFL were continuing on with their own play-offs while not putting up a team for the Kelty/Brora play-off then they would absolutely have a case. As it happens the SPFL have been consistent that any team in a play-off spot will not compete in them. 

Is it a crap situation? Obviously. Could the SPFL have handled it better? Almost certainly. But the coverage these 2 clubs are getting is completely disappropionate.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

im wondering why Hearts even released a statement  like that. Surely putting into writting that you are threatening to sue the league if they do not push through league reconstruction would damadge any case of bullying against hearts and their situation?

It seems to me tbat this is just a massive own goal which makes it more likely to fail, but im not a lawyer so who knows.

Edited by Phillips455

11 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Is it a crap situation? Obviously. Could the SPFL have handled it better? Almost certainly. But the coverage these 2 clubs are getting is completely disappropionate.

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

13 hours ago, Jambomo said:

At least an equal case to be fair. If they were ever really going to look at reconstruction - it needed to be done before any relegations or promotions were done. It’s too late now that they’ve basically called everything.

Yes, I was clumsily asking about this scenario yesterday but this is a clearer version.

As the press release said that the position was unanimous from the Premiership clubs, I wonder if Budge is simply playing the game on the reconstruction chat while really moving toward the legal challenge (which will fail, imo)?

12 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

That is it in a nutshell.

I get the points made about the SPFL effectively cancelling a competition that isn't solely theirs to cancel. But in reality that is a technicality and is not what they are bothered about, they are using this as a means to highlight an apparent unfairness.

There are 9 SPFL teams who are 'entitled' to a play-off by finishing 2nd-4th and have lost that due to the season ending (some of whom did not vote to end the season). Therefore Kelty or Brora have no right to feel they are being treated particularly unfairly when 9 other SPFL clubs have also had their play-off entitlement removed. If the SPFL were continuing on with their own play-offs while not putting up a team for the Kelty/Brora play-off then they would absolutely have a case. As it happens the SPFL have been consistent that any team in a play-off spot will not compete in them. 

Thank you Mr Trump.

13 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

im wondering why Hearts even released a statement  like that. Surely putting into writting that you are threatening to sue the league if they do not push through league reconstruction would damadge any case of bullying against hearts and their situation?

It seems to me tbat this is just a massive own goal which makes it more likely to fail, but im not a lawyer so who knows.

I think if I was a Hearts fan I would be more interesting in why they were an absolute shambles of a football team this season with the third biggest budget in the league. Looking at the Hearts board it’s just full of outrage at how unfair relegation is with no one seeming to recognise they got themselves in this position in the first place due to dreadful mismanagement.

4 minutes ago, Yorky said:

I think if I was a Hearts fan I would be more interesting in why they were an absolute shambles of a football team this season with the third biggest budget in the league. Looking at the Hearts board it’s just full of outrage at how unfair relegation is with no one seeming to recognise they got themselves in this position in the first place due to dreadful mismanagement.

John Hartson said the same thing on the BBC Scotland news last night.totally ripped into them and said it was there own fault for being relegated and they shouldnt be deflecting from that.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Whether he was right or wrong, anything John Hartson says on Scottish football should be firmly placed in the bin.

In the punditry world of spangles unable to string coherent sentences together, Hartson is at the top of that particular heap of jobbies.

27 minutes ago, Yorky said:

At the time when Levein was fired with 27 games remaining many Hearts fans were angry Budge had given him too much time. 

Given that he turns out to have been fired with 19 games remaining it turns out they were more correct than they thought

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

I am now completely anti reconstruction now. 

The Scottish Premiership has never looked more interesting than next season.

1st - Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round

2nd - Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round

3rd - Europa Conference League 2nd Qualifying Round

4th - Europa Conference League 2nd Qualifying Round

Scottish Cup Winners - Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round

Record Prize Money and first time Scotland has had 5 European places in a long time. 

Reconstruction will only hold back Scotland's Establishment teams and the game as a whole. 

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

I guess we wait until we find out which clubs are left standing before we contemplate the reorganisation of the leagues.

Wait until when? 

Some Falkirk fans still thrashing about with nonsense. The popular one among the dafties (an admittedly low number) think Dundee voted against a playoff, as if there has ever been a chance of any playoff games being played since this all started.

Oh, and seemingly a pre-season game against Celtic, which was apparently one of the things Celtic promised when they 'bought' Dundee's vote, is going to be a huge money spinner for Dundee. Somehow.

The other thing Celtic seemingly promised when they 'purchased' Dundee's vote was to give them a few of their top younger players on loan. Given that it's not the 1980s and players actually have a say in these things, I'd say that tearful nonsense is rather far fetched. Even if it wasn't, the league is hardly going to be shaking if Jonathan Afolabi turns up at Dens Park.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wait until when? 

We get the go ahead to restart. I'd assume we'd get some notice.

In that time we'd have to get the self serving clubs to actually think of what's best for all of the clubs and what they can sell to the TV and sponsors.

Given our great track record in organisational competence it'll be a piece of piss.

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

John Hartson said the same thing on the BBC Scotland news last night.totally ripped into them and said it was there own fault for being relegated and they shouldnt be deflecting from that.

Is this the same John Hartson who was demanding a season long ban for Morelos,  after he claimed that the player was running around Fir Park sticking the middle finger up at traumatised Motherwell fans?

I think we can take the wind bags comments with a pinch of salt.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Is this the same John Hartson who was demanding a season long ban for Morelos,  after he claimed that the player was running around Fir Park sticking the middle finger up at traumatised Motherwell fans?

I think we can take the wind bags comments with a pinch of salt.

We weren’t traumatised 

Too busy laughing at him for doing it right in front of the Ref.

2 hours ago, Yorky said:

And dreadful football.

The vastly overpaid clowns that played for them, should be taking a long hard look at themselves and taking responsibility for the teams shite position.

Craig Halkett is in the media blaming everyone and everything else for their current predicament. Not one moment of recognition towards the fact that the players have been a disgrace.

Edited by FTOF

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Craig Halkett is in the media blaming everyone and everything else for their current predicament.

Thought he would still be blowing out his arse chasing down Obika tbf.............................